• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

TSN has Tkachuk, Dubois, Nylander, and Juolevi as 4-7.

Getting the top-ranked D in the draft at #6 wouldn't be too bad, but I feel like the Canucks would trade down a couple spots if they don't get a top 3 pick. They could still draft someone pretty good in the top 10.

Foggy

I'd be curious what teams would trade up, but outside of the top 3, I don't think many teams would be willing to overpay for the 4-6 forwards or 7-9 defensemen. I'd also love to know how much Jarmo would have to pay to get both Fins if Columbus gets the Laine pick.

zroid

Banned
I'd be curious what teams would trade up, but outside of the top 3, I don't think many teams would be willing to overpay for the 4-6 forwards or 7-9 defensemen. I'd also love to know how much Jarmo would have to pay to get both Fins if Columbus gets the Laine pick.
Yeah trading down from 4-6 is a nice idea but you still need to find a trade partner. I'm just hoping someone in that 7-11 range really really likes Chychrun or Tkachuk or whoever.

Silexx

If melynk loses the bid I will cheer for the Leafs to get the lottery pick this weekend.

Just remember that no matter what is announced, nothing is final. Lots of things could potentially happen either way.

Edit: Oh Jesus Christ, they're going to drag this out with a history lesson first.

Cake Boss

Banned
For fuck sakes, this is so Ottawa, talking about Canadian history.

You're history is shit, there is nothing exciting or interesting about it. Move the fuck on.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/the..._campaign=the-nhl-local-tv-announcer-rankings

via r/hockey.

Each team's local broadcasters ranked.

Kings are best, Pens are worst.

Full list:

1. Los Angeles Kings
  2. Chicago Blackhawks
  3. Dallas Stars
  4. St.Louis Blues
  5. Carolina Hurricanes
  6. Ottawa Senators
  7. San Jose Sharks
  8. New York Rangers
  9. Detroit Red Wings
  10. Buffalo Sabres
  11. New York Islanders
  12. Tampa Bay Lightning
  13. Calgary Flames
  14. Vancouver Canucks
  15. Washington Capitals
  16. Philadelphia Flyers
  17. Edmonton Oilers
  18. Winnipeg Jets
  19. Anaheim Ducks
  20. Arizona Coyotes
  21. Montreal Canadiens
  22. New Jersey Devils
  23. Florida Panthers
  24. Columbus Blue Jackets
  25. Toronto Maple Leafs
  26. Nashville Predators
  27. Minnesota Wild
  28. Colorado Avalanche
  29. Boston Bruins (Jack Edwards, enough said)
  30. Pittsburgh Penguins (no explanation necessary).

zroid

Banned
I hate the Leafs crew, although it's a bit better when we get Romanuk/Johnson as opposed to Romanuk/Millen.

Not to mention that we have to sit through Healy pretty much every Saturday.

Those rankings ignored the TSN games though, which cover 50% of the regional games. Pretty sure Miller/Ferraro are easily top 3 in the league for local broadcasts.

They list Romanuk and Millen for the Leafs, but isn't that the national broadcast crew? I thought TSN held the local TV rights for the Leafs.

the local rights are split 50/50 between Rogers and TSN. Leafs also have more national games than any other team I believe, about 50% of their games are national.

Parch

I'd be curious what teams would trade up, but outside of the top 3, I don't think many teams would be willing to overpay for the 4-6 forwards or 7-9 defensemen.
Might as well just go ahead and draft the kid they fancy at 4-9. The interesting question would be which teams would be willing to trade 1-3 if they win one of those lottery picks.

For fuck sakes, this is so Ottawa, talking about Canadian history.

You're history is shit, there is nothing exciting or interesting about it. Move the fuck on.

This stream is the most stereotypical Ottawa thing Ottawa has ever done. 49 slide presentation about Lebreton flats history....Jesus Christ.

Silexx

This stream is the most stereotypical Ottawa thing Ottawa has ever done. 49 slide presentation about Lebreton flats history....Jesus Christ.

One interesting tidbit is that the evaluation committee said that they didn't think that there was any concern with the DCDLS proposal not having a primary tenant for their arena.

Quick

Banned
I'm watching Keanu later today. Really looking forward to it. Anyone else looking to catch this?

Keanu-1-1.jpg

It also means 1 more week until Captain America, so woooo.

Colton Orr is officially retiring. Strictly a face puncher for the Leafs but he always seemed like a good man.

Pretty sure he scored on Price once.

Silexx

Cake wanted the other group to win the bid so Melnyk couldn't build a new arena downtown Ottawa and might end up selling the team.

It's important to note that this decision was not a contract award. Melnyk's group still needs to successfully negotiate with the NCC about his proposal. If negotiations go nowhere, then the NCC simply turns around and goes with DCDLS instead.

Cake Boss

Banned
I bet he'd hate the new ownership as well.

They have money and as long as they dont interfer with hockey operations and pay the bills, I would like them.

I have a low standard of ownership of my favorite hockey team because 1 asshole.

Its Ottawa typical to go with the most boring proposal, they had a chance to do something new and unique but they just went with condos and an arena proposal.

It wouldn't surprise me if negotiations get stalled, if there is one one man on this planet that can fuck this up it will be Euge Meldick, over something stupid like they didn't pay for his morning coffee in one of the meetings and he couldn't afford it. He reminds me of the monorail builder character from the monorail episode in The Simpsons.

Oh I see. But Kernel seems to think Melnyk won't be cheap anymore....?

http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/01/27/melnyk-vows-better-team-if-sens-get-lebreton

A day after the Senators’ unveiled their bid for LeBreton Flats, owner Eugene Melnyk delivered an olive branch to fans, suggesting they’d see a stronger, more successful club if it moves downtown.

Speaking during an interview with Postmedia before attending Round 2 of the public consultation with representatives of the other group — Devcore Canderel DLS — Wednesday night, Melnyk indicated the revenue streams from a new arena could mean adding as much as $10 million to the payroll.

That’s a dollar figure that would allow the Senators to compete with the league’s big spenders.

Maybe it's BS but there's no guarantee the other guys would have bought the team much less built the arena anytime soon(if at all) it was an optional part of their proposal.

As much as Sens fans hate Melnyk, no one had a problem with him when he wasn't cheap.

Finally they may still go back to the other bidders if Melnyk can't come to an agreement with the city. I expect the financial stuff will be challenging for him.

zroid

Banned
what does the stat 'above expectations' entail

is this a dopey/lolanalytics stat?

expectation is a shot quality stat. the expected save % of a shot near the crease, for example, is lower than a shot taken from the perimeter.

so I guess it is a dopeystat lol

Top Bottom