• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I think bell DNS

I call up and they're all like... Your modem is old as fuck let's replace!

So now I have no service except for my access to youtube and I have no idea why

Every other website redirects to a modem setup which fails every time now heh

Guess it's Mitch marner highlight night

eyeless

7fiI5zd.jpg
dis decent photoshop is the most real it's felt

finally gonna have another 1c wear the jersey 🙏🙏🙏😭😭 it's beautiful

That kpop thread on OT side is fucking hilarious. As usual, kpop-GAF shows why I got out of that fandom as a whole a long time ago. Everybody's fucking delusional, none of them can see the forest for the trees when their precious idols or groups get criticized

RC

Banned
So let me tell you about my shitty week gentlemen:

My boss was supposed to go on a business trip this week but was "too sick" to make the flight. So with one day's notice I went in his place, unprepared.
Mostly I'd be driving between appointments, staying in different cities every night.
There was only one flight in between the trip on Tuesday, from Wshington DC to Indianopolis, which of course gets delayed than ultimately cancelled due to a mechanical issue. Managed to get another flight the next morning which would get me in Indianoplis in time for at least one appointment. (Couldn't make the other 3)
But there were no hotels available close by so I had to sleep at the airport. The hotel voucher I was given was completely useless.
So early Wednesday I get to Indianopolis and drive three hours to the appointment half awake. Then I drove another three hours afterwords to some small city (Romulus, the Trek reference was lost by everybody) Michigan to check into my hotel.
The rest of the week went without hitch until today. I'm
Stuck in Chicago now because of thunderstorms. My flights been delayed 6 times. And baring another (very likely) delay, I'll be back in Vancouver by 3am.

Sorry for the rant, but I've had the worst luck with flights this week. Also United fucking sucks.

I went to my first Final Fantasy: Distant Worlds show today. Absolutely incredible.

What a performance. Been wanting to go for a very long time and was finally able to!

iLLmAtlc

So let me tell you about my shitty week gentlemen:

My boss was supposed to go on a business trip this week but was "too sick" to make the flight. So with one day's notice I went in his place, unprepared.
Mostly I'd be driving between appointments, staying in different cities every night.
There was only one flight in between the trip on Tuesday, from Wshington DC to Indianopolis, which of course gets delayed than ultimately cancelled due to a mechanical issue. Managed to get another flight the next morning which would get me in Indianoplis in time for at least one appointment. (Couldn't make the other 3)
But there were no hotels available close by so I had to sleep at the airport. The hotel voucher I was given was completely useless.
So early Wednesday I get to Indianopolis and drive three hours to the appointment half awake. Then I drove another three hours afterwords to some small city (Romulus, the Trek reference was lost by everybody) Michigan to check into my hotel.
The rest of the week went without hitch until today. I'm
Stuck in Chicago now because of thunderstorms. My flights been delayed 6 times. And baring another (very likely) delay, I'll be back in Vancouver by 3am.

Sorry for the rant, but I've had the worst luck with flights this week. Also United fucking sucks.

wow props for warrioring thru that. i'd probably be a wreck dealing with all that shit.

and honestly that was no rant, just a story. rant would be like hammering down how stupid everyone responsible for your misfortune is.

RC

Banned
wow props for warrioring thru that. i'd probably be a wreck dealing with all that shit.

and honestly that was no rant, just a story. rant would be like hammering down how stupid everyone responsible for your misfortune is.

Fuck you clouds! Better?

Yes, we're boarding!

Curufinwe

I went to my first Final Fantasy: Distant Worlds show today. Absolutely incredible.

What a performance. Been wanting to go for a very long time and was finally able to!

I would like to go to the one in Newark in January, but a 2 hour drive to Jersey in the middle of winter is a real turn off. Why couldn't it be in Philly.

Yawnier

Banned
2 hour and 45 minute set from GnR. So fuckin good.

Was Axl late coming on stage?

I went to see them around 2010-2011 and GnR didn't even play their first song until around midnight. And their was some random emo dude who played the guitar instead of Slash.

Quick

Banned
Just walked into the office to notice that the fish we have in a pond are dead.

Not what I wanted to see today. Along with many other things.

Quick

Banned
One of my superiors is asking me to try and save the last fish (turns out, one is still barely alive), and I think I made it worse. She suggested that I put it in the bucket and pour it back into the pond. Now it won't even move its fin to swim around.

Socreges

Banned
One of my superiors is asking me to try and save the last fish (turns out, one is still barely alive), and I think I made it worse. She suggested that I put it in the bucket and pour it back into the pond. Now it won't even move its fin to swim around.
You're definitely gonna get a sharply worded email from the vice president.

yyzjohn

Banned
Just found out a cousin of mine tricked his mother (my aunt) into mortgaging her house most likely cause he needed drug money. They lost the house. I can't believe I have relatives like this. (admittedly I haven't seen / talked to this side of the family for years)

Changing water temps will not help it. TBH if they all died quickly it's probably a contaminant like copper in the water so it's already dead. You can try pushing and pulling it in the water for some fish CPR.

Just found out a cousin of mine tricked his mother (my aunt) into mortgaging her house most likely cause he needed drug money. They lost the house. I can't believe I have relatives like this. (admittedly I haven't seen / talked to this side of the family for years)

Jesus christ.

That is legitimately terrible and scummy.

Marvie_3

Banned
Dang I still haven't seen a Charmander D:
It was the first one I had seen.

Was Axl late coming on stage?

I went to see them around 2010-2011 and GnR didn't even play their first song until around midnight. And their was some random emo dude who played the guitar instead of Slash.
Nah they were right on time. I wouldnt have even gone if it was still the Axl & Friends garbage.

Quick

Banned
You're definitely gonna get a sharply worded email from the vice president.

Funny enough, he's been radio silent (for the most part) in the last month or so. He emailed me last week to send some documents to someone he knows, and that was it.

I sent in a report, and I got back the next day and saw a reply from him. I might've clenched up to prepare for the worst.

Turns out, it was just an automated message saying he's away. lol

Changing water temps will not help it. TBH if they all died quickly it's probably a contaminant like copper in the water so it's already dead. You can try pushing and pulling it in the water for some fish CPR.

I figured as much. One of my other superiors came by and took out the dead fish and cleaned up the water. The lone fish is still in there floating on its side and breathing slowly.

Quick

Banned
All the fish are now dead. RIP.

Quick you seem to have a lot of superiors

It's really quite a mess. Guess I never really made it clear how the hierarchy at my job works. Here's how it shakes down:

Me < Boss < VP

But my company is working with another company, and I was assigned to work there.

So, it shakes down now to:

Me < Boss = other company senior figures, president of other company's assistant < VP = president of other company

Asking for approval for certain things?

Me: "Hey Boss, is this okay?"

Boss: "Quick, better talk to [one of the other company's senior figures] about that."

Me: "No problem. Let me go check him/her."

One of the other company's senior figures: "Quick, better ask [other company president] about that."

Me: "No problem. Let me go check with him."

President: "Quick, what does [my company VP] have to say about this?"

VP: "Quick, looks okay, better check with [other company president]."

Other company's president's assistant: "Yeah, this is probably okay. Let me just confirm it with [other company president]."

Me: "No problem."

Other company's president's assistant: "Actually, can you check with [Boss] just to be sure?"

Me:

rwEdw6N.gif

Top Bottom