• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Fitting considering the fact that NieR and its sequel are the very definition of low effort cookie cutter schlock.

you can do better than this Calamari

yeah but I mean, I'd have to play the first one right? I really don't want to plug in my ps3

You don't have to. I would insist you should but to enjoy the sequel they have been saying since the beginning that you don't need to play the first one. It isn't a direct sequel

imBask

Banned
fuck-bergevin.png

ayy

Yawnier

Banned
Triggered

That wasn't even an ending mane. Chapter one was so fucking good, then two repeated missions and got straight up stupid.
They should have just called chapter two an epilogue chapter or something, and yeah chapter two in general was just way too rushed. I was expecting it to be a full blown chapter just like chapter one based off that trailer but nope.

Although there were a few good missions in chapter two like
the one where big boss has to kill some of his own men in the R&D platform who are infected.
. Which actually having played that makes me not all that surprised about this MGS survival horror spin-off thing that Konami are doing. If there is one thing MGS V did well it is combat.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What in the flying fuck at that Metal Gear game?

Anyway, the Rangers are meeting with Vesey's camp today, as expected. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Why can't companies respect art and let things die?

I know, money. But things like videogames particularly are abused for endless sequels. At least with most movies it's one and done. Maybe two and done. Movie sequelitis only hits the popcorn munching movies for the most part. I can live with that. Videogames though? Good luck seeing companies ever going the Treasure route. that's why I respect Treasure so much.
A big part of the creation of a vidya gaem is the world building and possibly an engine. Once you make one game, the assets and engine are already done so you're just changing the story up and making improvements. It makes a ton of financial sense for a sequel.

Some people enjoy them too, and I'd rather have a sequel than a remake or remaster.

PillarEN

A big part of the creation of a vidya gaem is the world building and possibly an engine. Once you make one game, the assets and engine are already done so you're just changing the story up and making improvements. It makes a ton of financial sense for a sequel.

Some people enjoy them too, and I'd rather have a sequel than a remake or remaster.

Speaking of engines. Didn't Konami fund the Fox Engine? And what have they done with it? A few MGS games and Pro Evo? That seems like a failure on their part to not also let other people use it outside of Konami. for a price of course, not like give it away.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of engines. Didn't Konami fund the Fox Engine? And what have they done with it? A few MGS games and Pro Evo? That seems like a failure on their part to not also let other people use it outside of Konami. for a price of course, not like give it away.
Yeah they developed it.
I think it was only Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes, which really should've been Phantom Pain.

A lot of engines are proprietary, and it's not like you can dump it on another dev and expect them to make the most of it. It's why first parties offer technical assistance when releasing a new console. There is a lot of in-house customization and generally not a ton of documentation specifically because it was in-house. On top of that, it's in Japanese so there is that barrier as well, so could a Japanese dev try to licence it? Possibly, but they're not very big on collaboration be it ideas or tech over there.

When a dev compares all that to something like Unreal, Source, CryEngine or the freedom to build your own, the disadvantages often outweigh the advantages (though Unreal has put out some spectacular graphics and lots of big companies are using it).

PillarEN

Yeah they developed it.
I think it was only Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes, which really should've been Phantom Pain.

A lot of engines are proprietary, and it's not like you can dump it on another dev and expect them to make the most of it. It's why first parties offer technical assistance when releasing a new console. There is a lot of in-house customization and generally not a ton of documentation specifically because it was in-house. On top of that, it's in Japanese so there is that barrier as well, so could a Japanese dev try to licence it? Possibly, but they're not very big on collaboration be it ideas or tech over there.

When a dev compares all that to something like Unreal, Source, CryEngine or the freedom to build your own, the disadvantages often outweigh the advantages (though Unreal has put out some spectacular graphics and lots of big companies are using it).

Ah yeah I should have thought of that too. I was listening to the Scorecast (Japanese studio podcast which is owned by a British dude) and you always hear about those little corporate and cultural differences when it comes to communication and sharing.

zroid

Banned
DSP discussing the Subban trade and the Habs organization: http://twitter.com/3rdperiodsuits

Devante Smith-Pelly was also on Cabbie's podcast and spoke about PK Subban.

