• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Did he fuckin play for Hogwarts

6dtFbzt.png

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I was only pissed at Toronto winning last night because they're in our stupid fucking division.

However, based on Facebook the past 24 hours I may have to go back to hating Toronto just because, I'll keep you guys posted.

yyzjohn

Banned
I was only pissed at Toronto winning last night because they're in our stupid fucking division.

However, based on Facebook the past 24 hours I may have to go back to hating Toronto just because, I'll keep you guys posted.

Dude if the Habs had won last night I could guarantee you i would have seen a minimum of 10 cars with Habs flags on my drive down from Richmond Hill to Toronto.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Dude if the Habs had won last night I could guarantee you i would have seen a minimum of 10 cars with Habs flags on my drive down from Richmond Hill to Toronto.

Could be a nice kickstart to the rivalry at least.

Just sucks that Habs are sitting on their hands while Toronto is making smart management decisions, and Ottawa may hire one of the other best coaches in the game.

Luckily Boston is shit now.

Cake Boss

Banned

Just sucks that Habs are sitting on their hands while Toronto is making smart management decisions, and Ottawa may hire one of the other best coaches in the game.

Come on guy. First round exit tho.

yyzjohn

Banned

Yeah the rivalry needs a reboot, all we need now is PK traded to Toronto to see the meltdowns ensue.

Lmaoo I got so many different ways to go with this, so I'll just let you think of the comebacks yourself that way you can salt yourself without me having to do it for you.

Oh come on, that's not as fun and you know it.

I was really making a comment about Bruce. No need to take it personally

Edit: Can't understand the Boudreau love. Guy is a fraud.

Cake Boss

Banned
Am I the only one that watches Jacob Cheerrychun and doesn't understand why he's rated so high. Guy seems to lack common hockey sense. Good skater but doesn't know where he needs to go.

Yawnier

Banned
It really wouldn't shock me if Chychrun turns into a Bogosian type of defenceman.

I forget which podcast it was exactly, but I remember Jeff Marek saying that there is one scout from an NHL team that told him that they have Sergachev, Juolevi, and McAvoy ahead of him.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It really wouldn't shock me if Chychrun turns into a Bogosian type of defenceman.

I forget which podcast it was exactly, but I remember Jeff Marek saying that there is one scout from an NHL team that told him that they have Sergachev, Juolevi, and McAvoy ahead of him.
Sergachev OHL D of the year. I wanted him or Juolevi and some dude spazzed out on me. This was before he won the award too.

Cake Boss

Banned

That's a good comparison.

He just seems so average in terms of his skill set.

I just want the draft to start already now we know who has the picks.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
That's a good comparison.

He just seems so average in terms of his skill set.

I just want the draft to start already now we know who has the picks.
From what I've read, the kid seems really inconsistent. He definitely has the potential since he has flashes of greatness, so if he can do that all the time, he'd be a great pick.

McAvoy and Sergachev are RD though and McAvoy actually shoots right as well.

zroid

Banned
Indeed that is her. Thought she looked a little familiar, guess I saw her on Football Night in America, or on random NBC hockey broadcasts.

Lovely woman.

You'll like her even more after seeing that clip where she absolutely crushes Milbury on-air

ShaneB

You'll like her even more after seeing that clip where she absolutely crushes Milbury on-air

Just watched, funny stuff, but seemed like all in good nature. She seems to like playing golf as well.

Was going to make a similar post where I wished more coaches/GMs/players/panelists were more like Popovich and called out people on the pointlessness of some of the questions/statements that get asked/made.

I saw that Puljujärvi was snubbed on a World championship roster spot. Sucks. Would have been cool to see him try to win the holy trio of J18, J20 and Senior.

My buddy - a devoted Canucks fan - tweeted out a glorious saltmontage late last night. He must have been stewing for hours lol.

I guess out of the team with the best lottery odds, the Canucks would be the closest to doing a Montreal and becoming competitive immediately with a player like Matthews?

Montresor

I'm not worried at all about Matthews not being used to Canada's media or about him being disappointed in playing away from his home in Arizona / USA.

There are thousands of homegrown GTA players that live their whole lives without ever coming close to playing with the Leafs and they do just fine. To be more accurate, 90% of those players likely never wanted to sniff the Leafs and their terrible teams.

As long as management builds a good team around Matthews I have faith he'll be happy and enjoy our city/team...

