• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Antti Raanta wants to re-sign with the Rangers. No surprise there. Being Henrik Lundqvist's understudy under Benoit Allaire is just about the best gig in the NHL for a backup goaltender who knows he's not quite ready yet to be a full time starter.

Derick Brassard also mentioned being excited about seeing what Pavel Buchnevich can do. So I guess the folks within the organization are just as antsy to bring him over as most of the fans are.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 2m 2 minutes ago
"I love this city. I love this organization." #NYR Rick Nash
Translation: "Please don't send me to Winnipeg or something."

And from the "no shit" file:
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 1m 1 minute ago
"I've got nothing but positive things to say about this organization...I don't think they saw the best that I can be." - #NYR Eric Staal

Not Ekblad?

Ekblad is only in his 2nd year and Guds has been getting all of the future captain talk, he's the dude doing all the high fives after the period etc etc.

Gudbranson? That surprises me a little bit.

I didn't think some of you panthers fans were too high on him tbh.

He's had a good year, not going to put up points and stuff but he is the top shutdown guy. Worth the 3OA? No, but he is very valuable to the team.

zroid

Banned
with hawks, kings, bruins and wings all out, the only recent ish cup winner left is Pittsburgh

what a world

if the ducks bow out too then we'll be in really good shape

LOL I'm reading a Edmonton Journal Article that Hall and Klefbom would get Subban.
Klefbom isn't even a good Defenceman.

Come the fuck on Edmonton Writers.

You know it would take more than that

Parch

I hope the Oilers don't win the lottery just so we don't have to put up with all the incessant whining about it.

Oil should probably trade down a few spots and get one of those defenceman. This doesn't seem like a great draft this year. I'm keeping expectations low.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
"Someone pls sign me"
Pretty much:
Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN 39m 39 minutes ago
Eric Staal says he's "not making any excuses" but says he needs to be a guy who's counted on, clearly didn't end up in role he envisioned
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 39m 39 minutes ago
Eric Staal believes he can be a productive player for a number of years. Doesn’t have to be The Guy for a team but looking for larger role.
Clearly didn't expect to spend most of his time as third line left wing. He didn't fit anywhere else, though, and the only line he really clicked on (with Lindberg and Stalberg), AV quickly broke up after Nash returned and Stalberg proved himself most effective on the 4th line.

Eric Staal was sort of a midlife crisis kind of pick up. A luxury item to prove "we still got it!" that didn't actually address any of the real problems going on around us.

I hope the Oilers don't win the lottery just so we don't have to put up with all the incessant whining about it.

Oil should probably trade down a few spots and get one of those defenceman. This doesn't seem like a great draft this year. I'm keeping expectations low.

I think Mikhail Sergachev or Chychrun would be a good fit for Edmonton

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wonder what KingHenrik is up to these days, would have been a good season for him to bitch about the team not being able to get anywhere in the post season

Oh yeah the Hawks had Ehrhoff.

According to capfriendly.com, they have $7M in cap space.

Shaw will be their next Bickell. Or Kruger.

No 1st or 2nd rounder this year but anyone they draft now will be ready when Kane and Toews are in their mid-30's, so I don't think it's a big deal.

Agree with Marvie that they do need one more top-4 defenceman (doesn't everyone). A top-6 forward to play with Toews would be good, too. Hossa is an expensive third-liner now.

Forgot to look at the Kings.

Their picks this year are in the 2nd, 4th, and 7th round, but they have all their 2017 and 2018 picks.

Gaborik fell off a cliff this year. He's 34 and signed for 5 more years at $4.875M.

Toffoli is an RFA next year and will get a huge raise.

Please re-sign Lucic.

Versteeg is a UFA. He can go back to Chicago.

About $8.6M in cap space. If Lecavalier retires they'll save about $2.5M.

Curufinwe

Oh yeah the Hawks had Ehrhoff.

According to capfriendly.com, they have $7M in cap space.

Shaw will be their next Bickell. Or Kruger.

No 1st or 2nd rounder this year but anyone they draft now will be ready when Kane and Toews are in their mid-30's, so I don't think it's a big deal.

Agree with Marvie that they do need one more top-4 defenceman (doesn't everyone). A top-6 forward to play with Toews would be good, too. Hossa is an expensive third-liner now.

I think they will trade Shaw and Bickell, possibly as a package.

Cg-zsZ9WUAAh_TU.jpg

It's Barkov time

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Listened to a part of Ken Holland's presser from yesterday for the lul. That guy is so rattled and defensive right now.
I'm not sure if it was posted here, but I saw this while at work and legitimately laughed out loud

"I'm not into a rebuild. They take 8-10 years and that's if you want to tank it." - Ken Holland on Red Wings future.

He's so out to lunch

Quick

Banned
After yesterday's brief Mass Effect talk here, I actually decided to resume my save for ME1 on PS3. I was right at the beginning at Eden Prime, so it wasn't like I forgot/missed much.

It's looking (and feeling) really dated now. Controls are cumbersome and annoying, and it suffers from texture pop-ins constantly. I'll see about trying to finish it, or just jumping onto ME2.

I wish I had actually made a custom Shep instead of using the default one.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
After yesterday's brief Mass Effect talk here, I actually decided to resume my save for ME1 on PS3. I was right at the beginning at Eden Prime, so it wasn't like I forgot/missed much.

It's looking (and feeling) really dated now. Controls are cumbersome and annoying, and it suffers from texture pop-ins constantly. I'll see about trying to finish it, or just jumping onto ME2.

I wish I had actually made a custom Shep instead of using the default one.

Yeah, I never did a default Shep.

I played through ME1 three times (twice with male Shep, and once with female Shep) and ME2 twice. Loved those games. Wish 3 wasn't a let down....maybe since it has been a dew years I would enjoy it more?

ME1 is incredibly dated now. I've tried twice to run through the series again but start and stop at 1. Damn shame.

I find it easy as I played a lot, not hard for me to put on the nostalgia goggles. It helps that I also play on PC now with texture mods, though nothing will fix the dated combat.

Top Bottom