• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Quick

Banned
So, I have the option to fly back to Asia for a couple of weeks to attend a wedding in just over a month from now. My mom wants someone to fly with her, but I don't really know what else I'd be doing other than attend the wedding. I'll probably see relatives who I don't really know/remember for at least the first week (when the wedding is happening), and the second week seems completely up in the air.

Should I go?

I also have the opportunity to fly back early next year roughly for the same amount of time, but with another country tacked on. I can afford both, I'm pretty sure.

I've been itching to go on a trip, and this popped up. Not exactly what I had in mind though.

:(

I was actually in shock and figured I couldn't have heard what I did.

Joking aside, I was legitimately uncomfortable with that joke. Pretty sure Smelly and I were on the same mindset.

zroid

Banned
welp

661e97628590467990c48c4c912bf1fb.png

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Leafs rebuild is centered on 2015/2016 drafts

20 prospects from draft + zaitsev, hyman, soshnikov, rychel, lindberg, carrick, kapanen, leipsic, marincin, moore

There would have been zero point trying to get him now as it's already far too late in our rebuild

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So, I have the option to fly back to Asia for a couple of weeks to attend a wedding in just over a month from now. My mom wants someone to fly with her, but I don't really know what else I'd be doing other than attend the wedding. I'll probably see relatives who I don't really know/remember for at least the first week (when the wedding is happening), and the second week seems completely up in the air.

Should I go?

I also have the opportunity to fly back early next year roughly for the same amount of time, but with another country tacked on. I can afford both, I'm pretty sure.

I've been itching to go on a trip, and this popped up. Not exactly what I had in mind though.

Joking aside, I was legitimately uncomfortable with that joke. Pretty sure Smelly and I were on the same mindset.

Do both. If things don't work out and you're in debt and can't pay it back, the government will take care of you. Opulence!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fuck off.

What's wrong with you?

The prospects we have need evaluation and growth time. At the moment, going forward, we have essentially half our roster set for sure. Any input he would have would be with players coming in during a window in which we are already competitive.

We don't need an overhaul of our pool anymore. Leafs will be looking at trading picks as early as this season in order to position themselves better going forward.

There's a reason why the Leafs were going USNTDP/International at the last draft. Longer holding of rights.

My point is... McCrimmon coming here now would be a waste of his talents, and he'd get no credit as the majority of the heavy lifting is already complete.

Quick

Banned
Do both. If things don't work out and you're in debt and can't pay it back, the government will take care of you. Opulence!

I'm really more concerned over possible awkwardness of having nothing to bring to the table with discussions. Last time I was there to see family, I pretty much just sat in a corner and did nothing.

I mean, I can't keep talking about my Phil Kessel shops...can I?

But seriously, I've been flipping back and forth on this all day and I need to decide ASAP.

Eugh, you people make me wish I was back in Portland. Did a stopover during my NA stint. Bloody awesome city in a few unique ways.

too much work to filter out the memes from everything else

Sorry I was implying it was garbage, like reddit is.

My buddy linked me a post on 4chan that was a screenshot of my post in the Dota OT here.

ok that's creepy

Exactly. And NHL-GAF itself has a bunch of socially inept people. Tabris, Sanjuro, Red_Man, etc

I believe you;re missing a certain Dastardbly Jwek

On the subject of Tabris, I think one of two things is applicable with him:

1: What he's saying about himself is actually true, and if so, wow no wonder he's still single if that's the case.

2: He's actually a troll playing the long con game, if that's the case, then he needs some sort of help.

A very perfect summation. Could've used the words 'lacking self awareness', but I'll take it.

you have a PM

EH BOYS YA HEAR THIS? WE GOT OURSELVES AH FACKIN' PRIME MINISTAH!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
:(

I was actually in shock and figured I couldn't have heard what I did.

Should I go?

Yeah I pretty much had the same reaction as Kave. It's something we can joke about but not something I'd ever say in person&public, it was like a smelly-stereotype-joke had come to life

I was definitely thinking "did this just really happen"

Stasis

please tell me they still own it and are planning to sell it for 100x the price

my grandma's family used to own a mansion/villa at Lake Zurich (where houses all go >10Mio to unpayable), but they sold it like 30 years ago when prices were deflated

WE COULD BE SO RICH

Dad bought a condo in Greenwich Village, for like 800k about 10 years back. Sold that shit for 2.7M a few years ago. Could easily get close to 4M now. The new owners are renting it out (successfully...) for 13k a month. My dad isn't super wise. He's fine but future? Fuck.

It's in our DNA. A bunch of land Disney World was built on belonged to our family at some point and was sold for peanuts basically. My grandma still has old deeds. Painful.

