• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Marvie_3

Banned
By drugs do you mean avocados?

...Hmmm I think we're on to something here
MbeVk5t.jpg

I do wonder how Matthews feels about a hockey market like Toronto, growing up in Arizona and being a Yotes fan and all that.

Probably a bit, maybe not intimidated, but overwhelmed? Every single thing he does will be analyzed and talked about. Dude probably just wants to play hockey like he always has but now every shift will be OT in the finals. That dude could go anywhere in Phoenix and be just another person, in Toronto he won't be able to take a shit without someone trying to get his picture or autograph.

Samyy

I haven't watched any Matthews/Laine/Puljajarvi highlights all year so it's fun catching up on that right now.
I don't think I've stopped smiling since the lottery :)

Stasis

Visiting my mom and friends in the Philly area. My mom and a friend of hers ran into a few French Canadian Phantoms guys at the social security office. I guess they were there for finance reasons.

Nicolas Aube-Kubel and Danick Martel. Those are the ones she spoke to... a few other dudes were there but she was surprised by the guys speaking French so that's what sparked the convo.

Any talent in these guys? Never heard of them.

eyeless

not sure how i'm gonna be able to get to sleep

watchin matthews highlights letting out involuntary "hooowheeee"s and laughing at our good fortune

..just thought about if we won our last against nj the oilers would have won their 18th 1st OA and we'd have got fourth

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The Mathews ball washing from the Toronto media is the worst part of this.
Edit: in retrospect. You're right. Though I probably should've used that reply to your other comment. Oh well. Enjoy the Canucks pick since there's a bunch of good players there.

Quick

Banned
I just got home. Respek to Calder and Jets-GAF for that 2nd overall pick. Blessings to Foggy for the 3rd overall pick.

Oilers can eat shit.

Leafs aren't going to be competitive overnight with Matthews, but I'm confident in the pieces the team currently has to make so,e improvements at least.

Pikma

Banned
I just got home. Respek to Calder and Jets-GAF for that 2nd overall pick. Blessings to Foggy for the 3rd overall pick.

Oilers can eat shit.

Leafs aren't going to be competitive overnight with Matthews, but I'm confident in the pieces the team currently has to make so,e improvements at least.
You'll make it to the playoffs next year, I can guarantee it

yyzjohn

Banned
Love all the other fans begrudging the Leafs win. Like it would be any different if any other Canadian team won first overall. The Matthews hype would still be there. Only difference is the rest of Canada hates the fact it's the Leafs. Imagine if the Habs had won? Like cmon.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Love all the other fans begrudging the Leafs win. Like it would be any different if any other Canadian team won first overall. The Matthews hype would still be there. Only difference is the rest of Canada hates the fact it's the Leafs. Imagine if the Habs had won? Like cmon.
Would be unhappy since it's a divisional rival but still not bitter if Edmonton had won it again.

Now Dreger is saying they would trade the 4th. Unless they're getting a stud defenseman back, they're fucking idiots if they won't use it to draft a blue chip D prospect.

Pikma

Banned
Yeah fuck every canadian team not named Maplol Loleafs
except for the habs

You hate the Leafs because you are a bunch of anuses

Cake Boss

Banned
I don't even want to go to TSN to check out last nights games highlights cuz I know Bustin Mathews dick will be stamped all over the website.

Gonna a be a media blackout for me all summer.

Hoping for one of two things from the Wild perspective:

A) Trade away one of Brodin/Scandella/Spurgeon/Dumba (preferably Dumba or Brodin) for a top-10 pick in addition to the #15. Get two forward prospects with the draft picks. Preferably a Tkachuk/Nylander/Dubois + a Keller/Jost/Brown/McLeod. Good thing about this is that there are likely some teams willing to do a trade like this. Edmonton's pick is apparently in play. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Buffalo or Arizona deal away their picks.

B) Hope like hell either Keller or Jost falls to us at #15.

C) If Keller/Jost/Brown/McLeod are not there at #15, trade down to get a later 1st + 2nd or 3rd or whatever you can get. Or two 2nds. It doesn't matter. Wild have no 2nd or 3rd pick this year and the prospect pool isn't good enough to mitigate that.

I really, really doubt the Wild take a defender in the first round this year. There is no use to it. At all.

Cake Boss

Banned
The Senators aren’t expected to waste any time reaching out to the 61-year-old Boudreau to see when he’s available to sit down. Dorion spent Saturday night at CBC’s studios in Toronto for the lottery, but don’t be surprised if they have at least started the process.

Yusssssss

Top Bottom