• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Great round of golf on Wednesday...terrible round today. I hate golf.

Just kidding.
Going golfing for the first time in 3-4 years for a bachelor party tomorrow, and I'm kind of dreading it. I just want to drive the cart around and drink.

ShaneB

Going golfing for the first time in 3-4 years for a bachelor party tomorrow, and I'm kind of dreading it. I just want to drive the cart around and drink.

No need to feel dread! Just have fun, I imagine the scorecard will be the last thing on everyone's mind! Enjoy!

iLLmAtlc

Didn't think I'd like my first golfing trip either, but honestly it's a pretty easy game to enjoy. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

e: o nvm you've been already lol

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Big willlllllyy

13722202_712054042259611_215862797_n_zpsfvfadcnb.jpg~original

zroid

Banned
So today is the anniversary of the Lou hiring

that was a shocker and most of Leafs-Age was freaking out at the time, but I think overall it's worked out... so far. Certainly the Phaneuf trade was a big win, and I'm not sure the Leafs could have done that without him.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So today is the anniversary of the Lou hiring

that was a shocker and most of Leafs-Age was freaking out at the time, but I think overall it's worked out... so far. Certainly the Phaneuf trade was a big win, and I'm not sure the Leafs could have done that without him.
Ummmm I thought old man Murray orchestrated that. They were looking for D and somehow got a Dion.

zroid

Banned
Ummmm I thought old man Murray orchestrated that. They were looking for D and somehow got a Dion.

Murray may have asked about Dion but it wasn't like Clarkson where the deal just landed in Nonis' lap. Lou negotiated the terms, especially the salary non-retention which was crucial.

Just speculating but it's also likely that Lou had been sending out feelers on moving Dion all season since that's obviously something they needed to do for the rebuild.

edit: From TLN lol

CoAyXcLXgAA8Bp8.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
For all of Habs-Gaf that hates on Timmons for his Fishcer and Leblanc trade, here's a great article showing how good he is at drafting:

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/n...ting-trevor-timmins-bergevin-amateur-scouting

Summed up, he's had average success with first round picks, which in part is due to we having picked 17th on average due to being so mediocre over the last decade, but he picks up in the 2nd and late rounds. Overall Montreal has the highest average games played by draft picks of any team since 2003, and are 8th overall in points per pick since the same time.

imBask

Banned
For all of Habs-Gaf that hates on Timmons for his Fishcer and Leblanc trade, here's a great article showing how good he is at drafting:

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/n...ting-trevor-timmins-bergevin-amateur-scouting

Summed up, he's had average success with first round picks, which in part is due to we having picked 17th on average due to being so mediocre over the last decade, but he picks up in the 2nd and late rounds. Overall Montreal has the highest average games played by draft picks of any team since 2003, and are 8th overall in points per pick since the same time.

The thing is, people always come back with this "GP/picks" argument and that doesn't necessarly make him good... and of course he has the best pts/picks average, he just has more games played than anyone else in the league, but barely any of them have any meaningful impact

The results essentially have just not been sufficient in the first round by any means, and the Canadiens need to improve in this area dramatically in order to close the talent gap with the top teams in the league.

Again I don't blame him for everything. the couple of great players he drafted got traded, 2 of them in arguably 2 of the worst trades in the franchise history. BUT his first round picks were a big part of why this team had his darkest years and people always try to push that shit aside to defend him. You can't build on picks like Kostistyn, Chipchura, Perezhogin, Higgins, Komisarek, Fischer, Leblanc, Tinordi and Kristo. That is how you end up with what we've had and he's (in part) responsible for it. Everyone else got fired or left and yet he's still here because of that 2007 draft

stupid sexy timmins

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Holland clears

Rest in pieces Dopey

this should help drag down his arb award though

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

The only thing he has to claim for himself is he'll have a spot wedged in between the leafs and marlies as depth and there really isn't anyone coming up on C. That's it.

The only reason he has a place this year is because Nylander is going to wing before going back to C.

imBask

Banned
why would he refuse any offer... he's going to play with generational talent Marner, generational talent Nylander, generational talent Matthews and generational talent Marincin

Top Bottom