• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Foggy

Game 7 goalie comparisons

EP61sdE.jpg

I fully expect Budro to land in the East. Sens seem like the best (or worst for Leafs fans) fit, but would Columbus punt Torts for that kind of upgrade?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ducks are stupid to let him go. I guess Ottawa will treat him better unless Minny gets him first.

It's too bad the Leafs couldn't get him though. If we didn't have Babcock, Boudreau is an excellent alternative, and he's a Leafs fan too.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ducks are stupid to let him go. I guess Ottawa will treat him better unless Minny gets him first.

It's too bad the Leafs couldn't get him though. If we didn't have Babcock, Boudreau is an excellent alternative, and he's a Leafs fan too.

Maybe he'll come and be an assistant coach.

It makes the most sense...am I right people?

:D :D :D

Foggy

I fully expect Budro to land in the East. Sens seem like the best (or worst for Leafs fans) fit, but would Columbus punt Torts for that kind of upgrade?

I'd rocket to the moon if that happened, but no way it happens. Torts is a John Davidson guy.

Feel bad for Habs. They gotta hope Julien really shits the bed next year.

Foggy

Expansion draft rules say NMC must be protected? Unless NMC magically turns into NTC like it does for Girardi, then the BJs are stuck with Clarkson for a goddamn eternity.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wild are getting him.

100%

plz
The only way I can see him heading there is if the money is higher than what Ottawa is going to offer. Sorry SNES fans, you know well that Melnyk isn't exactly...thrilled to spend money.

Expansion draft rules say NMC must be protected? Unless NMC magically turns into NTC like it does for Girardi, then the BJs are stuck with Clarkson for a goddamn eternity.
And you guys will have my eternal gratitude for taking him on. Hell, if the BJs get 1st overall, I'd be fine with that even if they're in the East.

Cake Boss

Banned
The only way I can see him heading there is if the money is higher than what Ottawa is going to offer. Sorry SNES fans, you know well that Melnyk isn't exactly...thrilled to spend money.

Were all just hoping that him winning the downtown arena bid yesterday could make him open up his wallet, and especially if Ducks hire from within and promote MacLean, that frees up some money.

Yawnier

Banned

You can thank Dave Nonis for giving him that atrocity of a contract. Full NMC, and it's buyout proof.

There was a bit of talk that the leafs could have bought out his contract last season before that trade, but the money against the cap for doing that would have gone all the way into the 2025-26 season.

Ducks' last 4 playoffs:

2013 - Red Wings. 1st Round. Up 3-2 in series w/ G5 win at home. Lost G6 & G7.

2014 - Kings. 2nd Round. Up 3-2 in series w/ G5 win at home. Proceed to lose G6 & G7.

2015 - Blackhawks. WC Finals. Up 3-2 in series w/ G5 win at home. Proceed to lose G6 & G7

2016 - Predators. 1st Round. Up 3-2 in series w/ G5 win at home. You know the drill.

Boudreau's coaching record:

2008 - Lose Game 7 to Flyers

2009 - Win Game 7 against Rangers, Lose Game 7 to Penguins

2010 - Lose Game 7 to Canadiens

2011 - Win 4-1 against Rangers, Lose 4-0 to Lightning

2012 - Fired, Ducks miss playoffs

KingBroly

Banned
Ducks' last 4 playoffs:

2014 - Kings. 2nd Round. Up 3-2 in series w/ G5 win at home. Proceed to lose G6 & G7.

2015 - Blackhawks. WC Finals. Up 3-2 in series w/ G5 win at home. Proceed to lose G6 & G7

2016 - Predators. 1st Round. Up 3-2 in series w/ G5 win at home. You know the drill.

Happened in 2010 too.

Cake Boss

Banned
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 22m22 minutes ago
The #Sens are expected to reach out to Bruce Boudreau for an interview now that he's been fired. Believe there is interest.

Ahhhh yisssss motherfuckin breadreau!

681 total games as head coach, 409-192-80 record, 41-40 career playoff record.

Boudreau was also hired 2 days after being fired. I don't expect him to remain unemployed for long.

Stolen from Reddit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...s-coach-bruce-boudreau-in-book-140853669.html

Damn Teemu is super salty towards future Ottawa Head Coach Boudreau there.

Damn. Teemu more salty than Mike Commodore vs Babcock.

