• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Cake Boss

Banned
CmR8CXHWcAA5ASK.jpg

Her Connor, it's penguin.

On this day 2 years ago.. Claude Giroux grabbed butts. The butts of Ottawa police officers. This day is a day that lives in infamy and one of the greatest days of our lives.

tumblr_nn6a5uVRDY1r9a32bo1_400.gif

Butts

Darren DregerVerified account
‏@DarrenDreger
The return of Dale Weise to the Montreal Canadiens is a real possibility. Habs are a strong contender. Hoping to add more character.

HAHAHAHA more character. Oh Habs

zroid

Banned
what the fuck is Bergevin doing? He was having a really good run as a GM for a while there.

now he's gone full Nonis, overreacting to one bad season. (Nonis overreacted to one good season though)

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Man I'm glad we got rid of Cowen, he would've pulled the same shit with us to try to get his 4.5m(probably would've had a visit from Uncle Eugene and his hired muscle if he did), what a lazy ass bum.

Quick

Banned
I've been dropping hints all week at work to my superiors to close the office for the weekend or an extra day, but they didn't bite. Fridays are my days off, so I don't get an extra day off to make up for Canada Day. I asked my boss about getting any time off this weekend and apparently there's no requirement for them to make up for a holiday that falls under when the office is closed.

Wooooo.

It's not actually all that bad, I'll probably just watch out for any meltdowns that happens in the NHL this weekend.

Happy Canada Day everyone!

Fridays are my days off, so I don't get an extra day off to make up for Canada Day. I asked my boss about getting any time off this weekend and apparently there's no requirement for them to make up for a holiday that falls under when the office is closed.

Wooooo.

That doesn't sound right to me. I'll ask the wife - she's the lawyer, but I was always under the impression that you got a day in lieu if a stat holiday fell on a day you already had off.

Edit: at least in Ontario they're breaking the law.

imBask

Banned
I've been dropping hints all week at work to my superiors to close the office for the weekend or an extra day, but they didn't bite. Fridays are my days off, so I don't get an extra day off to make up for Canada Day. I asked my boss about getting any time off this weekend and apparently there's no requirement for them to make up for a holiday that falls under when the office is closed.

Wooooo.

It's not actually all that bad, I'll probably just watch out for any meltdowns that happens in the NHL this weekend.

Happy Canada Day everyone!

i'm not an expert but i'm fairly sure they're supposed to compensate you if you don't work on a holiday but you were available to (like if you have a variable schedule). I remember getting paid extra days because of that when I worked in a grocery store

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah unless you are under contract or part time, you should get paid for holidays.

@MHoffy68: 🍁🍁 Happy Canada Day!! 🍁🍁

This is a sign, he won't say its a happy day if he didn't agree to contract? Right guys right...??

Calamari41

41 > 38
i'm not an expert but i'm fairly sure they're supposed to compensate you if you don't work on a holiday but you were available to (like if you have a variable schedule). I remember getting paid extra days because of that when I worked in a grocery store

In the US at least, if a holiday falls on a normal day off (like if the 4th of July is on a Sunday), the company that is recognizing the holiday has to put the day off on a surrounding day. So using the Sunday 4th of July example, the day off would be on Monday the 5th. I'm pretty sure you can't deny some employees the recognized holiday day off just because their schedule normally has them off work on the day that it falls on in that particular year.

Regressive Canada strikes again.

In the US at least, if a holiday falls on a normal day off (like if the 4th of July is on a Sunday), the company that is recognizing the holiday has to put the day off on a surrounding day. So using the Sunday 4th of July example, the day off would be on Monday the 5th. I'm pretty sure you can't deny some employees the recognized holiday day off just because their schedule normally has them off work on the day that it falls on in that particular year.

Regressive Canada strikes again.

That is basically exactly how it works here, with a few exceptions. Contract employees, some part-time employees.

zroid

Banned
If Lucic ends up making $6M/yr that's actually not too bad. But I still think he's going to decline rapidly.

edit: what the fuck Habs. Okay...

PK donates 10 million to a children's hospital and has supposed character issues. Radulov punches his coach on video yet he's fine.

Hmmmm.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I may die of laughter if habs sign radulov after trading subban for supposed character issues

like trading a firecracker for a hand grenade

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How do you preach character for 5 years then sign Radulov?

Bergevin has obviously decided to go all in, it's a cup in 2 years or he's working at Burger King, and it's pretty obvious he despised PK at this point.

imBask

Banned
we trade PK because of an attitude problem
we sign Radulov 2 days later

Bergevin might be retarded, like not in a joke way i'm serious

MPW

radulov?

there goes any hope i had for today

way to ruin Canada Day for me

i won't be surprised if price asks to be traded at trade deadline or next summer

Top Bottom