• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

So, yeah. Looks like I'm flying to that wedding. Ticket's booked and I'm pretty sure my passport's still okay.

It was a big group, and I didn't catch everyone's name/GAF username. It was someone from the opposite side of Smelly and me.

I was sitting beside Smelly and when Kave walked in, someone said something along the lines of, "Better hide your wallets" or "Watch out, your wallet might get stolen."

Smelly and I just looked at each other like "wtf did someone just say that?"

It's a good thing I never went into any of the Vancouver meet ups.

Quick

Banned
It's a good thing I never went into any of the Vancouver meet ups.

The Toronto meet-ups are pretty cool. Everyone I've met so far has genuinely been nice. That moment was just a weird footnote. The Vancouver meet-up seemed cool if I remember the pictures. Bish was there, so it already got a huge bump.

If it was more convenient for me to attend, I would probably go to more meet-ups. By coincidence, the two times I've attended had people visiting Toronto - Smelly and Pacbois.

We already did Salt On The Ice by the time I met Smelly in person, so we've technically spoken verbally prior.

I've entertained the notion of driving down to TO for a meetup, but I don't really post that much / I'm old / anxiety, etc.

It would be neat to put some faces to usernames, though.

The Toronto meet-ups are pretty cool. Everyone I've met so far has genuinely been nice. That moment was just a weird footnote. The Vancouver meet-up seemed cool if I remember the pictures. Bish was there, so it already got a huge bump.

If it was more convenient for me to attend, I would probably go to more meet-ups. By coincidence, the two times I've attended had people visiting Toronto - Smelly and Pacbois.

We already did Salt On The Ice by the time I met Smelly in person, so we've technically spoken verbally prior.

The thing about the Vancouver meetups I find is that there isn't a whole lot of commitment. I remember the last one, there was some talk about holding it in a bar close to transit, and of course there was Tabris flaking out of the meet up to play Fallout 4. Other then that it somewhat felt like it went by like a fart in the wind.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I've entertained the notion of driving down to TO for a meetup, but I don't really post that much / I'm old / anxiety, etc.

It would be neat to put some faces to usernames, though.

I wouldn't worry about that. Everyone is really nice and welcoming. It took a few meetups for me to really talk much since I'm shy. And you probably wouldn't be the oldest there.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY DSTRDL

Ive had the knees of a 90 year old since high school. Fuckin sucks. Lol

My knees are brutal too. I would play goalie in floor hockey in school and when i would go down to make a save those shitty floor hockey pads would shift and I would smash my knees all the time.

Pikma

Banned
Why are you guys so old?

I honestly think you are way too old for this shit and should retire. It's time for some of our AHLGAF prospects to take your place.

iLLmAtlc

Thx for the NHL code smelly.

Played a few hours of eashl and it's pretty refreshing to not have to deal with the 5-7 grinders blowing past me and the goalie running out to the faceoff dot to draw goalie interference anymore.

And people don't just try to do a wind up wrist shot on a cpu goalie too.

Oh yeah and team balancing in drop in is great too

I didn't know Amazon gift cards existed, but I bought one and used it to pre-order some colouring books. That's pretty much all I do these days.

PillarEN

How are the Wings over the cap as of this moment? Sure Franzen and two goalies being payed starter money but still. How? Our defense :(

How are the Wings over the cap as of this moment? Sure Franzen and two goalies being payed starter money but still. How? Our defense :(

I don't know what the wings are doing. Why the fuck would they give 6 more years to Abdelkader? And only two years to Mrazek. Unless they are shipping him to Las Vegas.

corn on the cob are good, but way overrated

bring it on

You're alone on this one friend.

Also:

Y0nxUWK.png

The Life of Andrei Markov.

imBask

Banned
I dont know what else to use

Chrome but don't listen to the haters, Firefox is way fine

use Vivaldi if you want the true broken hipster experience

Chrome? Or is that a piece of shit now, I don't keep up with the Jones' in terms of browsers.

They both have issues. Firefox still crashes and shit because it can't handle memory for shit
Chrome just wants to eat your ram and all of your friends ram and your neighbours ram

Chrome but don't listen to the haters, Firefox is way fine

use Vivaldi if you want the true broken hipster experience

They both have issues. Firefox still crashes and shit because it can't handle memory for shit
Chrome just wants to eat your ram and all of your friends ram and your neighbours ram

Sometimes I'll have Chrome shit the bed in terms of usage where it will lock up and pretty much crater, taking me offline for both Spotify and Skype. Is this a RAM issue, or is it internet? My suspicion is internet.

imBask

Banned
Sometimes I'll have Chrome shit the bed in terms of usage where it will lock up and pretty much crater, taking me offline for both Spotify and Skype. Is this a RAM issue, or is it internet? My suspicion is internet.

I honestly can't tell, i'd say try Firefox for a week or 2 and see if it still happens

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

I don't know what the wings are doing. Why the fuck would they give 6 more years to Abdelkader? And only two years to Mrazek. Unless they are shipping him to Las Vegas.
Wings aren't over the Cap once they put Franzen, Vitale, and Pulkkinan on LTIR. We still have 1 too many forward as it is as well. There will probably be a trade coming before the start of the season.

Mrazek was going to arbitration so he wasn't getting a 5 year deal. Wings have him for the perfect amount of time at a fair price (for once). 2 years at 4 mil is no risk to us in case he flames out. Howard will probably be exposed in the expansion draft and taken next summer which means 5 mil comes off our cap.

Anyone in here play Rainbow Six Seige?

I've only ever played Vegas 2, which after playing the situations in R6S, feels like the latter is a very, very different game. I like what I've played, but I've heard the community isn't exactly welcoming to newcomers. For an MP oriented game, that's a bad thing.

Still, I'm thinking of picking it (and Rimworld) up.

I've only ever played Vegas 2, which after playing the situations in R6S, feels like the latter is a very, very different game. I like what I've played, but I've heard the community isn't exactly welcoming to newcomers. For an MP oriented game, that's a bad thing.

Get Ringworld instead.

Are you picking it up on Xbone or PS4?

Generally if you pop by Siege-GAF you might get a few people interested, but the community skews heavily towards PS4

R6 Siege has a free weekend on Steam right now and it's $25. It's $21.29 on GMG too.

Pikma

Banned
Serious question:

Why is there a thread for each (obviously) stupid thing Trump does/says? I'm starting to get tired of it...

Serious question:

Why is there a thread for each (obviously) stupid thing Trump does/says? I'm starting to get tired of it...

His stupidity garners outrage and attention. Media likes clicks/ratings. People like people posting in threads they've made, or upvotes or pointless internet things that make up for their gaping holes of insecurity and void of personal satisfaction. Everyone hijacks the brand for their own selfish need.

Fuck the whole thing by NEVER posting in any of the threads or clicking on any article.

Quick

Banned
Serious question:

Reactions inside each thread have become generic.

"Sad!"
Reference to something he said in the past
Comments about his hands
Straight up insults

Not that there's anything wrong with these comments.

Top Bottom