Said it felt really, really old school at times in Montreal.

DSP on Subban: "I could see that his personality and the coach's personality just didn't really work."

DSP had a "good feeling" PK would be traded...

"Me being there and seeing how your best player gets treated sometimes, it's like: why?"

Hilarious that people after bitching about RE6, are now bitching about RE7.

Newsflash, when a series is getting stale and bloated, you tear the motherfucker down and start over. Simplify things.

And chances are, even if they made a straight one to one remake of the classic fixed camera RE games, they'd bitch about going into retreaded territory.

zroid

Banned
LOL the World Cup jerseys are going to be sponsored by SAP

they couldn't even get a more relevant sponsor to hockey fans than SAP

that's honestly sad

The Habs are ruining themselves because of this. Old school management is not the way the Habs should go, We are going backwards not forwards. It's an old boys club from the 1950's now.

no surprise they are trying to go through this correlation because that's when they had most of their success

Defenseman while black.

Also, wtf, I thought you hated anime avatars, lol

my love for FeMC knows no bounds

It's 2016, like cmon now. It shouldn't be run this way.

But it is. Whether it's subversive or management says it right to his face, and as long as black players are the minority in hockey (Let's be honest, they will be for the forseeable future, because hockey at it's core is an upper class sport in terms of how much money you have to dump into it, on both side of the border) things won't change.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
When I heard about some advert on the jersey, I figured it was going to look similar to what Euro leagues use. You can barely notice that one.

@wyshynski 27m27 minutes ago
Greg Wyshynski
SAP, whom the NHL is paying to revamp its stats site & provide database, is paying the NHL for jersey sponsorship.

Defenseman while black.

Also, wtf, I thought you hated anime avatars, lol

He's one of us... kinda.

zroid

Banned
That really isn't so bad in the grand scheme of things.

But of course, watch hockey fans lose their shit and try to change things, lol.

And besides, it's only game worn. So who the fuck cares?

Honestly I don't even care about the ads, I just think it's hilarious that it's SAP. These aren't european league jerseys littered with ads, there's one and it's SAP of all things. I'm sure they're going to sell a lot of their analytics services to casual hockey fans.

Honestly I don't even care about the ads, I just think it's hilarious that it's SAP. These aren't european league jerseys littered with ads, there's one and it's SAP of all things. I'm sure they're going to sell a lot of their analytics services to casual hockey fans.

Honestly, loving motorsports where ads have been in since the dawn of time (And some are legendary combos, Gulf and Porsche, John Player Special and Lotus, Marlboro and McLaren, etc) I have been numb to them.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
OMG, Subban missed practice? How dare he!
Apparently it was often, not just an isolated event and I could see how that would eventually start pissing off guys in the room. Doesn't validate the trade in anyeay, I still trade that team before I trade Subban.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Honestly, loving motorsports where ads have been in since the dawn of time (And some are legendary combos, Gulf and Porsche, John Player Special and Lotus, Marlboro and McLaren, etc) I have been numb to them.

I think with cars it looks much better because they usually design it around the car.

The Euro hockey jerseys look like they just went and glued shit all over the place like a 5 year old making a arts and craft project in Kindergarden.

This is just one little patch, on the shoulder and no one is even going to notice it's there.

I do agree that it being SAP is kinda funny though. If they were going to use one, pick Honda. (The official car of the NHL)

I think with cars it looks much better because they usually design it around the car.

The Euro hockey jerseys look like they just went and glued shit all over the place like a 5 year old making a arts and craft project in Kindergarden.

The thing is though, NHL knows that people hate the sort of European style jersey (which, really only applies to hockey, never seen anything like that in any sort of top flight football league) with said ads plastered upon the jersey.

What they go for is probably the CFL route:

rickyray_4671-430x298.jpg

Top Bottom