• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Yawnier

Banned
FIazarK.jpg
Ahahahahahaha

zroid

Banned
Every time I see the 4-10 picks keep shuffling around in the rankings just makes me more and more certain that we should trade down if we get the 4th pick

there is absolutely no security there at all

eyeless

i don't have any anticipation or excitement for the lottery, don't even think about it unless someone mentions it in here or w/e, cause we're not going to win

14 teams why would it be us, never been lucky before

the way i know we won't win is it would be too good a thing to happen, it would be so beneficial to our team

matthews/marner or nylander/laine are too good to be true, it would be so perfect that it is dumb to think 'rebuilding' could actually be that easy

just prepared to kind of have a blank expression and move on with my life as vancouver gets matthews and the oilers get laine
van is my pick for 1st overall altho you can never bet against the oilers dynasty

Quick

Banned
i'm at work and I don't have time to photoshop, U DO IT

yes I have time to post

don't question my methods

I'm also at work and I don't have Photoshop on my computer. :(

Work has been a bit slow lately. I have a daily report to submit, but I got that done already (there's nothing new to report lol). I just need to send it before I leave for today.

I also got a free ticket to see Keanu tomorrow. If you sign up and complete a profile on the Atom movies app for iOS and Android, they offer one to you. I wish I could use it for Civil War instead, but it didn't make it available for me (I think).

I want Wild to get Jost or Keller. Preferably Jost so I can actually watch him next year here when he plays for the Sioux.

Brown or McLeod wouldn't be a terrible consolation prize I suppose. I hope Wild don't go for the token Minnesotan and get Tufte. I just don't think he's very good.

Parch

Bobby Mac's final draft rankings for the top 15 are out
So the lottery winners will get one of the concensus top 3, but there is no sure thing superstar first overall. After the top 3 it's a crap shoot.
It's one of those drafts where we'll have to wait a few years to see who develops into NHL worthy talent. Right now, no guarantees.

It wouldn't surprise me if we see some trading down and teams willing to make deals when they've got a favorite they really want. The GMs on the draft floor could be hustling when they're on the clock.

Quick

Banned
Was there anything Marner needed to work on that's improved since being drafted? Size or skating ability maybe?

I remember Naz always getting questioned about bulking up and building strength since getting drafted.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If the Leafs don't get number 1 I give my blessing to Vancouver.

Only because Soc has been so entertaining the last month+

zroid

Banned
Was there anything Marner needed to work on that's improved since being drafted? Size or skating ability maybe?

I remember Naz always getting questioned about bulking up and building strength since getting drafted.

His skating may be his second best asset after his creativity. Not speed, but edgework and acceleration. I think strength was and still is the biggest concern.

zroid

Banned
I may be in the minority among Leaf fans but I have no salt toward most of the Canadian teams. If Canucks win Matthews then good for them.

The only Canadian team that I really hate is Edmonton. I don't hate the Habs, I'm just jealous of their top players. I like the Sens, which is probably heresy in Toronto but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Quick

Banned
I may be in the minority among Leaf fans but I have no salt toward most of the Canadian teams. If Canucks win Matthews then good for them.

The only Canadian team that I really hate is Edmonton. I don't hate the Habs, I'm just jealous of their top players. I like the Sens, which is probably heresy in Toronto but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

This is why you're Zroid Maclean.

Cake Boss

Banned

0Im94x9.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Would LeafsGAF be angry if Montreal won the Draft Lottery?
I don't like the fact you guys are in our division if you win but that's a hockey reason for me. Edmonton on the other hand can go fuck itself; I hate the fucking team and the fucking city after I grew up there. Used to be a big fan during the CuJo era and I was even happy for them when they got to the Cup final, but now? The entire org can go to hell.

The only Canadian team that I really hate is Edmonton. I don't hate the Habs, I'm just jealous of their top players. I like the Sens, which is probably heresy in Toronto but ¯_(ツ)_/¯.
I don't think I know a lot of Leafs fans that "hate" the Sens. It seems more of a one way street of Sens peeps comparing the team to the Leafs and hating on them all the time. I think Karlsson is the best D in the league right now, they got some underrated players, and Murray, despite old Cakey giving him the stink eye, has done extremely well with the resources he has.

Quick

Banned
I think the Battle of Ontario is dead right now. Leafs are shit, Sens are hovering on mediocrity. When both teams get better, I can see the rivalry get back on track.

Socreges

Banned
If the Leafs don't get number 1 I give my blessing to Vancouver.

Only because Soc has been so entertaining the last month+

After all the barbs I've tossed at Leafs fans, after all the times I've whispered to myself I'd rather have my dick lopped off than see the Leafs win the lottery..... you two go ahead and say such wonderful things.

Fuck the Leafs. I wish only misery upon you

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Has it been only 2 years...? I guess it's hard to take into account the first year since he left it all alone and observed. I wonder how we'd look now though if he had two off seasons to work the entire org over. That would mean no Babcock though and possibly no Lou.

Still not sure of what to think of the new Panthers logo. I like parts about it, but the stripes are a bit bright.

As for round 2 (so far):

Isles
Blues
Caps
Ducks or Preds

I'd like to see Dallas make it to the final, though.

EDIT: I'd be pissed if Montreal won. I'll be made if any non-Leafs team wins it, especially Edmonton, Montreal, Ottawa or Vancouver.

Parch

Canadian loyalty has changed with the times. Even a couple of generations after the original six it was still Toronto or Montreal. Those colors never mixed. Now that's starting to wear off as the times change.

This year it's even more emphasized where there isn't any Canadian team in the playoffs. Even if there was just one, Canada would have watched that one even if it was a love to hate situation. No Canadian franchise in the playoffs and Canada's TV ratings crash. As distant as you might feel towards a rival, Canada really needs it's hockey no matter the colors.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Nope. It sucks for us but I wouldn't be angry. I wouldn't really be upset if any Canadian team won. Except for Edmonton. Edmonton can go fuck themselves.
Yes...YESSSSS...!!!
Still not sure of what to think of the new Panthers logo. I like parts about it, but the stripes are a bit bright.

As for round 2 (so far):

Isles
Blues
Caps
Ducks or Preds

I'd like to see Dallas make it to the final, though.

EDIT: I'd be pissed if Montreal won. I'll be made if any non-Leafs team wins it, especially Edmonton, Montreal, Ottawa or Vancouver.
I guess I'd be a lot more ok if another Canadian team, besides Edmonton, won and we got 2nd.

Top Bottom