• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

I was a huuuuge San Diego Chargers fan (unfortunate) when I was younger and was obsessed with the NFL but now I've basically lost all interest.

I seem to notice a lot of things that I can't stand about it these days. Quarterbacks can't be touched, pass interference/defensive holding/illegal contact is basically random and everything takes so fucking long. Timeout --> punt --> commercial break --> challenge --> timeout. Like 6 minutes will go by with one punt and no plays.

It's probably always been like that and I just didn't care as a kid. I still love Philip Rivers though.

I'm glad that TSN has great F1 coverage. TSN has all the qualifying and races, and this year the picked up the pre and post race coverage from Sky.

I really wish WRC was televised over here. Speed used to have it a long time ago.

I wish so too, but TBH I don't think the sport is in good shape, with the dominance of Loeb and Citroen at one point, now Ogier and VW.

zroid

Banned
The Omnium is fucking mental but after I spent 30 minutes watching trying to understand how it worked I enjoyed it a lot :lol

definitely one of the more cerebral events at the Olympics

F1 isn't big anywhere anymore, the moment the sport turned into a big fucking auction (dates, teams, drivers, cars, engineers, absolutely everything is one check away) it stopped being fun, the reality show shit they added also didn't help at all (nobody cares about fake beef between teammates)

The WEC for example is superior in every aspect, too bad 6/24 hour races are not what I'd call casual-friendly

I stopped watching F1 when the tires became uniform and all the equipment became homogeneous. I liked the arms race between Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault etc. Seems boring now.

PillarEN

I was a huuuuge San Diego Chargers fan (unfortunate) when I was younger and was obsessed with the NFL but now I've basically lost all interest.

I seem to notice a lot of things that I can't stand about it these days. Quarterbacks can't be touched, pass interference/defensive holding/illegal contact is basically random and everything takes so fucking long. Timeout --> punt --> commercial break --> challenge --> timeout. Like 6 minutes will go by with one punt and no plays.

It's probably always been like that and I just didn't care as a kid. I still love Philip Rivers though.

San Diego doesn't deserve to lose their team. I seriously hope that doesn't happen.

The amount of commercial breaks in the NFL is absurd. So is their army obsession.

Pikma

Banned

I'm sorry

Silexx

Ottawa Citizen ‏@OttawaCitizen 9m9 minutes ago

#Sens say they’re making a “significant hockey announcement” tomorrow. Eugene Melnyk, Bryan Murray, Pierre Dorion and some players attending

I have to assume it's an outdoor game announcement?

That's also how people describe having dinner with MultiJhonny

giphy.gif

imBask

Banned
I kinda liked F1 because of my dad, I wish it was more popular around here. But at the same time, F1 might be the scummiest of all sports with the most corruption so I don't know

Marvie_3

Banned
and you weren't even on Salt On The Ice!

I wonder how much in royalties Marvie has made from that, he can probably afford at least 2 or 3 hookers with it by now
I made a cool 9 cents from it. Well below the 99 cent minimum limit to claim it from google.

I kinda liked F1 because of my dad, I wish it was more popular around here. But at the same time, F1 might be the scummiest of all sports with the most corruption so I don't know

It truly isn't aside from maybe selecting where the grand prix is.

Most of the drama in F1 is really just constant politics.

maybe my impressions are wrong then, or I just read the wrong headlines

everytime I read anything about Bernie Ecclestone it's pretty much "he's literally Hitler"

That's because ultimately, the constructors control the money flow, not unlike other sports where the players are often the commodity. So when it comes to the sort of talk around the paddock, it's mostly about the business side, which is stacked within McLaren, Ferrari's etc's favor.

Pikma

Banned
maybe my impressions are wrong then, or I just read the wrong headlines

everytime I read anything about Bernie Ecclestone it's pretty much "he's literally Hitler"
Bernie is a shitbag, yes. Not sure how he compares to Hitler since he hasn't killed anyone (yet) but he really is a fucking corrupt shitbag

Honestly, no matter what motorsport discipline you follow, you are going to have to tolerate different levels of team politics.

