• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Parch

Oilers win first overall and I'm not convinced they'd take Matthews. Laine would be the better fit. They end up 4th and I bet they take a D-man.

If the Oilers win it, what would the Leafs give up to swap picks? The more I look at it, the more I'm convinced the Oilers will be taking trade calls no matter if it's first or fourth.

trifelife

After all the barbs I've tossed at Leafs fans, after all the times I've whispered to myself I'd rather have my dick lopped off than see the Leafs win the lottery..... you two go ahead and say such wonderful things.

Fuck the Leafs. I wish only misery upon you

😅😅😅

Thank you, Soc

Hey Meta. Saw on hfboards :)lol I know) that Rangers might need D help if Yandle walks.

Wild need a center. What about a Brodin for Stepan trade straight up? Would that address needs going into next year?

zroid

Banned
only thing I'm really worried about re: Jays at this point is the bullpen. Cecil and Storen really have to figure it out. Starters have all been surprisingly good and are pitching a ton of innings. Very promising. (Dickey aside ofc, but he always sucks in April)

The fuck is up with the Blue Jays this year?

David Price was the key to everything.

I really don't think these Jays are going to even make the playoffs this year. They look like hot shit. We need to get rid of Thole that's for sure.I don't expect our New GM to do any significant moves on Trade Deadline day.

Cecil tends to be awful in April too. I think the bullpen, and Dickey, figure it out.

It does seem a bit concerting that there was no discernible replacement plan for Colabello. Or maybe that's what Devon Travis is?

zroid

Banned
Cecil tends to be awful in April too. I think the bullpen, and Dickey, figure it out.

It does seem a bit concerting that there was no discernible replacement plan for Colabello. Or maybe that's what Devon Travis is?

Colabello suspension was fortunate since having three 1B/DHs on your roster is not ideal

I think Dominguez was called up primarily because of Donaldson's injury. That and he was raking in AAA apparently. I see Andy Burns as a more permanent bench infielder down the stretch (unless Travis comes back that is).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bring back Staal of course.

I thought Buchnevich was a center? Isn't he coming over this year?

Buchnevich is primarily a LW.

Rangers center depth will be slightly thinner than it was this season if we let Dominic Moore go (which I'm pretty sure we will) and Eric Staal walks (which he absolutely will). That will leave us Stepan and Brassard as 1A and 1B, along with Kevin Hayes and Oscar Lindberg as 3 and 4, and Lindberg spent most of this season on the wing. And really nothing else after that remains on the depth chart (literally only Adam Tambellini and Chris Brown remaining under contract currently). Boo Nieves and Steven Fogarty enter the organization on ELCs come training camp, and they'll be the top young talents in Hartford at that position most likely.

So basically even if we keep Brass, Step, Hayes, and Lindberg--which is a huge IF--we'll almost certainly be on the market for a real 4th line center as well as extra depth.

As for the defense, let's assume for a second that we can't get rid of Staal or Girardi and we fail to re-sign Yandle. That leaves us:

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Klein
Skjei-McIlrath

So we do theoretically have 6 D already pretty much no matter how you slice it. But I'm sure we're going to be on the hunt for reinforcements on the blue line. There isn't much waiting in the wings on defense after Brady Skjei (maybe Ryan Graves?), and I'm sure even if we have to keep Girardi we'll be looking to move him to a role where we don't have to depend on him as much as we have in the past, say the bottom pairing or even as 7D. So yes, there will be some need for a defenseman.

And all of this, of course, assumes we don't REALLY try to rock the boat and trade away some surprising core pieces like McDonagh (the Post has already floated the idea of trading McDonagh, and all their suggestions were stupid). I'm really not sure where the organization is going to be making moves this year, and I think it may be our most unpredictable offseason in quite a while.

I expect us to be unusually busy on draft day.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Welcome Ducks-Gaf

z1kD3ds.gif

Shame it ended that way

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ducks have to fire Boudreau after this one, right? I mean, how many more times do you have to go through the same thing to deduce that he's not going to be able to get you over the hump?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ducks have to fire Boudreau after this one, right? I mean, how many more times do you have to go through the same thing to deduce that he's not going to be able to get you over the hump?
Who do they hire though? There doesn't seem to be a lot of good candidates out there at the moment. Boucher being behind the Ducks bench could be pretty cool.

Marvie_3

Banned
Who do they hire though? There doesn't seem to be a lot of good candidates out there at the moment. Boucher being behind the Ducks bench could be pretty cool.

They can hire Hawks assistant Mike Kitchen. Then Chicago can bring in a piece of tree bark that can run a PK better than he can.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The Jays still have time. The AL east isn't exactly lighting it up. I hope the bats can turn it around....too many strikeouts

eyeless

does the ducks losing potentially make the pens pick better

what is it looking like right now

where is that long ass zroid post

Top Bottom