• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

zroid

Banned
This is the GOAT racing game. Nothing else comes close.

1246901-mm.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned
Most likely just the AHL team moving to Bellville. or Melnyk selling teams to Quebec Billionaires as the negotiations with NCC has halted.

2nd guess is just my wet dream, would make me wetter than Hope Solo in some of those pics.

Fixed. Even down to the 15 versions of "Girlfriend"

That was in Dominator, not 3.

And TBH, my love for Burnout 3 died immediately when I realized years later the game has insanely stupid and almost sadistic rubberband AI.

Essentially, the game tells you to boost, boost, boost. But the thing is, the game will actually exponentially speed up your opponents, making them more aggressive and making the game more frustrating then it actually is.

I've never played a Burnout game, but I'm pretty sure they're all trash, because I would have played one othewise

They aren't.

They really aren't.

And what surprises me is the backlash Paradise gets on GAF when in reality, it was one of the best games early in the last gen, and it still works as a racing game and as an exercise in what good, online gameplay is about.

Yawnier

Banned
They aren't.

They really aren't.

And what surprises me is the backlash Paradise gets on GAF when in reality, it was one of the best games early in the last gen, and it still works as a racing game and as an exercise in what good, online gameplay is about.

Paradise actually gets backlash on GAF?

It's probably one of the best racing games of the last decade

zroid

Banned
They aren't.

They really aren't.

Yeah, I'm kidding, I'm sure they're fine. I have zero interest in racing games other than Mario Kart pretty much.

edit: actually that's a lie, WipEout is pretty cool too. I played of a lot of the PS3 version. I like F-Zero as well, but I'm terrible at it. :(

Yawnier

Banned
I agree. I spent a lot of time playing that game, made friends I still have today. The nicest online community I have ever been apart of.

I would agree with you that Paradise is the best Burnout game though, even over 3 and Revenge.

I was an early ps3 adopter and that game saved me from some shitty game droughts early last generation.

I would agree with you that Paradise is the best Burnout game though, even over 3 and Revenge.

I was an early ps3 adopter and that game saved me from some shitty game droughts early last generation.

Fuck, I know.

Actually, when it came to racing games, those early years were actually pretty good for the PS3. DiRT, Race Driver: GRID and Burnout Paradise still hold up today.

EDIT: And Ridge Racer 7 still looks beautiful and that came out right at launch. Looks like a late PS3 game in how good it looks, feels and handles.

Fuck, I know.

Actually, when it came to racing games, those early years were actually pretty good for the PS3. DiRT, Race Driver: GRID and Burnout Paradise still hold up today.

EDIT: And Ridge Racer 7 still looks beautiful and that came out right at launch. Looks like a late PS3 game in how good it looks, feels and handles.

Motorstorm too.

Paradise was a lot of fun and online was a blast at the time. Though I still prefer the tracks and set courses of 3. Motorbikes in Paradise were legit amazing though, shame there was no full game with them. They were a lot more technical than the cars are really felt fun to go full speed.

Yawnier

Banned
Fuck, I know.

I rented Ridge Racer 7 years ago and really liked it but never bought it. I remember liking the drifting and the graphics in it (60 fps as well) at the time.

I also rented GRID years ago but wasn't a big fan of it at the time, though I don't remember much of it now.

zroid

Banned
I'm just going to pretend that Italy didn't throw that volleyball game because it benefited them to lose. 🇨🇦 🇨🇦 🇨🇦 🇨🇦

Cake Boss

Banned
Probably just Alfie jersey retirement if other players are showing up. Special guests are probably players that he played with like Chara, Redden, Hossa, Havlat etc

zroid

Banned
lmao apparently people are salty because that Bahamian athlete won the 400m with a dive at the end

I thought it was awesome

bbd43b0409ea49a9a8b0fa93a0dafcb5.png

zroid

Banned
6d36db4ed8d64c328692e72a3345864d.png

I think I prefer the left one. The right one -- I thought this when it was first revealed -- looks like it's trying too hard to be edgy.

And the logo still looks like a bizarro Freemasons emblem

in b4 racist

Quick

Banned
6d36db4ed8d64c328692e72a3345864d.png

I think I prefer the left one. The right one -- I thought this when it was first revealed -- looks like it's trying too hard to be edgy.

And the logo still looks like a bizarro Freemasons emblem

in b4 racist

Team NA's logo looks metal as fuck.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Im on a planet with a 320C surface temperature

Shiiiiiiiet

This planet is heaven

- Vortex cubes every couple steps in caves
- No sentinels/dont attack you even when farming cubes
- MULTIPLE huge creatures (antilope-looking ones, cattle-looking ones)

Found a trading portal finally so I'm just gonna run around and collect cubes for a while.

calder

Damn, I gotta get off this chump gold planet. Keep dicking around and upgrading my suit, these 300k+ slot are murder.

Finally figured out the secret to getting better ships so I started that but I'm getting the worst luck. Of the first 8 or so ships I found only 1 was a measly one slot upgrade. :(

Old racing game talk on NHL-GAF :')

Diddy Kong Racing was my first. I liked the graphics better than Mario Kart 64 at the time lmao I loved how ambitious Rare used to be. I never played Beetle Adventure Racing. My repeat-rental racing game was Top Gear Overdrive. Multiplayer campaign mode was so so good.

NFS Porsche Unleashed was the first NFS I played. Well the PC demo, anyways...my parents weren't fans of installing full-fledged games on the computer. My dad was fanatical about "saving" the DVD drive. It looked like a great game to get the full release of given the historical angle EA took with that one. NFSU2 was the first I owned, on GameCube. It was a game I could lose hours in when I had hours to give. In hindsight it's a bit unfocused, a bit broken (you can do SUV races in a car, for example), and took all the gaudiest aspects of the early-mid 2000s import scene. And the GCN version looks horrible even compared to the PS2 version, never mind the Xbox version. But the game itself is surprisingly good even revisiting it years later. Carbon is still my favourite with regards to how the cars feel, but MW2005 is my favourite overall game. The cops in that game did not fuck around, where as the cops in Carbon were about as effective as my Overwatch team (i.e.: wet paper bag level).

I hated Burnout Paradise on release because Revenge is one of my favourite PS2 games and Paradise was completely different. Years later I realized how wrong I was. Having races end in one of the cardinal extremes of the map with major waypoints shows how far ahead Criterion were in terms of embracing what you can do with the open world and how a player can learn it. I still prefer Takedown and Revenge (even HP2010) over Paradise because I prefer more focus in my racing games, but I can appreciate it now.

Gran Turismo 2 got me more into sim-style games. The encyclopaedic tone of the game was perfect for me at the age I played it. It really helped me learn more about the history of cars versus the current product I was interested in at the time. It broke my Nintendo fanboyism - GT2 made me realize the bad guys weren't so bad; they made good games too. It's a shame how far GT has fallen through mostly organizational and design reasons. GT6's physics and tire feel were wonderful, but it really should have been a PS4 game...

I'm done being racing gaming sir bat for now

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
This planet is heaven

Found a trading portal finally so I'm just gonna run around and collect cubes for a while.

Get off my planet

Ps i hate the vortex cube bug where they show up again and then disappear when you put your cursor on it

This planet is heaven

Just found a similar honeypot planet of vortex cubes. Except barren and no fauna, but non damaging environment. I'm doing 400k a run right now filling my slots with cubes. It is glorious.

Top Bottom