• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Yawnier

Banned
Do you go after Stamkos, then?
I wouldn't sign him but feel like I am in the minority there, sometimes.

His blood clots kind of worry me and he just feels like the wrong player at the wrong time.

Perhaps if Nylander/Marner/Matthews were a little bit older but all those guys are under 20 years old.

this draft is where the close up all our gaps in the system

I don't realistically think so. I don't know a lot about the players but just as a matter of rushing things by framing them on "we have these pieces they should work" versus actual results.

i.e.: the Edmonton way

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I don't realistically think so. I don't know a lot about the players but just as a matter of rushing things by framing them on "we have these pieces they should work" versus actual results.

i.e.: the Edmonton way

filling the gaps in the system is something that edmonton never did though

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
We don't even actually know what gaps we have yet though. So I don't see this draft as one-and-done and next year we're competitive

well... unless you know of a magical goalie prospect unicorn or any high end defenseman potentials outside of nielsen and dermott... right now it's an organizational need

Can't hope Valiev/Loov/Percy will save us on D or Bibeau and Sparks will save us in net

The Leafs should be trading for 3-5 AHL, almost NHL ready goaltenders. Goaltending is a crapshoot, and drafting one in the first round is far from a slam dunk. They'll be at least three years out from playing in the NHL, and I dislike the idea of investing all eggs in one basket for such a volatile position.

Do you guys want Fucale or Lindgren?

zroid

Banned
The Leafs should be trading for 3-5 AHL, almost NHL ready goaltenders. Goaltending is a crapshoot, and drafting one in the first round is far from a slam dunk. They'll be at least three years out from playing in the NHL, and I dislike the idea of investing all eggs in one basket for such a volatile position.
I agree. Also keep signing free agents as they have done already.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I wanna have some of those drugs Dopey is on because his delusion is off the fucking charts

well... unless you know of a magical goalie prospect unicorn or any high end defenseman potentials outside of nielsen and dermott... right now it's an organizational need

Can't hope Valiev/Loov/Percy will save us on D or Bibeau and Sparks will save us in net

I'm just focussing on "this draft". I don't think this is necessarily the end. But of course we need D and goaltending. I don't think we should be spending high picks on goalies though - at the very least, not right now.

Yawnier

Banned
I really like the idea of signing college goalies as free agents.

I have very mixed feelings on using draft picks on goalies unless there is a stud like a Thatcher Demko over the next draft or two.

Dreger saying Laine best fun prospect since Teemu, lmao. The hype up is real

Does this mean Laine will be a Duck soon?

Both are along the lines of what I mean, notwithstanding Fucale's struggles. I'd imagine the asking price would be one of the Leafs' B-tier young forwards, but they'll certainly have a surplus of them.

Who would you guys give up for Lindgren? Because I don't know the Laffs prospect pool. Fucale to me has something. There's something special about him and I don't wanna trade him unless the deal is good.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Is Chychrun projected to go around 9? He was the top ranked D for a while right?

Wouldn't surprise me to see Timmins draft him if that's the case, we don't have any decent D prospects in the junior levels outside of Juulsen right now.
You guys should have one left over of Chychrun, Juolevi, Sergachev.

Edmonton and Arizona are really weak on D and if they don't take a blue chip D prospect well....

The rest will likely get forwards though I guess Vancouver could take one of those 3

Syrinx

You guys should have one left over of Chychrun, Juolevi, Sergachev.

Edmonton and Arizona are really weak on D and if they don't take a blue chip D prospect well....

The rest will likely get forwards though I guess Vancouver could take one of those 3
Benning said back at the CHL prospects game that D-men is their top priority. Doubt they pass on one of them.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I would take Timashov probably
I wouldn't take that trade for Fucale. Has he shown he can be a number one? If not, I'd rather sign free agents and see if one of them stands out.

I kinda see what they're doing with goalies. Drafting one, you aren't going to toss him in right away and they generally need more time than Fs or Ds to pan out. Signing college goalies is an incredibly smart move as there are a surplus of goalies right now, and all you really need is average to above average goaltending and the system and D should be able to take care of the rest.

Truly could be a "Detroit" model with Osgoode and Vernon...though they had a hall of fame team in front of them...

Benning said back at the CHL prospects game that D-men is their top priority. Doubt they pass on one of them.
Welp...sorry, Reddy...

Not sure if there is a 4th D I'd put in the same category as those three.

Pikma

Banned
I drove by a house today that had a flag pole in their front yard. It had some weird flag at half-mast. Upon closer inspection, it was an Anaheim Ducks flag. I LOL'ed and continued driving.
And you seriously want us to believe you continued driving without setting said house on fire first?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't actually care what position we pick, I trust Timmins. I learned my lesson after doubting the McCarron pick.

Red_Man

Dopey works for the Sun?

ChVpmxXU0AAESpL.jpg:large

Red_Man

I do wonder how Matthews feels about a hockey market like Toronto, growing up in Arizona and being a Yotes fan and all that.

Top Bottom