• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

NnXLH2j.png

Dooks!

Fantastic deal

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
That's because there's nothing on but baseball in the summer. And considering the explosion in interest from the Jays again, I wouldn't be surprised if the TV numbers have dipped down again.

Once NFL comes around, absolutely NOBODY cares for CFL.

They must fudge the numbers then for the playoffs and grey cup then?

Edit: obviously it gets trounced by the NFL, but saying nobody cares irks me......I care :(

zroid

Banned
Cowen is such a turd

accept your damn buyout, if you didn't want to get bought out, you should've been a non-trash NHL player

I'm happy about the deal. 1.75 per is pretty good. Supposedly the team told him that they're contendors and he bought it. Probably didn't mention the coach.

Let's Go Ducks!

Pikma

Banned
Watching my shit get flushed away >>>> NFL

Playing it is fun, except for the inevitable concussions, but fuck watching it

Pikma

Banned
I remember Villeneuve, wasnt he Canadian?

I used to watch F1 all the time back in Europe but it's basically non-existant over here.
F1 isn't big anywhere anymore, the moment the sport turned into a big fucking auction (dates, teams, drivers, cars, engineers, absolutely everything is one check away) it stopped being fun, the reality show shit they added also didn't help at all (nobody cares about fake beef between teammates)

The WEC for example is superior in every aspect, too bad 6/24 hour races are not what I'd call casual-friendly

I'm with Pikma.

Football is a sport where you watch the players slowly become mentally fucked.

Agreed.

Football is fun when it's touch, but otherwise, it is a sport I cannot support within it's current framework.

Sad too, because once you get down to the nitty-gritty and start learning formations and how offences and defenses line up, it's actually quite interesting.

F1 isn't big anywhere anymore, the moment the sport turned into a big fucking auction (dates, teams, drivers, cars, engineers, absolutely everything is one check away) it stopped being fun, the reality show shit they added also didn't help at all (nobody cares about fake beef between teammates)

The WEC for example is superior in every aspect, too bad 6/24 hour races are not what I'd call casual-friendly

That's why PWC, why IMSA is big into making in roads because the races are generally shorter.

I would not be surprised, with how much of a shitshow Indycar is, that in five years time, IMSA takes over as the number two racing program in North America.

Besides, the only events that go past 2 hours for IMSA are the big ones, the ones with pedigree. Petit Le Mans, Sebring 12 Hours, Daytona 24.

Let's not pretend the same type of stuff isn't happening in hockey as well...

I'm not but it doesn't happen nearly as much as in football. It is much more prevalent in football. Literally every play is them banging heads. On the fucking sidelines they bang heads. PArt of the warm up is players getting psyched by smashing their heads together as hard as they can.

I am not pretending that hockey doesn't have concussion issues, because it does, but football is on a whole nother level when it comes to concussions and head issues.

Pikma

Banned
I'm not sure they're that common in hockey, are they?

I mean back when I played varsity football I suffered concussions at least once per week, most of time while training (and it's at fucking high school level!) Of course I didn't realize what it was and how fucked up that is until later. Thankfully I left after a pair of years.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Watching my shit get flushed away >>>> NFL

Playing it is fun, except for the inevitable concussions, but fuck watching it

You're basically European by now, welcome to the fucking club

I made a cool $4.99 in radio royalties today. No big deal.

and you weren't even on Salt On The Ice!

I wonder how much in royalties Marvie has made from that, he can probably afford at least 2 or 3 hookers with it by now

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad that TSN has great F1 coverage. TSN has all the qualifying and races, and this year the picked up the pre and post race coverage from Sky.

I really wish WRC was televised over here. Speed used to have it a long time ago.

Top Bottom