I'm just happy that the Leafs got lucky for once and for the first time in a decade we will finally have a number one centre.

zroid

Banned
My buddy - a devoted Canucks fan - tweeted out a glorious saltmontage late last night. He must have been stewing for hours lol.

I guess out of the team with the best lottery odds, the Canucks would be the closest to doing a Montreal and becoming competitive immediately with a player like Matthews?

Edmonton IMO

They'd still need to add defence, but with Matthews they would have tons of expendable assets they could move to get one or two top pair D-men.

Socreges

Banned

Eh. In two years, maybe. We still need one or two more top 4 dmen. The big thing is, as Leafs fans well know, acquiring a #1C isn't easy. It usually requires being terrible for a while, which the Leafs, Oilers, Penguins and Hawks all did to get their riches. It's actually pretty remarkable how long the Leafs were terrible for without getting that player (Seguin...). For the Canucks, we had a shot here. Didn't happen. But again if we draft a player like Nolan Patrick next year, suddenly we've got great prospects at every position. Just gotta be patient.

Quick

Banned
Leafs missing out on Seguin at 2nd overall was such a Leafs thing to have happened.

I'm happy to get 1st overall, but it's really the cherry on top of the shit sundae.

yyzjohn

Banned
Eh. In two years, maybe. We still need one or two more top 4 dmen. The big thing is, as Leafs fans well know, acquiring a #1C isn't easy. It usually requires being terrible for a while, which the Leafs, Oilers, Penguins and Hawks all did to get their riches. It's actually pretty remarkable how long the Leafs were terrible for without getting that player (Seguin...). For the Canucks, we had a shot here. Didn't happen. But again if we draft a player like Nolan Patrick next year, suddenly we've got great prospects at every position. Just gotta be patient.

Yeah, it would have helped if the Leafs stopped trading away draft picks, thanks Burkie!

Not sure what the ceiling is on Matthews, I can't imagine he's worse than Bozak so I have some hope :)

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 19h19 hours ago

Chychrun polarizing figure. 4 of 10 scouts I surveyed ranked him as best D in draft, potential top 5 pick. Six others had him 10+. Big swing

All four of those D can be drafted in any order and it would be no surprise at all.

Chychrun's thing is that he is pretty good at everything but doesn't excel at anything. Which gets him knocked down by scouts who want an excellent D-zone guy or an excellent O-zone guy, or a really physical guy, or whatever else.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, it would have helped if the Leafs stopped trading away draft picks, thanks Burkie!

Not sure what the ceiling is on Matthews, I can't imagine he's worse than Bozak so I have some hope :)
Matthews will be great. Shut up

All four of those D can be drafted in any order and it would be no surprise at all.

Chychrun's thing is that he is pretty good at everything but doesn't excel at anything. Which gets him knocked down by scouts who want an excellent D-zone guy or an excellent O-zone guy, or a really physical guy, or whatever else.
I'd prefer we go for Juolevi or Sergachev. Chychrun will likely hit his ceiling very soon. And of course Benning is probably one of the GMs that have him as a priority.

Parch

All the rankings in the mid first round have been shifting around. It's hard to find similar draft charts because opinions keep changing. Probably will until all hockey is done and the draft begins.

There will probably be some surprise drops but it depends on the draft rankings that you want to believe. In reality, it shouldn't be a surprise if the guys currently ranked 4-9 go in any order. Team need will be the bigger factor over best available because there is no certainty who really is best available.

Yawnier

Banned
Hoping the Leafs go for Samuel Girard with the Pens pick

Why him? Just curious since my only viewing of him was at the prospects game back in January.

His numbers are pretty good for a small skilled offensive defenceman. Looks like the type of pick that Mark Hunter wouldn't be afraid of.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Zaitsev signing coming down tonight, possibly

Someone has suggested he's making contingency plans with other teams in case the Leafs fall through

Non-hockey related but I need to vent a bit. Internship I got for this summer is going to be great. I won't get paid all that much but I'll have a decent amount of time off and I'm getting great experience and it'll look great on my resume.

Only problem is that they needed to make it official through my University. Which I assumed was just filling out paperwork. Turns out I need to get credit for the internship, which means enrolling in an internship summer class, which means paying for the credits I take, which means that I owe the University $1033 for not stepping a foot on campus this summer, not interacting with a single person at all affiliated with the University, and not having anything at all to do with the college at all. $833 in credit fees, an additional $150 in school of business fees, $50 in technology fees. What. The. Fuck.

For the entire summer I'm getting paid maybe $2500 or so. This is fucking bullshit.

Top Bottom