My girlfriend's family is better so we've aligned ourselves with them. Bought into a new up and coming development day one basically. Plots already going for $30k more a year in and still selling like hotcakes. We good. If Belmont can help us finish our damn patio =P

Edit: is this opulent enough for a sirbat mention? #ruffledsheets #babyfood #brisket

Edit2late: I'm like 5 mins from Price. So I guess 5 mins from bff Weber soon too? So excite. Property values. Much gain. Wow.

Even just looking at properties in the GTA makes me wonder how I could even afford it. My current salary doesn't feel like it would cut it at all...

I've been looking into the Detroit area and Texas in general since there are many more jobs in my field. But I like Canada :/

Marvie_3

Banned
Even just looking at properties in the GTA makes me wonder how I could even afford it. My current salary doesn't feel like it would cut it at all...

I've been looking into the Detroit area and Texas in general since there are many more jobs in my field. But I like Canada :/
Houses there are like $75 each. You could buy a whole block.

Pikma

Banned

Do you want to die young?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really more concerned over possible awkwardness of having nothing to bring to the table with discussions. Last time I was there to see family, I pretty much just sat in a corner and did nothing.

But seriously, I've been flipping back and forth on this all day and I need to decide ASAP.

Do you have many family members there around your age?

If you do, you could always hang out with them, unless for some reason they want nothing to do with you. For me, family members are always willing to show me around if I'm visiting.

I'd go regardless, but I don't usually get many chances to travel to other countries.

Quick

Banned
Do you have many family members there around your age?

If you do, you could always hang out with them, unless for some reason they want nothing to do with you. For me, family members are always willing to show me around if I'm visiting.

I'd go regardless, but I don't usually get many chances to travel to other countries.

I do have people my age. Not sure how well we'll get along or if. I wasn't close to most of the ones close to my age a a kid and I haven't seen them in over 5 years. I spent an afternoon with them at a family gathering when I flew back at the time.

Thanks Schuey and Kuro. I decided to go, if only for my mom.

Just do it.

I do have people my age. Not sure how well we'll get along or if. I wasn't close to most of the ones close to my age a a kid and I haven't seen them in over 5 years. I spent an afternoon with them at a family gathering when I flew back at the time.

Thanks Schuey and Kuro. I decided to go, if only for my mom.
Care to share where in Asia? If you can afford it I think you should go either way!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Only current NHL players at Kessels cup party were Phaneuf and Subban. Kessel inviting Subban is kind of surprising.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
If Schuey can survive 75 years in the albertan maple syrup mines, rocktopus can survive in Detroit.

What if SCHUEY is immortal tho

:O

So Schuey's real name is Connor MacLeod?

Lol

I've actually feel pretty old lately. Joints are cracking more, hurt my wrist a few hockey games ago which I should probably go to the doctor for. All that maple syrup is slowly killing me.

trifelife

Lol

I've actually feel pretty old lately. Joints are cracking more, hurt my wrist a few hockey games ago which I should probably go to the doctor for. All that maple syrup is slowly killing me.

You gotta get on that yoga grind. I'm about to turn 29 and I feel better physically than I did for most of my 20s.

Quick

Banned
So, yeah. Looks like I'm flying to that wedding. Ticket's booked and I'm pretty sure my passport's still okay.

Who said that

It was a big group, and I didn't catch everyone's name/GAF username. It was someone from the opposite side of Smelly and me.

I was sitting beside Smelly and when Kave walked in, someone said something along the lines of, "Better hide your wallets" or "Watch out, your wallet might get stolen."

Smelly and I just looked at each other like "wtf did someone just say that?"

Pikma

Banned
Lol

Well, fucking finally, I'm now relieved by the fact I won't start feeling old before you do

Pikma

Banned
So, yeah. Looks like I'm flying to that wedding. Ticket's booked and I'm pretty sure my passport's still okay.

It was a big group, and I didn't catch everyone's name/GAF username. It was someone from the opposite side of Smelly and me.

I was sitting beside Smelly and when Kave walked in, someone said something along the lines of, "Better hide your wallets" or "Watch out, your wallet might get stolen."

Smelly and I just looked at each other like "wtf did someone just say that?"
But is he part of NHLGAF?

Quick

Banned
Only current NHL players at Kessels cup party were Phaneuf and Subban. Kessel inviting Subban is kind of surprising.

Subban and Kessel seem like buddies off the ice. Maybe not super close, but they've had run-ins with each other, I think.

There's that video (can't find it) of Subban at a fashion show pestering Kessel.

Then there's this article from the Toronto Star defending Kessel too. Bless Subban.

“This is a guy who cares,” the Toronto-born Subban said of Kessel. “He cares about his team. He cares about hockey. I know how much he cares about Toronto. In the summer when we have dinner we have beaking matches about the city.”

But is he part of NHLGAF?

Nope.

Top Bottom