• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Socreges

Banned
Even better, he was discouraged by the results:

4KGMPr2.png

e2p7VkR.png
Charming.

So I'm in the market for a new team. I hear the Panthers are in want of fans.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Even better, he was discouraged by the results:

4KGMPr2.png

e2p7VkR.png

The Canucks have a 33% chance of getting a top 3 pick, so Benning shouldn't be surprised he went 3/10. How he spun the wheel for two hours and didn't end up in the top 3 once the night before is a mystery...

My money is on he was using last year's simulator

I wouldn't even be surprised

also how does he have this much spare time?

HabsGAF GET SUPER HYPE.

Lehkonen now trails former Frolunda superstar Daniel Alfredsson by one point for the organization’s record for most points recorded in a single post-season

Very very impressive, come to North America already dude.

zroid

Banned
The blessing the Wings received from the hockey gods this year was equally a curse bestowed upon the Bruins, which is totally cool with me

imBask

Banned
This is amazing, it's like if someone from NHL-Gaf became a GM

He was just waiting for someone to respond to his trade proposals on the secret GM trading site

"so GM Zroid, your team did pretty poorly tonight what happened?"
"what do you mean, have you seen this graph? we pretty much won!"

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Time for Detroit to go hard on Stamkos and Lucic. Gotta replace Datsyuk, Richards, Andersson, and probably Nyquist/Tatar. Need a solid D man too. Kenny better be opening that wallet come July 1st.

Time for Detroit to go hard on Stamkos and Lucic. Gotta replace Datsyuk, Richards, Andersson, and probably Nyquist/Tatar. Need a solid D man too. Kenny better be opening that wallet come July 1st.

I'd think it would be better to hit the rebuild button right now, get the shitty year out of the way.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd think it would be better to hit the rebuild button right now, get the shitty year out of the way.
Don't imagine that's an easy sell to a fan base that has watched their team make the playoffs since the beginning of time. It absolutely is what they should do, or they're going to be a drive for 9th team for the next 5 years.

Quick

Banned
I picked up an iPad Air 2. $609 CAD for 64GB is a good enough price point for me. I haven't had this much storage in an iPad, and I'm coming from a 16GB iPad Mini 2. Gonna be nice having all my comics in my iPad, and generally not having to worry about storage.

$799 CAD for the 32GB Pro is pretty damn expensive.

zroid

Banned
Ugh, some asshole is revving his engine like a madman nearby. This is part of why I hated living in the city for the 3 years that I did. It's too damn noisy at night.

Yawnier

Banned

Detroit (and Vancouver as well to a lesser extent) both remind me somewhat of where the Leafs were in the mid to late 00s after the 04-05 lockout.

Detroit really could use a rebuild where they get a few high end, young pieces from the top of the draft to build around, but realistically I can see the wings squeezing every last drop out of the Zetterberg core that they can until they are all dead and can't skate anymore.

The way I personally see it they already have some decent players in their prospect cupboard like Mantha and Svechnikov, most of them will probably be complimentary players if they pan out though.

Red_Man

Biggest issue for Detroit is their D, they don't have any studs on the back end that aren't in the late stages of their careers.

I picked up an iPad Air 2. $609 CAD for 64GB is a good enough price point for me. I haven't had this much storage in an iPad, and I'm coming from a 16GB iPad Mini 2. Gonna be nice having all my comics in my iPad, and generally not having to worry about storage.

$799 CAD for the 32GB Pro is pretty damn expensive.
I have a 3 year old iPad and would really like a Pro, but I just can't convince myself to spend that much money, especially when my iPad is perfectly fine.

Quick

Banned
I have a 3 year old iPad and would really like a Pro, but I just can't convince myself to spend that much money, especially when my iPad is perfectly fine.

My iPad Mini 2 is 3 years this year and still runs fine for the most part, but it was showing its age a little and I've been meaning to get back to a larger iPad.

I was listening in on an Apple employee's discussion about the Air 2 vs. Pro to another person, and it convinced me not to buy the Pro.

Basically, what he ended up saying was if you're planning on doing some serious video or photo editing, and/or really want the Pencil and Smart Keyboard, get the Pro. If it's for casual use, stick to the Air.

Red_Man

My iPad Mini 2 is 3 years this year and still runs fine for the most part, but it was showing its age a little and I've been meaning to get back to a larger iPad.

I was listening in on an Apple employee's discussion about the Air 2 vs. Pro to another person, and it convinced me not to buy the Pro.

Basically, what he ended up saying was if you're planning on doing some serious video or photo editing, and/or really want the Pencil and Smart Keyboard, get the Pro. If it's for casual use, stick to the Air.
Oh yea? Mine is purely used for casual at home use, I only use my laptop for work related stuff. I like the giant screen on the pro though, but I'm not going to upgrade until mine dies or they bring out one that is such a huge upgrade I don't have a choice.

zroid

Banned
Detroit (and Vancouver as well to a lesser extent) both remind me somewhat of where the Leafs were in the mid to late 00s after the 04-05 lockout.

Detroit really could use a rebuild where they get a few high end, young pieces from the top of the draft to build around, but realistically I can see the wings squeezing every last drop out of the Zetterberg core that they can until they are all dead and can't skate anymore.

The way I personally see it they already have some decent players in their prospect cupboard like Mantha and Svechnikov, most of them will probably be complimentary players if they pan out though.

They got insanely lucky with Larkin too. Their forward depth wouldn't look half as good if they hadn't managed to steal him at 16th overall or wherever it was.

Top Bottom