• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Quick

Banned
Cake Boss's Inside man has did his job.

Dwight-Schrute-Shakes-Head-and-Rolls-Eyes.gif

yyzjohn

Banned
firstly... if number is $10 million for contract.... account for QO's not accepted yet... we'd blow past summer cap easy

then you have to factor in the part where moving multiple SHITTY overpaid players is difficult when so many teams are buying out players JUST to make room

we literally could not sign stamkos because of cowen's extra salary. impossible.

Well that's good then, Leafs don't need a $10M cap hit when we're rebuilding. I still don't believe Stamkos had any intent of signing here , he tried to bluff TB for more money and it didn't work. He wanted to stay in TB all along.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Look at the bright side... if this cheesedick succeeds in screwing us, at least we then gain almost a cool million in cap next year!

yyzjohn

Banned
Look at the bright side... if this cheesedick succeeds in screwing us, at least we then gain almost a cool million in cap next year!

That's what I mean, either he's injured for good and we get cap relief due to his injuries or he eventually is cleared to play and we buy him out. He's just being a suck at this point, kind of like how he plays heyyyyoooooooo

Quick

Banned
Street Fighter V deluxe on the Playstation Store is tempting for $66 (vs. $100).

But I always end up rounding back to realizing that I'm garbage at fighting games.

Hot Shots Golf on Vita for under $5 is sweet though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
1) On Jared Cowen, hearing NHL & NHLPA began an arbitration case yesterday to determine whether or not TOR can buy him out...

2) There is still more to be done, so a decision is not expected in immediate future. No one (NHL, NHLPA, team or agent) is talking...

3) but, word is Cowen had surgery after he left TOR on a doctor's recommendation. Prior to that, he had been cleared to play in AHL...

4) So the dispute surrounds whether or not he was healthy. Apparently, that's for the arbitrator to decide. (Fini)

Yawnier

Banned
Urghhhhhhhh Cowen.

The only silver lining I can think of is this partly prevents them from signing a dumb contract tomorrow, like Kris Russell

yyzjohn

Banned
Urghhhhhhhh Cowen.

The only silver lining I can think of is this partly prevents them from signing a dumb contract tomorrow, like Kris Russell

Sometimes good luck smiles on a team. If there's any sort of pressure from ownership to suddenly "speed up" the rebuild, this Cowen shit can put a break on any bad contracts.

Not really sure what's going on with the Cowen stuff. Some kind of technicality that's preventing his buy-out? Sounds like more of an annoyance than a big issue. Worst case he can't be bought out and he rides the bench or plays in the AHL for another year? Meh.

If the Leafs sign Russell though I'll be perplexed. That's a move that seems to go against their M.O.

Also Justin Fisher is a really entertaining follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thejustinfisher/status/748684145220464640

The number of people who take his obvious trolls seriously is hilarious.

Syrinx

What's the deal with how this Wisniewski buyout is structured? 3.5 mil this year and 1 mil next year? Is this because of his injury or his NMC or what?

zroid

Banned
Free agency day is supposed to be fun! These damned NHL GMs have ruined it by routinely going out and paying players like Kris Russell. I'm going to be anxious until he's officially signed in Edmonton.

Top Bottom