• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

A real estate agent just came to my door looking for, and I'm not joking, two million dollars to invest in property. Just the average multi-million dollar investment door-to-door sales job.

That was strange to say the least. Now he's got my neighbor cornered in his driveway.

zroid

Banned
PBuk52u.png

Does Miami have a fountain of youth or something?

Quick

Banned
A real estate agent just came to my door looking for, and I'm not joking, two million dollars to invest in property. Just the average multi-million dollar investment door-to-door sales job.

That was strange to say the least. Now he's got my neighbor cornered in his driveway.

I don't think I've ever heard of this being something real estate agents do.

PBuk52u.png

Florida is the supposed home of the Fountain of Youth.

Quick

Banned
It's probably the strangest thing to ever happen on my doorstep. Seems like a lot of money to try and talk someone out of spontaneously.

On that note, I would have thought that the agent would approach you about selling your house, but even that is ballsy to do personally. They'd usually just leave a flyer at your door in that case.

On that note, I would have thought that the agent would approach you about selling your house, but even that is ballsy to do personally. They'd usually just leave a flyer at your door in that case.

That's actually how he started. He said he was offering free valuations, we declined because we'd just moved into this house a year ago and he launched right into the multi-million dollar investment. Literally everything about me screams "house poor".

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

That's a Jessica Jones scene I'm pretty sure I remember that

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I had that happen at my parents place a month ago. Just randomly knocked on the door gave me his card and said he'd love to sell our house.

Do you live in a really nice neighbourhood or something?

Twelve minutes into the London-Erie Ohl series and already four goals. Knights powerplay too strong.

LOL, make that 5 goals. All four of London's by the first line / powerplay unit.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, they usually looking to buy, not ask for a million.................
I had that happen at my parents place a month ago. Just randomly knocked on the door gave me his card and said he'd love to sell our house.

This isn't unusual for people with actual houses in Toronto. Friend of mine that also lives in Leslieville gets offers all the time. He usually shuts them up with 1 million and leaves it at that.

Considering how housing costs are going crazy nowadays here though...I wonder if someone won't take him up on that some day. My former neighbor sold his for 850 000 and this was half a decade ago.

Does anyone feel like they are losing a lot of interest in video games as a whole?

I still love them and play older ones and there are for sure some upcoming ones that I need and have been waiting forever for (FFXV) but I feel as a whole I don't care about gaming as a whole nearly as much anymore

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone feel like they are losing a lot of interest in video games as a whole?

I still love them and play older ones and there are for sure some upcoming ones that I need and have been waiting forever for (FFXV) but I feel as a whole I don't care about gaming as a whole nearly as much anymore

Absolutely, I load up Gaming side maybe once a day to see if there's any big news when I've run out of things to read elsewhere, and aside from multiplayer games, I lose interest in new games after a week or two. I have so many games just sitting around that I'll never finish.

Absolutely, I load up Gaming side maybe once a day to see if there's any big news when I've run out of things to read elsewhere, and aside from multiplayer games, I lose interest in new games after a week or two. I have so many games just sitting around that I'll never finish.

Yeah... It's weird.

I have a massive backlog that I am never going to touch and idk even if I should call it one at this point then.

Recently I've been gaming quite a bit but I've certainly had periods like that before. When the PS4 first released I bought one and aside for a handful of games went quite a while barely touching it.

Yawnier

Banned

I haven't done a lot of gaming over the last two years (since early 2014) so I can kind of relate.

I've found myself playing older games like Spyro and Crash Bandicoot than newer stuff over the last several months.

TBH I don't think I've played a single 2015 release aside from Yakuza 5. I barely touch my ps4.

fallout

I went through a phase in my mid-to-late 20s where I felt like this. Then indie games on PC rekindled my love and I'm back again.

Recently I've been gaming quite a bit but I've certainly had periods like that before. When the PS4 first released I bought one and aside for a handful of games went quite a while barely touching it.

I haven't done a lot of gaming over the last two years (since early 2014) so I can kind of relate.

I've found myself playing older games like Spyro and Crash Bandicoot than newer stuff over the last several months.

