• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

zroid

Banned
Bergevin said he wants to talk about Weber and not Subban
Weber is a gold medalist
the contract doesn't scare him because players like him are durable, compares to markov (???)
he never had a problem with PK (???)
PK is also a gold medalist...

Pikma

Banned
What the fuck, Habs

W
H
A
T

T
H
E

F
U
C
K

If you want to change teams (I wouldn't blame you) me, kingslunk, megachao and all those playoffs bandwagoners welcome you with open arms

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
What the fuck, Habs

W
H
A
T

T
H
E

F
U
C
K

If you want to change teams (I wouldn't blame you) me, kingslunk, megachao and all those playoffs bandwagoners welcome you with open arms

I honestly think the subban trade was better than the taylor hall trade lol

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
dude, it's not even close cmon. We traded a great dman for a great dman, but ours was a little bit better

Hall for Larsson is straight garbage

that's what i was trying to say

like... subban trade is getting so much attention... but edmonton got FLEECED for Hall

imBask

Banned
that's what i was trying to say

like... subban trade is getting so much attention... but edmonton got FLEECED for Hall

Honestly, I think the move is an all-in. Bergevin wants to win the cup right now so he got a leader and a stud who's ready to win right now

I doubt it'll work, especially with Stamkos gone

Unless we score the Kucherov dream

yyzjohn

Banned
I feel unreasonably disappointed. I mean honestly, I could use the words "my heart sank" when I heard the news Stamkos signed.

I should get some god damn perspective though. Because really, Tampa is a fantastic team, Yzerman is a fantastic GM, and Stamkos has it good staying in Tampa.

But the dream of him "returning home" was too great for me, heh. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

No worries huge Tampa fab ZeeoGravity said Stamkos is no longer elite so they'll be stuck with that contract in years 4-8.

zroid

Banned
I think the main reason Hall fleecing isn't getting as much attention is because EDM can probably manage offensively without him. They have so many weapons and there's only so many minutes to go around. But in a vacuum yeah jesus christ it's bad. Chiarelli is something else.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Weber is a diamond in the rough according to Bergevin. The guy who has been over hyped probably more than anyone the last few years, and gets a free pass for Team Canada.

imBask

Banned
No worries huge Tampa fab ZeeoGravity said Stamkos is no longer elite so they'll be stuck with that contract in years 4-8.

oh right, this fuckboi kept hammering that Stamkos was done and they didn't need him, i'm guessing he's real bummed out now

ZeroGravity

For the record, I never said I was opposed to the Lightning re-signing Stamkos, or that he was "done." He just wasn't the kind of player who deserved 10+ million anymore. Yzerman signed him to exactly the right deal.

lupinko

Surprised that Hall got traded instead of Yakupov.

Also I knew Stamkos was only going to go to either to Tampa or Toronto.

So for once I'm actually pleased the Loafs isn't set anything on fire like the old days.

Sorry Habs fans, you guys got fleeced.

yyzjohn

Banned
For the record, I never said I was opposed to the Lightning re-signing Stamkos, or that he was "done." He just wasn't the kind of player who deserved 10+ million anymore. Yzerman signed him to exactly the right deal.

ZeeoGravity said:
Last year was already a down year for him. This is continuing the slide. He can still be an effective player, but he's no longer elite and he's not capable of carrying a team.

ZeeoGravity said:
Says the only one here who actually watches him with any regularity. Anyone who thinks they're signing the guy who scored 60 goals is in for a rude awakening. He's not the same player he used to be. All aspects of his game have regressed since then. It's depressing to watch how bad he's been this year

Posted in the pick ups thread. These came in today on a day thats been awesome for hockey in general.

4r63Wyx.jpg

Team issued Harvard pants.

Fei

Honestly, I think the move is an all-in. Bergevin wants to win the cup right now so he got a leader and a stud who's ready to win right now

I doubt it'll work, especially with Stamkos gone

Unless we score the Kucherov dream

If I want to win now, I'll want the better player right now. The move doesn't make sense in the short term and makes much less sense in the long term.

RedRum

Banned
I just heard the news here at work. Holy fuck in a handbasket. Trade of the century. Habs just keep getting robed. Have we done a HabsGAF headcount? Everyone check in okay and alive??

zroid

Banned
If the Preds sign Reimer to shore up their goaltending situation I'm gonna be all-in on Nashville next year.

P.S. I rooted for the Pens last year after the Kessel trade and look how that turned out

Pikma

Banned
Everything the Oilers do will always be on a whole other level, not sure what the purpose of comparing yourselves to that shit organization is

Top Bottom