Selanne on Boudreau and the Ducks:

“It would have been wrong if we had won the Stanley Cup with coach like that.”

“You are as good as you your coach wants you to be. If we had any other coach, I’d still be playing.”

zroid

Banned
Is Vancouver a possibility? I doubt they're married to Willie. Other than Snes, Flames and Avs might have the most to gain by hiring Bruce but feels like they are happy with their coaching situations.

Foggy

Foggy, at least Clarkson can pl-

nvm. It does suck.

There's the vaguest whispers that he'll go on LTIR with a persistent back injury (hey there Horton), but that stinks of wishful thinking. No way I think that happens, at least to the point of actually benefiting the team. Who cares about 1 year of cap relief before he comes back.

Crazy, the NMC contracts are Clarkson, Foligno, Hartnell, and Tyutin. 3 of 7 forward protected roster spots are forced to be Clarkson, Foligno, and Hartnell. That leaves 4 spots for Dubinsky, Saad, Wennberg, Cam Atkinson, Boone Jenner, William Karlsson, Matt Calvert, Kerby Rychel, maybe Bjorkstrand. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Edit: Dubinsky has NMC as well, but I'm sure they would have protected him anyway.

There's the vaguest whispers that he'll go on LTIR with a persistent back injury (hey there Horton), but that stinks of wishful thinking. No way I think that happens, at least to the point of actually benefiting the team. Who cares about 1 year of cap relief before he comes back.

Crazy, the NMC contracts are Clarkson, Foligno, Hartnell, and Tyutin. 3 of 7 forward protected roster spots are forced to be Clarkson, Foligno, and Hartnell. That leaves 4 spots for Dubinsky, Saad, Wennberg, Cam Atkinson, Boone Jenner, William Karlsson, Matt Calvert, Kerby Rychel, maybe Bjorkstrand. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I still feel Montreal will take a look at Rychel in the Summer.

The only way is if we hire some unknown who turns out to be a prodigy from out of nowhere
So Ducks will Hire Gordon Bombay

zroid

Banned

Edit: Dubinsky has NMC as well, but I'm sure they would have protected him anyway.
yikes :(

Line_HTX

Ducks' last 4 playoffs:

Damn, I can't believe I missed the 2014 series.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Ducks' last 4 playoffs:

Now let's post the playoff records over the last six years for every coach not named Quenneville or Sutter. For even the best coaches in the league, this chart would be filled with "didn't make the playoffs" or "eliminated in less than 7"

Let's be honest here. Melnyk won't spend much $$$, and Leipold is going to drop fat stacks to get the cup here in Minnesota. Big contracts to Parise, Suter, and Vanek in free agency are true testaments to that.

Ducks' last 4 playoffs:

Also IIRC the Ducks got blown out in G7 in 2015 and 2014

RC

Banned
Ducks' last 4 playoffs:

He's got all the makings of a future Canucks coach.

Foggy

Wow, looking through generalfanager, the only team that comes even remotely close to having multiple bad NMC's is probably Minny, but they're not close to as bad as Foligno, Dubinsky, Hartnell, Clarkson, Tyutin. Columbus is breathtakingly awful at this professional hockey thing. Unless they can move Hartnell, then one of Saad, Jenner, Wennberg, or Atkinson get exposed. Man.

Wow, looking through generalfanager, the only team that comes even remotely close to having multiple bad NMC's is probably Minny, but they're not close to as bad as Foligno, Dubinsky, Hartnell, Clarkson, Tyutin. Columbus is breathtakingly awful at this professional hockey thing. Unless they can move Hartnell, then one of Saad, Jenner, Wennberg, or Atkinson get exposed. Man.

Problem is lessened a bit because by the time the expansion draft happens, Vanek will be done with us. Either through the buyout this summer or because his contract expires after next year.

Still have Suter, Parise, Koivu, and Pominville but that isn't terrible.

Cake Boss

Banned
Now let's post the playoff records over the last six years for every coach not named Quenneville or Sutter. For even the best coaches in the league, this chart would be filled with "didn't make the playoffs" or "eliminated in less than 7"

Lol this. Post Babcock's record while your at it too since 2009.

Not to mention his goalies have been a joke in critical games.

Quenville wasn't considered a winner until 11 years into his career when he was gifted the Blackhawks team full of hall of famers.

Top Bottom