• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
zroid, Red_Man - MasterChef Australia has started. I never did finish the last season but let's see how far I get.
I never finished last years season either, it's just too much tv to watch every week. I still enjoy it, but it's really time consuming.

That's balls FUBAR. Never fun to get surprise expenses. Even worse when it's an obvious cash grab. You'll forget about this stuff in a few years when you settle into a career, but that's some grade a bullshit now.

Socreges

Banned
I just spent several hours shredding old bank statements, pay stubs and other shit. Felt so good to have it all done.

Then I discovered another 3 years worth

aO9nso.gif

Quick

Banned
RAPTORS

ROUND 2

ARRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I just spent several hours shredding old bank statements, pay stubs and other shit. Felt so good to have it all done.

Then I discovered another 3 years worth

aO9nso.gif

If you're 100% sure you want to get rid of every single thing in that box, you could take it to a Staples for shredding.

Socreges

Banned
RAPTORS

ROUND 2

ARRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If you're 100% sure you want to get rid of every single thing in that box, you could take it to a Staples for shredding.
Yep, threw the rest in a box and decided to pay someone else to do it. Didn't know Staples was an option. Thanks

Jays win a series, Raps make it to the 2nd round, and the top 2 picks of the NHL draft go to Canadian teams. Not a bad weekend for (most) pro sports fans in Canada.

Socreges

Banned
They have free shredding at the waste disposal events here in DE. Your local waste authority may do something similar.
I feel like a sucker. Although I took the opportunity to comb through old shit and found some doozies. Including a GST credit and a freshly issued driver's licence from 2005 that expired 6 years ago. Mint, though

Jays win a series, Raps make it to the 2nd round, and the top 2 picks of the NHL draft go to Canadian teams. Not a bad weekend for (most) pro sports fans in Canada.
I like you, bones, but you can go fuck yourself at this moment in time

zroid

Banned
Imagine if Lowry actually had an elbow that wasn't surgically tied together with scotch tape, the Raps might have scored 20 points in the 4th quarter

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Jack Todd is basically Montreal's version of Simmons with a higher IQ.

He lobbied to have Price run out of town years ago, and lately has been pushing the opinion that Subban's ego has gotten too big for the teams own good and that he should be moved.

So yea, par for the course for him.

He's sour to find out that the John Scott trade wasn't s fix to help the Habs in the draft, but instead was just a bonehead move by Bergevin.

But we all know what the real reason was for that Trade.

Tinordi wasn't meeting expectations and his dad was probably interfering with his Hockey Career. Now he's suspended and probably will never play another NHL game again. In the end we still kind of won. John Scott may have only played one game with Montreal officially but he did more than Tinordi ever did.

eyeless

mood:
UPC1_THN_6909-400.jpg

man matthews is so exactly what we needed, shooting complete 1C, the idea of marner feeding matthews is so good, marner and nylander being playmakers it is too perfect to have a high end shooting c we needed it

marner on matthews wing makes so much sense to me in my mind but dunno if that's what they'll do

on tsn they were projecting moving nylander to matthews wing for next year, man that would be fucking fun to watch, it's weird because next year was gonna be weird for me wanting to root for the leafs but in the back if my mind still thinking i want another top 10 pick but now with matthews, nylander, maybe marner eh i'll just root for em and let shit fall where it may

still can't believe it, never believed we'd ever get a pick like this, i legit keep laughing out loud when i randomly think about it

matthews/eichel potentially makes the sabres rivalry actually interesting, something funny to think about is what if the sabres took alex nylander at 8, heh

can't wait for the preee-seeeason :) if nothing else i can enjoy watching the leafs from now on

o also this is an amazing article i was reading recently http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/g...le-leafs-mike-babcock-youre-going-to-need-it/
This corner has gone on the record as saying Babcock is a great coach, but he is not the right man for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Not right now. After talking about not accelerating the rebuilding process, the Leafs went out and accelerated the rebuilding process.

Put it this way. The Leafs were the fourth worst team in the NHL last season. It would not be a stretch to suggest that with some creative “roster management,” they could have fallen further down the standings in 2015-16. Now, under Babcock, they’ll probably be better. Not much, but enough to take them out of the running for such high-level talents as Auston Matthews, Jesse Puljujarvi, Jakob Chychrun and Matthew Tkachuk – each and every one a franchise cornerstone stud.

Good job on the rebuild there.
lmao

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
He's sour to find out that the John Scott trade wasn't s fix to help the Habs in the draft, but instead was just a bonehead move by Bergevin.
Doesn't surprise me about the sour grapes from the media in other cities.

He also bitches about tanking but doesn't seem to realize we had a pretty high number of points (one of the highest in recent) for a "last" place team. As well, we had MORE points than last year and still would've ended up 4th (68 last year and 69 this year).

Top Bottom