• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

I'm fairly certain the change is that it makes your entire mag do bonus damage instead of just a few bullets if you reload before your mag is out, as well as not being able to activate active reload as often. I haven't played the game, I've just seen footage.

Oh ok now that you say that I'm pretty sure that's right. Good call.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. Never thought the Hawks would get bounced in be first round. Kudos to the Blues for defeating the Cup champs.

I only watched the last game, but it seemed like the Hawks might've caught their second wind and come back to take the series. I guess it's tough to repeat when you've played so many extra games in the preseason.

Still, I like that the chances for a new Cup champ have increased and I'd like the Caps to take it or the Sharks. Nashville is still possible and it might help the franchise as well.

Marvie_3

Banned
ZHdwlBO.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
Hawks offseason:

Fire Quenneville.

That won't happen so fire whichever of Q's fuckbuddies was in charge of the PK this year. Horrific job all around.

DO NOT FUCKING RE-SIGN MICHAL FUCKING ROZSIVAL. He's been shit for 3 fucking years and if Quenneville has to still be here, then don't give him the bullets to shoot his own team in the foot with. It's painfully fucking obvious he's going to play guys that shouldn't be playing. Don't give him those fucking players.

Get rid of Bickell's cap hit. Sucker the Leafs into it or something.

Get rid of Kruger. He's a dogshit player that isn't worth that stupid contract they just gave him. For a team with cap problems, they can't afford to pay $3M+ to someone who doesn't do anything well. You can find a 4th line center that can do nothing like Kruger for a lot cheaper. Shit, you can find a lot better 4th line center for cheaper. If anyone offers you a week old piece of cat shit for him, take it and run.

Get rid of Desjardins. Don't care that he took a discount to stay in Chicago. He doesn't do anything. Give the kids a chance to play in his place.

Let Shaw walk unless he's willing to take a MASSIVE discount. The ok number of points he puts up isn't worth his cap hit and the stupid ass penalties he takes. Hartman can replace him for a lot cheaper.

Get Seabrook's fat ass on a treadmill or start looking at dealing him. Holy fuck was he slow all year. He had his best year offensively but he was a dumpster fire defensively. Slow to get to puck, lost board battles all over, out of position, etc. He was never fast but he had the wheels to make simple plays when he needed to. If he can't regain a little speed, then he's going to become a very expensive Rozsival in the near future. He still has a lot of value so it wouldn't hurt to put some feelers out there to see what kind of return you might get.

Let Fleischmann and Weise walk. I liked what I saw from both but Fleischmann ran out of gas in no time. Weise could stick around I guess but he'd have to take a super cheap deal and I doubt he does that. The goals he scored in Montreal will probably get him a decent deal from someone else.

Ladd will walk because there's no way the Hawks can afford him. I liked what he brought to the Hawks again but he's a luxury the Hawks can't afford. Q wasn't ever going to play Dano and a 1st rounder in the 20's was worth the gamble.

Drop Hossa off the top line. He's still incredible defensively, but his offensive production has dropped off a cliff and is a big part of the reason Toews' numbers were down so much this year. Get him down to the 3rd line where he can get some easier minutes and maybe his production will tick up a bit. He'll still be able to contribute defensively and on the PK.

Re-sign Panik. He started slow but as he got more comfortable, he fit in well. He looked great playing with Toews so he could be a good, cheap option at LW.

Get Panarin re-signed. Won't be cheap but he and Kane are lethal together. Hopefully the fact that he doesn't do much without Kane will lower his price a little, but I doubt it.

Get Teuvo re-signed and get him in a god damn weight room. He needs to put on some muscle. He needs the strength to be able to do what his brain wants him to do. He simply can't make certain plays because he gets knocked around way too easily. Should be able to get him signed on a cheap bridge deal, because he wasn't that good this year.

I liked what I saw from TVR and Gustafsson this year, outside of Gustafsson Campoli'ing it up in game 7. They both had some growing pains but they both have a lot of potential. If the Hawks can find a decently priced #4, those two, along with Pokka can all fight for the 5/6 spots.

Look for other options at 3C/4C. Teuvo has a lot to work on if he's going to work long term as 3C. Dropping Hossa to the 3rd line and putting Teuvo up with Toews could work well.
Make sure Kane doesn't do any stupid shit.

What about Fort Collins? I went there once.

Ft. Collins is just kind of lame, there's not much going for it. Bunch of micro breweries, that's about it. I lived close to there too, Loveland, which is also boring. But Pueblo West is ugly, it's a desert with nothing to do.

imBask

Banned
I think it's safe to assume Toews is done, he can't compete anymore

look we'll do you a favor and take him, but you owe us one

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Some early notes from NYR breakup day:

• Dan Girardi had suffered a concussion late in the season on a hit from Brian Boyle (this was assumed to probably be the case, but there it is confirmed). He had been medically cleared before the playoffs, but symptoms began to return during Game 1, hence why he was unavailable the rest of the way.
  • Dan Boyle cursed out a few particularly critical reporters (I think Brooks was one of them) and refused to start his interview for everyone else until they left. Amazing.
  • Dan Boyle isn't completely committed to retiring just yet but is "leaning that way." Says he feels fine physically and knows there are some teams out there interested in him, but he probably isn't mentally willing to go through another season again. Either way, it's clear his time with the Rangers is over.
  • Derick Brassard will play for Canada at the World Championship. So that's at least two Rangers (Skjei and Brass) going to Worlds.

Some early notes from NYR breakup day:

• Dan Girardi had suffered a concussion late in the season on a hit from Brian Boyle (this was assumed to probably be the case, but there it is confirmed). He had been medically cleared before the playoffs, but symptoms began to return during Game 1, hence why he was unavailable the rest of the way.
  • Dan Boyle cursed out a few particularly critical reporters (I think Brooks was one of them) and refused to start his interview for everyone else until they left. Amazing.
  • Dan Boyle isn't completely committed to retiring just yet but is "leaning that way." Says he feels fine physically and knows there are some teams out there interested in him, but he probably isn't mentally willing to go through another season again. Either way, it's clear his time with the Rangers is over.
  • Derick Brassard will play for Canada at the World Championship.

One of the Reporters was Larry Brooks that Boyle Bitched out. Torts somewhere is smiling.

Top Bottom