• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Parch

I read that Chiarelli offered Hall for Subban, and Bergevin said no. Not sure if this actually happened.

BOTH Montreal and Edmonton would have come out ahead of where they ended up if this deal went through.
That just creates a big hole on defense for Montreal. I can understand why they didn't want to do that.

I really should be in here more. I sometimes don't post but read this thread daily. The one day I'm out for most of it, all this goes down. Just wow.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Galchenyuk is next, not enough grit in his game for this management. Patches doesn't have any either, but he's Bergevin's yes man, so he's safe.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Any chance the Lightning are planning a sign and trade with Detroit? I'm desperate here.
Not unless Detroit is willing to give up like 3-4 players for him. Stamkos is staying in Tampa. Detroit will need to look at getting Lucic, Okposo, or Eriksson now.

zroid

Banned
That just creates a big hole on defense for Montreal. I can understand why they didn't want to do that.
I agree but they have trouble scoring so Hall would have still been great for them. Weber just makes them flat out worse. Trading one of the best D in the world in his prime for a guy who's been declining for years. Woof.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
b2WV7u0.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
A reminder that Shea Weber's contract runs through 2026. That's TWENTY TWENTY-SIX. That's another 10 years from today.

How long is 10 years? 10 years ago the Edmonton Oilers were in the Stanley Cup Final.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't seen all the comments yet, but the Habs "fans" at work seem oblivious or say Shea Weber is a good trade. Does anyone at Habs age think this is actually good?

I've heard "Weber is the best D man in the league" so far as an answer.
(FYI - Cakey, I told him Karlsson was the best)

I'm still shocked that this happened. Hall for PK would leave a hole on mtl's backend but they have Price back there and Hall upfront (with no crazy contract) to provide the offense they needed.

Xeteh

I haven't seen all the comments yet, but the Habs "fans" at work seem oblivious or say Shea Weber is a good trade. Does anyone at Habs age think this is actually good?

I've heard "Weber is the best D man in the league" so far as an answer.
(FYI - Cakey, I told him Karlsson was the best)

I'm still shocked that this happened. Hall for PK would leave a hole on mtl's backend but they have Price back there and Hall upfront (with no crazy contract) to provide the offense they needed.

I can't imagine anyone not in a state of shock thinking that the Habs got a decent deal on that trade. It isn't even close.

yyzjohn

Banned
I got in the car all ready to laugh with Overdrive about the Hall deal, then they tell me Stamkos is staying in TB and I'm a bit shocked he didn't move so close to July 1 and then they drop the PK bomb and I almost fucking swerved off the road.

HOLY FUCK!

Foggy

Creeper, Red, Lam, Solo, Schu, Imbask...you got done dirty. It ain't right. This is legit horrifying. What in the holy fuck did PK do to turn EVERYONE in that organization against him?

Fei

I expected Stamkos to end up in Toronto, so between that and the PK debacle, good day for Sabres-GAF. And I'm pretty sure Yzerman saved Buffalo from themselves by offering $12M+ to Stamkos.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
James Mirtle @mirtle
The good news, Montreal fans, is Shea Weber comes with some cap recapture penalties when he retires.

Also gotta love some of the hot takes I've heard so far talks about how "polarizing" PK was or how management didn't like his style...what?

Top Bottom