• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
reading the Views from the 6 thread, now i'm worried
It's just very bloated and doesn't match any of the highs from his previous work. Still some good stuff there, but it feels bogged down with 20 tracks.

Dude needed to sit down with Rick Rubin for a couple of weeks.

Quick

Banned
Lol. Thats how I tape mine too. I dont tape the whole blade like he does though.

I taped my wood stick like this, I haven't done it to my composite one because it's coated with griptac.

It's such a waste of tape, but there's something weirdly satisfying taping my stick up like that.

Patrick Kane and a bunch of other players also do the same thing. It's also a feature in NHL 16 lol

Silexx

Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey

Friedman/Boudreau:"I could see Ottawa being really interested in Bruce, and him being interested in them." #Sens #NHLDucks

In all honesty, I really thought that Claude Julien was the only real choice (had he been available), but I certainly cannot scoff at the possibility of Boudreau either.

Cake Boss

Banned
In all honesty, I really thought that Claude Julien was the only real choice (had he been available), but I certainly cannot scoff at the possibility of Boudreau either.

BTnVPam.gif

Dream team will be Baedreau (head coach), Mike Yoyo (assistant coach), Le Guy Boucher (assistant coach).

Euge wallet am cry

Socreges

Banned
I find this all very difficult to accept. He's suddenly doubled his syllable count and gone weird. In the midst of strange, foreign names like Juolevi, Puljujarvi, Tkachuk, Dubois, Chychrun and Matthews (why not just one Matthew?), he was supposed to be different. Fuck this draft.

zroid

Banned
y7wbXey.png

I think the only Leaf with an NMC is Nathan Horton. Hopefully the rules will allow for a player to waive his NMC specifically for the expansion draft so his team doesn't have to put him on their protection list.

Parch

Laine on the rise so I wonder how many teams still have Matthews first overall.

Media and fan hype had Matthews on top for so long they got convinced he could be the next McDavid (as if), but now more and more people think it's 1 and 1a with no sure thing. Overhype leads to unrealistic expectations.

KingBroly

Banned
Sad, but can't say I'm surprised. His regular season record with the Ducks was like 204-108 or something insane like that.

Also, congrats on the new coach, Senators!

Calamari41

41 > 38
Sad, but can't say I'm surprised. His regular season record with the Ducks was like 204-108 or something insane like that.

He's basically the best coach we've ever had. Better than Carlyle even though he won a Cup, because let's be honest, I could have coached that lineup to a Cup victory.

Merguson

Banned
y7wbXey.png

I think the only Leaf with an NMC is Nathan Horton. Hopefully the rules will allow for a player to waive his NMC specifically for the expansion draft so his team doesn't have to put him on their protection list.

I'm not 100% certain about Horton.

Generalfanger and CapFriendly show a transition from a NMC to modified NTC for Horton.

NMC (2013-14 through 2016-17); Limited NTC (2017-18 through 2019-20); Source: Columbus Dispatch

I guess it depends on when the expansion draft and the clause transition take place. I haven't seen anyone saying the Leafs have to protect Horton though.

EDIT: Although I guess the Leafs could just ask him to waive it. It's not like it would affect him or anything. No one is taking him on.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ducks didn't have much choice with Boudreau. You can only end the season in the same manner so many times before you're forced to try something else.

Ottawa
Minnesota
Montreal???

Maybe Edmonton takes a stab at him.

Edmonton just went through a Coaching Change last year. Todd will be fine.

It's more likely Minnesota or Ottawa that get him. Maybe.......maybe Montreal.

This is your Chance Bergevin. Undo the mistake of not firing Therrien at the press conference.

Socreges

Banned
Laine on the rise so I wonder how many teams still have Matthews first overall.

Media and fan hype had Matthews on top for so long they got convinced he could be the next McDavid (as if), but now more and more people think it's 1 and 1a with no sure thing.
The hell are you talking about? That hasn't happened at all. Matthews has been consensus #1 because he was the better prospect. Not to mention that he's a center and Laine is a winger. It's only because of Laine's performance in the playoffs in recent weeks that we've seen a subtle shift.

Parch said:
Overhype leads to unrealistic expectations.
Again... what?

Man that's harsh. Team stumbles out of the gate, Boudreau turns it around to win the division, yet they lose Game 7 at home and he's out of a job.

Will see how the Capitals do this season but you have to wonder at some point whether it's the coach or the core players. 5 more years on Perry and Getzlaf's contracts.

Anaheim is in pretty good shape contract-wise so change is possible. No buyout candidates, though with a lot of young talent they will have trouble keeping them all when they hit free agency.

Top Bottom