• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Yawnier

Banned
https://twitter.com/MarcPDumont/status/784207153418690560

MK8ElcT.gif

Monster year ahead for the kid

This gif lmao

That was a nice goal though.

Spent the last 20 minutes on the phone trying to figure out what was wrong with my nhl tv subscription. As a Flames fan from the states I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I was in a blackout and neither could the operator.

We both felt like idiots when we realized it was on the NHL network. Definitely a facepalm moment :)

Thank god hockey is back.

Spent the last 20 minutes on the phone trying to figure out what was wrong with my nhl tv subscription. As a Flames fan from the states I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I was in a blackout and neither could the operator.

We both felt like idiots when we realized it was on the NHL network. Definitely a facepalm moment :)

Thank god hockey is back.

Indeed. I can't wait for the regular season

imBask

Banned
Aww man I missed the dopey meltdown :(

Watching the replays, Andersen sure looked good on a couple of those goals... 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Socreges

Banned
Got Galchenyuk in my pool. Really excited. I'm super confident he's gonna to validate me grabbing him with the last pick in the entire draft

I don't know how much stock to put into this game, but I'm worried about Andersen and his pre-season play hasn't done much to help that.

I was happy we got him. Giving up the picks was okay. We need a number one, and he's certainly a good, skilled goalie who has potential to fill that role quite well. However, where I think the Leafs made a mistake -- and what worries me -- is that they gave him a 5/5 million extension right away, before he even suited up for them.

It's just the potential cap issue that worries me.

Pikma

Banned
I don't know how much stock to put into this game, but I'm worried about Andersen and his pre-season play hasn't done much to help that.

I was happy we got him. Giving up the picks was okay. We need a number one, and he's certainly a good, skilled goalie who has potential to fill that role quite well. However, where I think the Leafs made a mistake -- and what worries me -- is that they gave him a 5/5 million extension right away, before he even suited up for them.

Your team will always fucking suck no matter what, there's no need to worry about pointless things.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Shaw looked great tonight, if he can play like that and avoid dumbass penalties more often than not, he'll be perfect on that third line.

Solo

Preseason lol.

That was a very nice give and go between AGally and Radu, hopefully a sign of sign of things to come.

But, we talkin' bout preseason.

It's one game.

If he's like this over a season? Yeah, it's a mistake. Everyone has bad days though. Even Patrick Roy!
when he was playing, his coaching was bad always

They're incredibly different. The analogy I would use is Starship Troopers book vs movie (not quality-wise, just the amount that they differ). I guess people are right to say that you have to treat them as though they have nothing to do with each other. It was a pretty big disappointment to go straight from finishing the book to watching the movie for the first time, though, not knowing that this was the case. I suppose that if you expected it going in, it wouldn't be so jarring. I will, unfortunately, always have a sour impression of the movie because of this.

Did you read the book first or watch the movie first?

Movie first.

Rutger Hauer is why they shouldn't be compared.

And yeah, it's unfortunate you read the book first :(

There's a joke here but I don't follow

Nothing unusual from my usual dialogue then.

(Was just a reference to all the Chuck E Cheese fights that are going on lately, and come on, the idea of both of them fighting at a Chuck E Cheese is fantastic).

Solo

Watched the highlights on TSN and a few things stood out:

- it's going to be a long, painful year of Mathews knob slobbering by the Toronto Sports Network. They started the highlights at 2-0 Habs, showed neither of the Habs first 2 goals, then proceeded to show Matthews scoring a preseason goal 4 times. 4 times.
- on the subject of Matthews, dude legit looks like Miss Piggy.
- AGally made Marner look like a pylon on that goal. Spiritual successor to Phagoof?

Watched the highlights on TSN and a few things stood out:

- it's going to be a long, painful year of Mathews knob slobbering by the Toronto Sports Network. They started the highlights at 2-0 Habs, showed neither of the Habs first 2 goals, then proceeded to show Matthews scoring a preseason goal 4 times. 4 times.
- on the subject of Matthews, dude legit looks like Miss Piggy.
- AGally made Marner look like a pylon on that goal. Spiritual successor to Phagoof?

Marner was barely noticeable that game. He hasn't stood out for me

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I think that game was very indicative of the coming season, sorry Leafs fans. You guys should definitely be worrying.

Foggy

Freddie seems like a real feast or famine type goalie. Still puzzled the Leafs gave him 5 years with Bishop and Fleury on the horizon.

He's going to look even worse behind that defense.

zroid

Banned
Freddie seems like a real feast or famine type goalie. Still puzzled the Leafs gave him 5 years with Bishop and Fleury on the horizon.

He's going to look even worse behind that defense.
Actually that's kind of the opposite of what he's been in his career. his overall numbers are only a bit above average for a starter, but he is known for being very consistent. based on quality start % (which is a somewhat dubious stat, admittedly), he's been one of the top goalies iirc. hard to fully uncouple that from playing behind Anaheim's Defence tho. yesterday's game was just bad anyways, he let in at least 3 muffins.

Every time Hampus Lindholm posts to his Instagram account, I just sit there frumpy like an angry child... Staring at his dumb life. Wearing those dumb shoes of his... Smiling that dumb smile... Doing stuff with his life THAT ISN'T BEING AT TRAINING CAMP OR PRESEASON FOR FUCKS SAKE LINDHOLM YOU FUCK

Quick

Banned
Marner was barely noticeable that game. He hasn't stood out for me

2 of the 3 young "stars" are busts, who would've thought

I think that game was very indicative of the coming season, sorry Leafs fans. You guys should definitely be worrying.

But Zeititsef thooo

Wouldn't trade a Kadri for Trouba thooo

It's the last gasp of impotent defiance before the regular season crushes them.

Build their confidence just to watch them implode even harder later on? you're the best Creeper

Shhhhhhhh

6cNLE.gif

Top Bottom