• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Delryk

Anyone have any idea what the price of tickets will be for the WC? I'm assuming they'll be crazy, but I'd love to try and make it to a game in Toronto.

Still in Montreal?..

Team North America vs. Team Europe World Cup Of Hockey Pre-Tournament Game
6:00 pm Bell Centre, Montreal, QC

you can get Pre-Tourney games in Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec.. from 35 to 150 bucks a ticket

zroid

Banned
WAIT THERE'S PRE TOURNEY GAMES?!

HOLY SHITE 3 WEEKS UNTIL HOCKEY

3 weeks until Matthews :^)

one of the twitter stats guys posted projections for the World Cup -- he has the young guns team with the second best odds of winning behind Canada. I am def rooting for them.

CqEjX8yUEAA28a7.jpg

I wanted some Nietonen salt from Pikma, the playoffs were so long ago :(

I tried looking for Canada vs USA tickets and ticketmaster pretty much shrugged and did nothing. Jank fucking website :mad:

Foggy

3 weeks until Matthews :^)

one of the twitter stats guys posted projections for the World Cup -- he has the young guns team with the second best odds of winning behind Canada. I am def rooting for them.

CqEjX8yUEAA28a7.jpg

Who's their goalie going to be?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
huh... neat concept, perfect way to expose Matthews as a fraud before the season even start. Put a little doubt in everyone's mind just to make it interesting

Matthews has performed pretty much on par with McDavid in his international career... but this will be interesting because it's truly his first NHL competition... and he'll probably be used in a lesser role at first so I don't exactly expect much

This is probably the first time he won't be the go to guy on the team (me being a dummy edit: except for when Eichel was the senior on WJC team d'oh)

Quick

Banned
I'll probably try to watch some World Cup games while I'm out of the country, but I'll be in the opposite timezone.

Chris R

Seeing talk of Payne for the Avs coaching spot... not sure if I'd like that. He was a terrific coach for the local ECHL team, but STL ran him out of town pretty damn quick.......

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Still in Montreal?..

Team North America vs. Team Europe World Cup Of Hockey Pre-Tournament Game
6:00 pm Bell Centre, Montreal, QC

you can get Pre-Tourney games in Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec.. from 35 to 150 bucks a ticket
? I've never lived in Montreal, I live just outside Toronto. Don't really want to bother with pre-tourney games, but I imagine nosebleeds for the legit matchups are around 300-400 at the ACC.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'd rather see my hairy ass get raped on live television

Wait.

You'd rather see it, ok. Seeing something doesn't hurt. But what about the rape itself? Would you rather be penetrated?

Edit: I see, live television. That's a pretty extreme statement. I don't think I would make that exchange.

Delryk

? I've never lived in Montreal, I live just outside Toronto. Don't really want to bother with pre-tourney games, but I imagine nosebleeds for the legit matchups are around 300-400 at the ACC.

ahh thought you were around like boston/montreal for some reason...

then it's even easier!.. just check out ticketmaster.ca :)

imBask

Banned
but for those of you who root for a team far away from them, did you just pick a team you liked or did you just pick the closest team geographically?

Because I mean, I love the Canadiens but it also has to do with how much I love this city, being from around here and growing up here and everything... If I was from somewhere between here and Ottawa i'd probably be Sens fans and etc

but for those of you who root for a team far away from them, did you just pick a team you liked or did you just pick the closest team geographically?

Because I mean, I love the Canadiens but it also has to do with how much I love this city, being from around here and growing up here and everything... If I was from somewhere between here and Ottawa i'd probably be Sens fans and etc

I chose the Caps because they play a run and gun style offense going back to the Boudreau era which is where I hopped into being a fan of them, and lets be honest, scoring goals is always nice.

Helps that Ovi as a whole is quite charismatic and fun to follow.

I mean I don't live in Philly but I was born and raised a Philadelphia fan by my family not so much my parents, but it's always been Philly or die. I used to be on Philly but we moved awhile back to Houston.

I mean I don't live in Philly but I was born and raised a Philadelphia fan by my family not so much my parents, but it's always been Philly or die. I used to be on Philly but we moved awhile back to Houston.

Sometimes it depends on what you were watching as a kid too. My best friend is a Bolts fan, has a bunch of shit signed from the team during the '04 cup run, that's because he watched those teams and fell in love with them.

yyzjohn

Banned

Habs fans who live in Toronto are actually disgruntled Leafs fans who will eventually come back into the fold once Matthews wins us a Cup. Red_Man will change to Blue_Man soon enough.

Marvie_3

Banned
Is the team's name King Power? No? Then why the fuck is it bigger than the team logo? That shit is so wrong and nothing will make me accept it
This. Always laugh when I see someone wearing a london taco bells or madrid ford pintos or any other soccer jersey.

I really like goaltending. Getting exposed to Carey Price at Sochi made me follow the Habs. I never paid attention to the Habs until then, being from the GTA and all... Granted I still follow Toronto way more given personal history, the market, etc. This was pretty much after I got back into following the sport from the Leafs playoff "run" in the lockout season.

I used to legitimately be a Devils fan in the early 2000s for the same reason: Marty Brodeur used to be a wall :')

imBask

Banned
I keep wondering how you guys do it, but then I realize i'm a Jays fan for geographical reasons so it's kind of the same thing. Then again my love for the Jays will never be as strong as any team from around here

basically you're all fake fans and you should stop watching hockey is what i'm saying

Top Bottom