• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Of all the things America needs to fix, adopting the f'ing metric system is pretty low on the list.

In other news, someone tell me how to feel about Luke Schenn at 2 yrs $2.5m? Seems like the ultimate Coyotes type move.

They already tried doing it in the 70s. In fact, president Ford signed an act in an attempt to convert the US to metric. It just wasn't fully adopted. We use it in some instances, but mostly not.

Nowadays, I mean.

Also I didn't know that.

At the last moment (in the Senate if I;m not mistaken) an provision making it optional was added. Really only the drink industry went along which is why we sell liters of coke.

Marvie_3

Banned
We've gotta fix this traffic light.
Fuck that. The bridge over there is crumbling.
OK when's that getting fixed?
Meh.
Stuff gets fixed here. It just takes a disaster to happen first. Minnesota fixed a lot of bridges after one of the interstate bridges in minneapolis collapsed.

Regardless of the size and structure of some player contracts nowadays, the total sum of all players must still equal 50% of revenue by year-end, so I don't think these big bonus contracts will really bring about a new lockout by themselves. All it means is certain teams will have self-inflicted cap wounds that they'll need to work around, or they won't be as competitive for a while and hopefully learn from their mistakes.

Leaf-wise, I'm OK with the Holland contract if only because it gives us a chance to still get something for him - I don't see him in the team's future at all, he'll be lucky to get a regular spot this season IMO.

Excited to hear about possibly getting Enroth though, our goaltending should be fairly set. He's definitely the best pick of the free agents - I think the only thing that concerns people is what the new smaller equipment will do to his game, given his small size already. Speaking of which, NHL still hasn't provided any final figures for those, have they? Cutting it kind of close for this season. . .

Curufinwe

Regardless of the size and structure of some player contracts nowadays, the total sum of all players must still equal 50% of revenue by year-end, so I don't think these big bonus contracts will really bring about a new lockout by themselves. All it means is certain teams will have self-inflicted cap wounds that they'll need to work around, or they won't be as competitive for a while and hopefully learn from their mistakes.

I see "contracts like X will lead to a lockout" all the time, but with the players losing roughly 15% of their paychecks to escrow to maintain the 50/50 split I'm not sure why so many people think that.

I live in a pretty urban area, work takes me mainly around urban areas but there are times I get to go out to properties way out in the mountains and it makes me want to drop it and move out here. I mean look at the view from the living room:

xdmufjP.jpg
PCVHDdt.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Trump now ahead of Clinton in the polls

I will grant political asylum if you promise not to be as crazy as my ex-roommate

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member

I will grant political asylum if you promise not to be as crazy as my ex-roommate

There's still the DNC and the presidential debates later on. I'll worry if Trump somehow manages to get a lead during or after the debates.

Quick

Banned
I live in a pretty urban area, work takes me mainly around urban areas but there are times I get to go out to properties way out in the mountains and it makes me want to drop it and move out here. I mean look at the view from the living room:

That's really nice. I wish I have the opportunity to drive out of the city more often.

I went up north at a cottage for an entire weekend last month, and it's been a highlight for me this summer since I was just able to get away from everything.

I see "contracts like X will lead to a lockout" all the time, but with the players losing roughly 15% of their paychecks to escrow to maintain the 50/50 split I'm not sure why so many people think that.

Because players are demanding buyout proof contracts with huge signing bonuses..

And as if the NHL is satisfied with 50/50 split.

ShaneB

That is an amazing view. I share a similar mindset, was visiting friends in St John's, NL a couple weeks ago, and again I was just in awe of the vistas that are common there. Even being in my hometown for Christmas my favourite part is being down to the cabin and having breakfast with a great view of the frozen lake and tree line in the distance, etc etc.

That's really nice. I wish I have the opportunity to drive out of the city more often.

I went up north at a cottage for an entire weekend last month, and it's been a highlight for me this summer since I was just able to get away from everything.

Mentioned it before, but it's half the reason I golf so much, I play at Cardinal up in King. Love being up there away from everything after work.

Yay! Smelly and I are going to be roommates.

Loophole: I'll start dating Smelly's crazy ex-roommate so she's at the house. It will be bad for me as well, but I'm a malicious guy.

Smiley90

Yay! Smelly and I are going to be roommates.

Loophole: I'll start dating Smelly's crazy ex-roommate so she's at the house. It will be bad for me as well, but I'm a malicious guy.

Do you have tattoos and are a bad-boy from a broken-down, incestuous dumpster-fire of a town?

Wait, Boulder, you'll be right her type!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Canada's way too close by. You're going to get all the fallout whether you like it or not.

Personally, I'm looking at New Zealand. Nobody's gonna nuke that shit.

Smiley90

Canada's way too close by. You're going to get all the fallout whether you like it or not.

Personally, I'm looking at New Zealand. Nobody's gonna nuke that shit.

I'll take you to Switzerland, just handcuff yourself to my briefcase for cover

Quick

Banned
Mentioned it before, but it's half the reason I golf so much, I play at Cardinal up in King. Love being up there away from everything after work.

Had to look up where King is, but that's not too far out of the city. Seems like a good distance to play golf away but still be close enough to the city.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone who played Mario Maker, watch the latest SGDQ segment with the game: https://youtu.be/FJV86j1-DuE

Every time they do this I'm learning new things you can do with the game. I had no idea you could grab a trampoline, and wall-jump while continuously throwing/catching it, and the levels are all really fun to watch.

ShaneB

Had to look up where King is, but that's not too far out of the city. Seems like a good distance to play golf away but still be close enough to the city.

Should've said I don't quite understand why Cardinal deems its location as King, the course is actually farther north than what google maps will show King as.

It's more Newmarket-ish. Or at least right in between both.

Top Bottom