• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

From the exit meeting today Ekblad on headshots:

Cg-5MzwXEAApUE5.jpg

Ekblad sounds like a pretty swell guy. Completely agree with him.

Hmm
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=10671

Why would we be looking at a 26 year old goalie? AHL or ECHL? Hmmmm maybe someone's getting traded in the summer

Backstrom came over to the US for the first time when he was 28 and became a starter instantly. He had the NHL's best save percentage his second year, and won the Jennings trophy for fewest goals allowed. Some of those Finnish goaltenders just take a bit to get going. Your guy might be a quality player to back up Price. Can't be worse than who you've got.

You know who was a true juggernaut in the music scene that I really miss?

Shania fucking Twain.

She was dope as hell. She was my first concert and I barely remember it and it's such a bummer.

Agree with me, Canadians.

Quick

Banned
I'm feeling a bit off right now. Either I'm getting a mild (?) fever because it's a side effect of my tetanus shot (according to WebMD), I caught something while I was at the hospital, I caught something at work, or it's coincidental.

Hoping it isn't serious and is gone by tomorrow morning.

I'm feeling a bit off right now. Either I'm getting a mild (?) fever because it's a side effect of my tetanus shot (according to WebMD), I caught something while I was at the hospital, I caught something at work, or it's coincidental.

Hoping it isn't serious and is gone by tomorrow morning.

I am surprised WebMD didn't say you had cancer or that death is imminent

eyeless

uh... yeah

http://abload.de/img/mitchellwvsct.gif/IMG]

#19 is Strome btw...[/QUOTE]strome is mitch's son now

twice as many bad penalty minutes as points this series, da boy shook

trying to figure out what mitch even did here, looks like he goes behind the back thru the legs i think
[IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/NkyvJpyMLIXv2/giphy.gif
either way he's gone super saiyan, i didn't predict the series would go this way, figured if the knights were gonna win it'd go to game 7 at least

edit; o btw his current 2.69 is highest all time ppg in the ohl playoffs for 10+ gp

Socreges

Banned
2 years, 900k cap hit. At worst, he's a fourth-liner. At best, he turns into a middle-six forward. I think it's a low-risk move.
Well, I'm not talking about the contract, I'm talking about the trade. The contract is fine. I'm not convinced that the trade wasn't terrible and done for the wrong reasons.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Following up on some other things I didn't mention earlier today from the Rangers pity party:

• AV wouldn't commit to whether his assistant coaches will be returning or not. I'm guessing there will likely be a change or two with the staff.
  • When asked if Kevin Hayes was going to be a significant part of the future of the franchise, AV without hesitation said "Yes, with a doubt." It sounds like Kevin Hayes has been given marching orders on how to approach his training and preparation this offseason, which would imply they expect to see him back at training camp. That was pretty much the only definitive statement he made about any player.
  • The organization is going to take 7-10 days off before thinking about how to move forward in order to calm down and avoid "drastic" decisions at this point.
  • Keith Yandle made if pretty clear that he would like to return if possible and had nothing but glowing things to say about the Rangers and the organization, and he also mentioned that he sees himself playing here in the future. That said, he's also curious about what the market might have to offer. Right now I'd put the odds of his returning at about 50%.
  • Eric Staal, meanwhile, is clearly upset both with his own level of play and how he was deployed. He wants to have a larger role for whoever he plays for next year and wants to be counted on (the implication there being that AV never showed him the level of trust he'd really want). While he left the doors open for both Carolina and the Rangers going forward, when asked about the Rangers going forward, he said "they’re going to be competitive again next year for sure." Note that lack of a "we." He's gone for sure.
  • Viktor Stalberg, on the other hand, very much wants to stay, much like Antti Raanta. For him, this year was also about proving that he could fit in and belong on the NHL level, and he did a pretty solid job of that on the 4th line, which was far and away the most consistent line down the stretch this season, for better or for worse. That said, his contract is already at $1.1m this year, so if he's looking for much more than that to play the role he's proven himself in, we may have to try other options.
  • Stalberg also mentioned that Kris Letang apologized to him in the handshake line.
  • Ryan McDonagh's broken metatarsal in his right hand does not require surgery and will be back to more or less 100% in a few weeks.
  • Captain McDonagh, to the point: "In other years you might say we deserved better, but this year it's tough to think like that."
  • In addition to Brady Skjei joining Team USA and Derick Brassard joining Team Canada, Mats Zuccarello will be joining Team Norway for the World Championships, to nobody's surprise.

Yawnier

Banned
strome is mitch's son now

twice as many bad penalty minutes as points this series, da boy shook

trying to figure out what mitch even did here, looks like he goes behind the back thru the legs i think
giphy.gif

either way he's gone super saiyan, i didn't predict the series would go this way, figured if the knights were gonna win it'd go to game 7 at least

edit; o btw his current 2.69 is highest all time ppg in the ohl playoffs for 10+ gp

Lawd I love Marner

Put him on the Nylander line next season pls.

Stasis

Following up on some other things I didn't mention earlier today from the Rangers pity party:

• AV wouldn't commit to whether his assistant coaches will be returning or not. I'm guessing there will likely be a change or two with the staff.
  • When asked if Kevin Hayes was going to be a significant part of the future of the franchise, AV without hesitation said "Yes, with a doubt." It sounds like Kevin Hayes has been given marching orders on how to approach his training and preparation this offseason, which would imply they expect to see him back at training camp. That was pretty much the only definitive statement he made about any player.
  • The organization is going to take 7-10 days off before thinking about how to move forward in order to calm down and avoid "drastic" decisions at this point.
  • Keith Yandle made if pretty clear that he would like to return if possible and had nothing but glowing things to say about the Rangers and the organization, and he also mentioned that he sees himself playing here in the future. That said, he's also curious about what the market might have to offer. Right now I'd put the odds of his returning at about 50%.
  • Eric Staal, meanwhile, is clearly upset both with his own level of play and how he was deployed. He wants to have a larger role for whoever he plays for next year and wants to be counted on (the implication there being that AV never showed him the level of trust he'd really want). While he left the doors open for both Carolina and the Rangers going forward, when asked about the Rangers going forward, he said "they’re going to be competitive again next year for sure." Note that lack of a "we." He's gone for sure.
  • Viktor Stalberg, on the other hand, very much wants to stay, much like Antti Raanta. For him, this year was also about proving that he could fit in and belong on the NHL level, and he did a pretty solid job of that on the 4th line, which was far and away the most consistent line down the stretch this season, for better or for worse. That said, his contract is already at $1.1m this year, so if he's looking for much more than that to play the role he's proven himself in, we may have to try other options.
  • Stalberg also mentioned that Kris Letang apologized to him in the handshake line.
  • Ryan McDonagh's broken metatarsal in his right hand does not require surgery and will be back to more or less 100% in a few weeks.
  • Captain McDonagh, to the point: "In other years you might say we deserved better, but this year it's tough to think like that."
  • In addition to Brady Skjei joining Team USA and Derick Brassard joining Team Canada, Mats Zuccarello will be joining Team Norway for the World Championships, to nobody's surprise.

Thanks for the summary. Been a busy few days for me. Really looking forward to seeing what we do this off-season. Could be a ton of change. Hopefully good.

Top Bottom