• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Well, the Wild are interviewing Carlyle...

SAaxYsU.gif

I'm sorry.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
wait, the draft lottery is TOMORROW?

oh god

I'm not ready for the Oilers winning yet

I need to mentally prepare to minimize the anger

Chris R

ECHL schedule came out for next season already.

When does the NHL's drop? Or do I need to wait for the playoffs to finish first?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
wait, the draft lottery is TOMORROW?

oh god

I'm not ready for the Oilers winning yet

I need to mentally prepare to minimize the anger
*barf*
Doughty is going to run away with the Norris, but at least Burns was nominated. Some justice.
Karlsson will win it without a doubt, and I wonder if it'll be one of those things where nobody else wins because one player is so freakin dominant. I'm certain Price would've won a bunch of the same awards again had he not gotten injured...and then rushed back to get injured again...
Carlyle?

Honestly. If we don't get Boudreau, Carlyle isn't a bad consolation. Probably try him over Torchetti.
Don't do this to yourself. If you're going to pick among our former coaches, Wilson and Horachek are better choices.

zroid

Banned
Karlsson will win it without a doubt, and I wonder if it'll be one of those things where nobody else wins because one player is so freakin dominant. I'm certain Price would've won a bunch of the same awards again had he not gotten injured...and then rushed back to get injured again....

he should, but... y'know

Yawnier

Banned
Don't do this to yourself. If you're going to pick among our former coaches, Wilson and Horachek are better choices.

Yeah Wilson is probably a better coach than Carlyle, but Wilson is a complete a-hole. Carlyle actually seemed like a good and friendly guy when he was the leafs coach but he sucked at his job.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just notified the gf that 4pm tomorrow is booked.

Of course... I don't have cable... is it going to be streamed?

My gf's at a wedding so I've got all day. ALL DAY. to drink my sorrows away after the Canucks pick 6th

reddit/nhlstreams will likely have SOME streaming links

Talk me out of it. What did he do that was so bad? I honestly don't remember.

His record with teams that don't feature peak Pronger, Niedermayer and Selanne is quite poor.

Shanahan recently said something to the effect 'It was like the inmates were running the asylum' when referring to the Leafs under him.

Chris R

A stream is eh, just mash F5 on this thread, it will almost be like watching it live.

I'm tuning out after the Avs get the 10th (or worse) pick tho.

Yawnier

Banned
The first Ratchet and Clank game on the PS2 hasn't aged all that well, it doesn't have the strafing that all the other games afterwards had.

Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal, Tools of Destruction, A Crack in Time are all legit good R&C games though.

The first Ratchet and Clank game on the PS2 hasn't aged all that well, it doesn't have the strafing that all the other games afterwards had.

Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal, Tools of Destruction, A Crack in Time are all legit good R&C games though.

I didn't like Deadlocked

His record with teams that don't feature peak Pronger, Niedermayer and Selanne is quite poor.

Shanahan recently said something to the effect 'It was like the inmates were running the asylum' when referring to the Leafs under him.

Oh so basically the same issues we had under Yeo, where Parise was bringing in outside coaches to coach the powerplay. Classic.

It's HFBoards but this post sums it up well, it talks about both his time with Anaheim and Toronto

Yuck.

Alright fellas. I guess I'll go Boudreau > Gilmour > MacLean > Torchetti > Carlyle.

zroid

Banned
I just realized I'm probably going to miss the draft lottery 'cause I'll be on the road. :(

Oh well, it will likely dull the pain of picking 4th.

Top Bottom