TBH I don't think I've played a single 2015 release aside from Yakuza 5. I barely touch my ps4.

I went through a phase in my mid-to-late 20s where I felt like this. Then indie games on PC rekindled my love and I'm back again.

It might be because my hype for FFXV is crazy and no other game seems to pique my interest other than Ratchet and Clank atm. But at the same time it is also about kinda how pointless video games seem too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

This happened to me years ago, when I first started posting in here I gamed quite a bit, but my interest fell off. I still buy games, but don't usually play them or have a really hard time holding my attention. I still play NHL 16 quite a bit to get my fix, but otherwise there's so much other shit I want to / should be doing. I wish I could sit down for 8 hours and veg out to a game , but I just can't anymore.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
completely useless comparison incoming

McDavid OHL Career: GP 200 G 122 A 231 Points 353

Marner OHL Career: GP 211 G 119 A 236 Points 355

This happened to me years ago, when I first started posting in here I gamed quite a bit, but my interest fell off. I still buy games, but don't usually play them or have a really hard time holding my attention. I still play NHL 16 quite a bit to get my fix, but otherwise there's so much other shit I want to / should be doing. I wish I could sit down for 8 hours and veg out to a game , but I just can't anymore.

I find it happening a lot more often in the past few years. I go through these swings of not wanting to play games but recently they have lasted much longer and more frequently...

I don't think I will ever totally give up gaming but it is definitely being left behind in a lot of ways

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I find it happening a lot more often in the past few years. I go through these swings of not wanting to play games but recently they have lasted much longer and more frequently...

I don't think I will ever totally give up gaming but it is definitely being left behind in a lot of ways
The older you get and the busier / more responsibility you take on, will force you to prioritize your free time more strictly. They've become a good way to kill an hour or so for me, but it's something you have to really have a passion for to make time for it as a hobby.

I only post here now because of NHL-Gaf.

The older you get and the busier / more responsibility you take on, will force you to prioritize your free time more strictly. They've become a good way to kill an hour or so for me, but it's something you have to really have a passion for to make time for it as a hobby.

I only post here now because of NHL-Gaf.

Yeah I mean like I alluded to, when FFXV drops then I will time sink that but most games I am super interested in aren't out for awhile so that obviously could be it. At the same time though I find games increasingly pointless

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Played Dark Souls 3 at a friends house and found myself enjoying it(first time playing a Souls game), but I just don't think I could put in the time required to truly appreciate the game if I bought it.

Doesn't help that games are so expensive right now, and I'm not sure I'd even be able to get into 1 or 2 in the same way if I found them for cheap.

Yeeesh. I'm guessing that Jeff O'Neill's Brazzers t-shirt stunt didn't go over well with TSN. Given that the promised picture of him in it never materialized, nor did anyone even comment about it on Twitter.

Marvie_3

Banned
PBuk52u.png

Asians don't...ageing?

Yep. Nintendo is about the only developer I really care about anymore. If the NX is a huge disappointment, Im probably done gaming for good, with the exception of something on my phone to waste time on the train with.

Haven't played anything on my xbox in months other than Fallout and outside of some random games of NHL, I don't touch my PS4.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I have periods of ups and downs with my amount of gaming. I like to try and get an hour or two in a night if I can. Some days I will play for a longer stretch if I have nothing else to do. Lately I've just been playing Halo and some Division. Also since I love in a small town I tend to go out less frequently.

Summer rec hockey starts soon so im looking forward to that.

A lot of my gaming has gone handheld, much more convenient with a kid running around. If suspend / resume hadn't been introduced this gen, I'm not sure I would have been able to keep it up as a hobby.

imBask

Banned
A lot of my gaming has gone handheld, much more convenient with a kid running around. If suspend / resume hadn't been introduced this gen, I'm not sure I would have been able to keep it up as a hobby.

Games like DS3 who sends you back to the title screen everytime you suspend the game are INFURIATING

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I've always gone through months of not playing anything to playing a game. I don't think I'm any less interested in games because I'm usually somewhat picky in what I play anyway.

Top Bottom