With F1 though, if it isn't the actual race, 99% of the news is bullshit team politics.

I think I gave up in 2013 when Vettel won literally every race in the second half of the year, it was kinda boring

Believe me, I went thorough the same thing when Loeb won pretty much every WRC driver's championship from about 2004 until 2013.

It truly sucks, especially when the drivers who are good have the charisma of a wet loaf of bread.

Essentially, a Frenchman has won a driver's championship in WRC since 2004. Loeb with the majority, Sebastian Ogier with the last three.

I loved NFSU2 so much, I played it for hundreds of hours

Good shit

Not sure how it's aged tho

I've been playing it.

It hasn't. At all.

Granted, the free roam aspects are neat in how the game gives you actual reasons to explore every nook and cranny to find new events. But the actual gameplay isn't that fun, probably the worst of that generation's NFS games. It doesn't help that you can essentially take the AE86 Corolla you get as one of the starter cars and it lasts you until the end of the game. It's OP as fuck and it trivializes the difficulty of the game.

Yawnier

Banned
It doesn't help that you can essentially take the AE86 Corolla you get as one of the starter cars and it lasts you until the end of the game. It's OP as fuck and it trivializes the difficulty of the game.

Is this for real? lmao

I don't think I ever played Underground 2.

Good shit creepy cat.

Big fan of those games. PS2s catalogue is insane

The PS2 catalog is nuts. There are still games on PS2 that I need to track down and play. My PS2 slim works after all these years. I think my parents got me it in 2005 along with Kingdom Hearts and The Hobbit

I just realized that Sleeping Dogs was a Spiritual Successor to the True Crime series.

Is this for real? lmao

I don't think I ever played Underground 2.

Yep. I should add you get a choice between a Honda Civic, the AE86, and a Peugeot 206 I believe, with a Vauxhall Corsa being added into the PAL versions.

Honestly, it doesn't help that U2 has a relatively open ended gameplay structure (Do the races your sponsor asks you to do, complete a set amount of races the sponsor asks you to do, complete URL races) and it doesn't really tell you what to do. There's hidden races, sure, but sometimes it's confusing to actually find them, since they are based on stages of the game you have completed, so it's possible for you to complete races and have it do nothing to the feeling of progression.

I could write about NFS for about a week, as it is an important series to my childhood, but I will say this: the gameplay structure of Most Wanted 2005 I think is a direct response to how seemingly loose NFSU2's was. Most Wanted 2005 was pretty cut and dry: do these things, this is how you do them, now win.

As an addendum, the customization features that Black Box put in might be deep, but the problem is that a lot of them look gaudy as fuck in 2016 compared to 2004, so it is even more frustrating that you need to slap so much dumb shit to raise your car rating, and get money and magazine opportunities.

When it comes to NFS games, from the Tuner age (That being the games that came after Hot Pursuit 2, the classic age of the series) the ones I feel that have aged the best are:

Most Wanted 2005
Carbon
Underground
Prostreet
and way down at the bottom is Undercover.

Quick

Banned
NFS Underground 2 is the first racing game I ever owned. I loved that game.

Then I got into Midnight Club 3, which was fucking awesome.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
NFSU1&2 were fantastic. And had amazing soundtracks too from what I remember. Pretty sure that shaped like 50% of my teenage music favs...

Silexx

Apparently, the Sens announcement is not for an outdoor game. Perhaps then it's Alfie's number being retired? None of the insiders seem to have a clue here.

Apparently, the Sens announcement is not for an outdoor game. Perhaps then it's Alfie's number being retired? None of the insiders seem to have a clue here.

If it wasn't an outdoor game, probably is Alfie's number going into the rafters.

I mean, what else can there really be? Unless they are about to drop the most fire free agent / trade news.

Top Bottom