• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

yyzjohn

Banned
Phaneuf got the captaincy because he changed the radio station.

Lol so glad Burke and his cronies are long gone. As soon as he made that Phaneuf trade there was a media campaign to talk about what great leadership he had. Ron Wilson talking about how he came in and right away chose his own music lol. Fuck what a joke Leafs management was back then.

zroid

Banned
48826216abe2431ab36b289fc6c5f946.png

Solo

You really think it's weird they're giving an A to a guy who was the captain of his own team and has been an assistant captain on every Canadian world team before? Nothing weird about it.

Some people have been saying they should just give him the C which is a little over the top.

Not questioning his pedigree or character, those things speak for themselves. Just feels weird to me that despite his resume, dude has played 0 games as a Hab. Oh well, there was a vacant A.

As far as the C, I'm pretty much in favor of stripping it from Casperetty the floating ghost and putting it on, well, fucking anyone else.

Line_HTX

So, is this Attack on Titan anime I've been seeing everywhere any good?

If you like stupid characters or if you like arcs that get stretched out a lot, then go ahead.

IMO it's fucking overrated and I for the life of me do not understand how this thing caught fire with so many people who never watch anime.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Not questioning his pedigree or character, those things speak for themselves. Just feels weird to me that despite his resume, dude has played 0 games as a Hab. Oh well, there was a vacant A.

As far as the C, I'm pretty much in favor of stripping it from Casperetty the floating ghost and putting it on, well, fucking anyone else.

Michel Therrien has heard you.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
lol

Question: You got Auston Matthews number one overall to a lot of fanfare. And yet Auston Matthews is not signed to his entry-level contract as of yet. The second overall pick is. The third overall pick is. How should fans look at that?

Shanahan: They should not be worried at all. I’d like to think — we haven’t been here a long time — but I can promise our fans that our management group didn’t get stupid in two weeks.

imBask

Banned
Hey, lets not get crazy here Imbask

Last season Pacioretty got me wondering if Gionta was a better captain than him and I consider Gionta to be a bottom 3 captain in Habs history. I've never seen a guy give up on a season that way and float around so much the first season he got the C. It's also pretty well known he wasn't a big fan of Subban, so I think it's safe to assume he probably recommended/approved the trade. I really lost a lot of respect for him last season

giphy.gif

Stasis

Man, the US is such a fucking mess.

Edit: Scary shit

Yeah, it's just getting worse. Everytime this shit happens it really makes me question moving back. Gf and I have been considering it, moving to the Bucks County area of PA we love so much.

These constant shootings and the divide really make us hesitate. We'll see what it's like in 5 years-ish when we're ready for a new house. Maybe Montreal will be crazy by then, too.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wow @ cops getting assassinated by sniper fire. What the fuck. Is the US a warzone now?

I'm literally flying to Dallas TONIGHT. Oh boy.

Alucard

Banned
:(

France definitely had some favourable calls. Kinda frustrating to watch

Frustrating is exactly the word I used too. Germany dominated that first half but couldn't bag a goal. Ah well. Go France. Win it so we can get more man child Ronaldo pics and gifs.

Delryk

Wow @ cops getting assassinated by sniper fire. What the fuck. Is the US a warzone now?

I'm literally flying to Dallas TONIGHT. Oh boy.

If you don't live in a bunker in the US.. you might be next.

Hell, even a bunker not not be safe...

edit: fuck it. doesn't work. too early.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah, it's just getting worse. Everytime this shit happens it really makes me question moving back. Gf and I have been considering it, moving to the Bucks County area of PA we love so much.

These constant shootings and the divide really make us hesitate. We'll see what it's like in 5 years-ish when we're ready for a new house. Maybe Montreal will be crazy by then, too.
I have a bunch of family in the States who have been wanting to move back for a couple years now with all the shit that goes on there, but the logistics don't make it easy.

Stasis

I have a bunch of family in the States who have been wanting to move back for a couple years now with all the shit that goes on there, but the logistics don't make it easy.

Yeah it's not a super simple thing. I have dual citizenship and can marry my gf (we're common law, which we're fine with here) to get it for her if we wanted to head there, but even then as a RN she still needs equivalence tests, English tests (she's OK, understands perfectly, but it's not her first language and she gets shy/nervous occasionally) etc etc.

Then it's selling the house, renting for a year to build up US credit, so moving twice. Having a decent savings account to survive a period of X amount of months without work. Ideally we go in both having jobs locked down. Easier for her since nurses are in demand everywhere really. But still, you add in driver's licenses, plates, etc. etc. It's not a smooth thing even for us and our situation is easy compared to most.

Will really need to look into it over the next years and decide. Just the exam to see what she needs to get a nurse license in PA specifically is like $700 all said and done.

I don't know why would anyone not be happy to see Weber play here, you have to dissociate the trade itself and the players

I've been thinking all along that most people around here will LOVE Weber's physical play and bombs from the point tbh. Especially going up against the Broons and shit. Shaw/Weber will be fun to watch there I bet. With a healthy Price, the Habs will be fine. Likely better than the Rangers anyway, since we're just a worse team that last year mostly, unless everyone takes a step forward and some prospects really impress. Meh. In the longer run... we'll see. But he had to go obviously. There were some real issues.

Solo

I don't know why would anyone not be happy to see Weber play here, you have to dissociate the trade itself and the players

I need a new Habs home jersey since my AGally one is now signed and framed. Also, both my current Habs home/away jerseys are from 2014, before they brought back the lace tie up neck. So I need a new red home jersey. It can't be AGally, as my away one and old home one were both him. I'm tempted to do Radulov, but I'm not sure if he'll be a fly-by-night one year and gone guy, or if I should do Price or Weber. Pretty much the only three I might be interested in. And I've never gotten a goalie jersey, not sexy enough. So funny enough, Weber might make most sense.

imBask

Banned
I need a new Habs home jersey since my AGally one is now signed and framed. Also, both my current Habs home/away jerseys are from 2014, before they brought back the lace tie up neck. So I need a new red home jersey. It can't be AGally, as my away one and old home one were both him. I'm tempted to do Radulov, but I'm not sure if he'll be a fly-by-night one year and gone guy, or if I should do Price or Weber. Pretty much the only three I might be interested in. And I've never gotten a goalie jersey, not sexy enough. So funny enough, Weber might make most sense.

i'll probably get a Weber tshirt tbh
to replace my Subban tshirt that I had to throw away this week

I never do players jersey, way too expensive and way too risky

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
oh right that came out, i'll give it a try

i'm not a fan of his style of rap but the last album was alright
It's a perfect mesh, it has some bangers and some really smooth, chill tracks. I just want to listen to it on repeat all day.

Top Bottom