• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Line_HTX

Defenseman while black?

5fd6191df3085e00535a8d295dc49b1b.png

It's worse for Montreal, we never had Stamkos to begin with. Also plenty of Leafs fans didn't want a 10+ cap hit or whatever it would take to sign Stamkos here. Leafs are still on the right track, Habs are sliding into rebuild mode at this point.

Initially I was down in the idea of bringing Stamkos to Toronto for cap reasons but recently I had started warming up to the idea.

In the end though I'm not salty about him staying in Tampa, probably for the best.

Every Wild fan I know is celebrating Weber leaving. Everybody thinks he is so much better than Subban.

Weber is more physical and often ends up injuring players more often but Subban is going to kill us. And nobody believes me.

yyzjohn

Banned
Initially I was down in the idea of bringing Stamkos to Toronto for cap reasons but recently I had started warming up to the idea.

In the end though I'm not salty about him staying in Tampa, probably for the best in the end.

That's the thing, I don't think any Leafs fan (outside of Dopey) was hell-bent on signing Stamkos here. Sure it's great for sports radio cause they had hours of material on it, but in the end it's probably best for the Leafs in 5 years that he's not in Toronto.

when I read the news on my phone about Subban, I shed a single tear. I've never shed a tear in realization of stupidity before.

Three of us were working on a machine - a manager, another engineer and myself - and we all looked at our phones separately, seeing the news, then realizing that all of us read the same news :lol

I guess Subban really made an impression at the all-star game :') I hope he's going somewhere where he is appreciated.

I'm OK with no Stamcock. As everyone said it would have been a nice pipe-dream but I'm not really disappointed. Toronto would have had a lot tied up with him. That being said Yzerman getting him for 8.5 is nuts.

I look forward to seeing more of Hall :)
even if watching the oilera was a guilty pleasure of mine last season

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
That's the thing, I don't think any Leafs fan (outside of Dopey) was hell-bent on signing Stamkos here. Sure it's great for sports radio cause they had hours of material on it, but in the end it's probably best for the Leafs in 5 years that he's not in Toronto.

You guys think I care when I really don't lol

Kifimbo

I was running on a treadmill in front of a TV. I almost had an heart attack when the Subban trade was announced. This is Chris Chelios and Patrick Roy all over again.

Parch

There was no hiding that the coach disliked PK. Seems he was successful in convincing the rest of management as well.

PK is a risk taker and makes mistakes, but that's going to happen with young D-men expected to contribute offensively. You have to take the bad with the good for that style of play, and there's a helluva lot more good than bad and very poor judgement to harp on the occasional mistake.

It's a terrible deal for Montreal. Very short sighted and very disappointing.

Top Bottom