• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Also gotta love some of the hot takes I've heard so far talks about how "polarizing" PK was or how management didn't like his style...what?

hope we get to see those $12 million cap penalties come into fruition lol

or the $24 million one year penalty

iLLmAtlc

I don't think we have to go that far. I don't have a hard time believing the Canadiens think they're getting an upgrade, as wrong as it is.

Y'all love Babcock right? The 2014 Olympics are pretty clear about who he thinks is getting the better player in this trade.

It's a young mans game but 30 isn't exactly that old yet.

BXpLCdW.png

Huh.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus fuck Montreal. What the ever loving fuck are you doing?

You gave PK no respek.

Creeper, lamaroo, red, imbask, schuey....all of HabsGAF. :'(

I feel a lot of ways about what has happened today. Oilers got fucking fleeced and that's hilarious. Montreal got fleeced because they managed to ostracize one of the seemingly nicest guys and best players in the league. That's hilarious and sad and I feel real bad for the fans. Course, a former Hab is doing his best to do that to our entire team so...

Cake Boss

Banned
I don't think we have to go that far. I don't have a hard time believing the Canadiens think they're getting an upgrade, as wrong as it is.

Y'all love Babcock right? The 2014 Olympics are pretty clear about who he thinks is getting the better player in this trade.

It's a young mans game but 30 isn't exactly that old yet.

Babcock also likes Dan Clearly, Matt Hunwick, and Chris Kunits.

Whatever Babcock likes isn't an all to be all talent evaluator.

Khaliss

Banned
Guys, c'mon. This isn't about race, PK was just too street for the Montreal Canadiens.

You wanna talk STREET? Donald Brashear back in the day was the streetest mofo around!!!!

I saw him walk in a Montreal club with his fur coat, purple high top hat, golden cane and two bitches on his arms.

All Subban did was give millions to help sick children pffff.

iLLmAtlc

Babcock also likes Dan Clearly, Matt Hunwick, and Chris Kunits.

Whatever Babcock likes isn't an all to be all talent evaluator.

I know, but I'm saying we don't have to speculate about Montreal being racist or hating PK to understand why they made the trade. Weber is still loved by hockey people so I think it's pretty possible Montreal thinks they're getting an upgrade for a few years.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I know, but I'm saying we don't have to speculate about Montreal being racist or hating PK to understand why they made the trade. Weber is still loved by hockey people* so I think it's pretty possible Montreal thinks they're getting an upgrade for a few years.
*not in Montreal

Holiday

Banned
I know, but I'm saying we don't have to speculate about Montreal being racist or hating PK to understand why they made the trade. Weber is still loved by hockey people so I think it's pretty possible Montreal thinks they're getting an upgrade for a few years.
The question isn't why do they like Weber, but why they dislike Subban, apparently so much.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So the top 5 guys from the 2010 draft who are still with the team that drafted them are Jeff Skinner, Alexander Burmistrov, Mikael Granlund, Dylan McIlrath, and Cam Fowler.

Ricker

Subban noooo.Dumbest trade ever...no draft choices,just a one for one...? guess we will know during the press conference in 45 minutes...

yyzjohn

Banned
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA TORONTO AND MONTREAL LMAAAAAAAAAOOOO

TURDS LOOL!!!!!!!!!!

It's worse for Montreal, we never had Stamkos to begin with. Also plenty of Leafs fans didn't want a 10+ cap hit or whatever it would take to sign Stamkos here. Leafs are still on the right track, Habs are sliding into rebuild mode at this point.

Top Bottom