• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Socreges

Banned
Lol cock boss

I get your essential point but saying things like:

I like some diversity in my games. Been playing a white guy for 20 years now.

something more interesting than another mid aged white guy looking for his white family story in the wild west part 2.

is inevitably going to send your thread, in part, in a certain direction.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol excuse my ignorance, but I didn't think the mentioning of white people would cause such a stir, I didn't think white people needed to be defended so much these days.

My apologies. I am just so used to this bubble.

Quick

Banned
you CAN have a minority character, but not including one doesn't make your game any less good, or racist, or sexist. I think that's what some of them are trying to say, because there's a lot of "diversity for diversity sake" arguments on the gaming side

that being said i'd play the SHIT out of a Red Dead Django. That would be a dope ass setup

Pretty shit way of explaining themselves, but I think more diversity is needed in gaming as well.

Socreges

Banned
Lol excuse for my ignorance, but I didn't think the mentioning of white people would cause such a stir, I didn't think white people needed to be defended so much these days.

My apologies. I am just so used to this bubble.
Just saying. Your love for hyperbole (which you just did again!) is obviously going to invite debate. If you can't take the heat stay out of the anonymous man-child forum.

Gaming side is different to be sure. In a thread about Pokedates, some people defended thirsty creeps hitting on a woman playing Pokemon Go.

so yall saying Matthews will be a 10 million per year player who's never scored a point per game in a full season before? I can dig it.

It comes with 3 Cups and 2 Olympic gold medals.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Gaming side is different to be sure. In a thread about Pokedates, some people defended thirsty creeps hitting on a woman playing Pokemon Go.

wait what? What's wrong with pointing out a mutual interest as a conversation starter? Are men not allowed to just talk up women in public anymore?

RC

Banned
So I'm in small town Ohio again, but Dayton is only 15 minutes away.
Any of you Ohio gaffers know where all the trashy tattooed women hang out? Aside from the strip club.

zroid

Banned
and food can't "expire" it can just get moldy/stale/useanyothersynonym

what's your point here

i don't understand why you're trying to pick apart whether fruits can expire or not

something expires when its past its assigned expiration date. by definition.

edit: the whole point of expiration dates is to prevent you from eating something BEFORE it spoils. Being expired and being spoiled are not remotely the same thing.

wait what? What's wrong with pointing out a mutual interest as a conversation starter? Are men not allowed to just talk up women in public anymore?

I don't know if you read the thread, but the "mutual interest" became persistence, offering a number despite receiving no interest, and unsolicited offers to "go somewhere to catch strong Pokemon".

I'm loathe to say "aww they're just socially awkward nerds" because it shouldn't be an excuse for being creepy and making women uncomfortable.

zroid

Banned
the worst thing about this heat wave might be how late into the day it's extending...

usually when it's hot in the day, it cools off in the evening, but it's like 33C right now at 8pm! the mid-day high was 35C or something.

Socreges

Banned
the worst thing about this heat wave might be how late into the day it's extending...

usually when it's hot in the day, it cools off in the evening, but it's like 33C right now at 8pm! the mid-day high was 35C or something.
BPeSwqjCEAM2xT-.jpg

"It's too hot to argue semantics"

iLLmAtlc

Holy shit thank goodness we don't got that heat here

Also do you guys ever deal with neck pain? Mine hasn't healed for like 2 weeks almost.

I don't recall any specific injury either.

zroid

Banned
Holy shit thank goodness we don't got that heat here

Also do you guys ever deal with neck pain? Mine hasn't healed for like 2 weeks almost.

I don't recall any specific injury either.
Ugh I had a really annoying neck/back injury a month or so ago. Don't even know what caused it but it was bugging me for at least 2 weeks I'd say.

Cake Boss

Banned
Father soc, you seem like you bring in some dough, just get a 480, more future proof. Get one for me while you are at it. For your lovely child.

Papa 😘

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I should've let Soc hit me with the car, he seems like he's got good insurance.

On a more serious note: I'm planning to go somewhere out east for Thanksgiving weekend, I've been to Montreal (would go again tho) and Toronto (would not go again, maybe if I just go to Niagara) already. Where should I go next? Quebec City or Ottawa seem the most obvious touristy-destinations, what else is there?

Only criterium: has to have an airport more or less nearby.

Socreges

Banned
Father soc, you seem like you bring in some dough, just get a 480, more future proof. Get one for me while you are at it. For your lovely child.

Papa 😘
w7xzmQB.gif

If you're saying that because I've got cable now, we saved for years. And it's the basic package. Did I have to get all 5 TSN channels? Maybe not. But sometimes a man needs a little opulence in his life.

Looking at the 480 now. Reasonably priced. How does it compare to the new 1070? And what the fuck is the difference between Gigabyte, AMD, Asus, etc? Where can I read about this shit without having to glean it from a thousand reviews?

TUSR

Banned
480 comparable to the 1060

1070 is much better than the two

AMD and nVidia are the two big players and make their own cards

additional companies make reference cards which adhere to the original design by the manufacturer.

TUSR

Banned
Ok just tell me this... Best value between $300-400 CDN?

Last question. Ill stop hijacking this thread

you can get a EVGA one for under 400CAD, though the clock speed seems a bit lower.

ask the hardware thread guys before purchasing. they know a hell of a lot more than i do.

Top Bottom