• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Foggy

Actually that's kind of the opposite of what he's been in his career. his overall numbers are only a bit above average for a starter, but he is known for being very consistent. based on quality start % (which is a somewhat dubious stat, admittedly), he's been one of the top goalies iirc. hard to fully uncouple that from playing behind Anaheim's Defence tho. yesterday's game was just bad anyways, he let in at least 3 muffins.

My eye test is infallible

Razorskin

----- ------
Every time Hampus Lindholm posts to his Instagram account, I just sit there frumpy like an angry child... Staring at his dumb life. Wearing those dumb shoes of his... Smiling that dumb smile... Doing stuff with his life THAT ISN'T BEING AT TRAINING CAMP OR PRESEASON FOR FUCKS SAKE LINDHOLM YOU FUCK

Lindholm and Rakell would rather starve in Sweden than play for Carlyle.

Samyy

Every time Hampus Lindholm posts to his Instagram account, I just sit there frumpy like an angry child... Staring at his dumb life. Wearing those dumb shoes of his... Smiling that dumb smile... Doing stuff with his life THAT ISN'T BEING AT TRAINING CAMP OR PRESEASON FOR FUCKS SAKE LINDHOLM YOU FUCK

Well its not his fault Anaheim can't pay him what he's worth, he's easily one of the best young defencemen in the league and he should probably be getting something close to Ekblad money.

Lindholm and Rakell would rather starve in Sweden than play for Carlyle.

THESE BOYS NEED TO LEARN THE HARD WAY ABOUT WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A DUCK TRAINING UNDER RANDALL

Well its not his fault Anaheim can't pay him what he's worth, he's easily one of the best young defencemen in the league and he should probably be getting something close to Ekblad money.

THAT EKBLAD DEAL FUCKED THE ECONOMY. ENTIRELY. FUCKED. THE. ECONOMY.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
it's amazing how salty habs gaf is after they won a meaningless preseason game

i guess it's because they know this will be the only time to celebrate a win against us this year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cake Boss

Banned

i guess it's because they know this will be the only time to celebrate a win against us this year ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Says the guy who was drooling on his own dick, while it's hanging out of his pee hole from his leafs pajamas, while it thrusts on its own everytime some shitty marlies prospect got a shot against the sens, or had some zone time in a meaningless preseason game.

calder

I would absolutely give him 6.5/yr for 6 years. IN A HEARTBEAT.

Call me Ducks peeps, you can take Trouba. He'll probably sign for 5.5aav or less, think of the savings!

calder

calder no

giphy.gif

zroid

Banned
oh lord I just walked into a starbucks and saw the most starbucksy thing of all time

there were like 7 people, all seated in a row at their own tables, all staring at 7 identical looking Macbooks. I had to restrain myself from laughing.

oh lord I just walked into a starbucks abd saw the most starbucksy thing of all time

there were like 7 people, all seated in a row at their own tables, all staring ay 7 identical looking Macbooks. I had to restrain myself from laughing.

I had pumpkin spiced bread today.. does that count?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers now have a team of 24, though that includes Oscar Lindberg, who is injured and will not be ready for the start of the season. I wouldn't be shocked if they put him on LTIR just to give them some flexibility, since his expected timeline didn't have him set to return until November most likely anyway. That will also give them some time to try some different looks in the bottom half of the lineup.

So assuming they don't drop a defenseman for cap reasons before next Thursday (which I don't think they'll have to), this is the opening night 23-man New York Rangers roster:

kg6yLYQ.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Says the guy who was drooling on his own dick, while it's hanging out of his pee hole from his leafs pajamas, while it thrusts on its own everytime some shitty marlies prospect got a shot against the sens, or had some zone time in a meaningless preseason game.

You have such a way with words. <3

Either way I've stood by it and I'm on record I fully understand and expect next level salt coming to the Leafs.

The Auston Matthews coverage is ridiculous but not unexpected. Poor kid is going to be hated by every Canadian team's fanbase before game 5. Last night was the perfect example:

"Leafs lose 6-1 but who cares it's about Auston Matthews he scored his first goal and not just on some weak ass goalie, oh no my friends it was on Carey Price...the greatest goalie in the world. Obviously this kid is one of the best. I won't put him above Connor McDavid...but he should give him a run I feel"

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't even think the Leafs are making the playoffs this year, but the behavior surrounding this game is bizarre.
It's not really a big deal, just entertaining as hell watching them get caved in after Dopeys arrogant bullshit and delusion we've had to listen to all summer, like this:

i guess it's because they know this will be the only time to celebrate a win against us this year ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯
And everyone knows how Dopey would be planning the parade if he the Leafs won 6-1 and Marner had scored two goals, and how this means a lot even if it's just preseason.

This season is going to be fun if preseason salt is anything to go by.
It's been a long time since I could really get into a game, I'm ready for the season

giphy.gif

calder

James Mirtle @mirtle
Brandon Prust showing Nielsen and Marner some fighting strategy today at practice.

I'm not a fan of the concept of "enforcers" getting roster spots in this day and age but seeing a bust first round pick like Marner trying to change his game to say in the NHL is totally understandable.

imBask

Banned
Next Brandon Prust will take the kids to bars and show them how to pick up hookers and painkillers for cheap!

thank god for Brand Prust, helping the Canadiens again this year

Top Bottom