• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Whoever made this needs to burn.

1myYJOj.jpg

Socreges

Banned
So I can't find my car.

Parked it somewhere, and can't exactly remember where.
It hasn't been towed, and can't be stolen since you need a fob to start it.
And to make matters worse my wallet is in the glove compartment.

More buzzed than drunk. Also did a little coke.

I explained my situation to the police already. They told me there's a 99% chance it hasn't been stolen since my car has a built in Imobilizer. But considering how long it's been, that 1% chance seems all the more likely.

I'm sure. It's lost.

So my car's still missing, no updates from the police or towing company.
But by using the location history feature of google maps I was able to approximately locate where I parked my car at 6:00am Sunday morning.
Of course it's an area I already checked throughly yesterday, which probably means by car has been stolen.
How it was stolen and where it is currently is still a big mystery.

Well the police found my car. It wasn't stolen or tampered with, I just simply forgot where I parked it.
Funny thing is, the area where my car was found wasn't familiar to me at all, probably shows how fucked up I was after I parked it. Also it was in front of a meter, but I didn't get a ticket. Which makes the situation doubly weird.
So...

Well lesson learned. I won't drive fucked up ever again.
Truly the best and luckiest way to learn that lesson.

Don't see how it's really still a joke even after RC admitted to not driving sober.

You wanna fuck with your own life? Cool, but don't potentially involve innocent peoples lives.

My cousin was hit by a drunk driver, and I've had to be jury on a hit and run where the driver was on medication. Seen first hand how fucked this shit is.

However, a lesson has taken place. RC admitted that. Cool.

Please, everybody here - think twice before you get behind the wheel if you're anything but sober, alert and awake. Don't fuck with other peoples lives.

imBask

Banned
I hope Bergevin realizes how fucking stupid he looks this morning and how FUCKED he is if the season doesn't go exactly as planned

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda calmed down a little about Subby, now I'm angry again. Fucking Habs

Edit I need to update the jersey on my avatar

RC

Banned
i'm just a little weirded out by the fact that RC is pretty much boasting about drunk driving.

it's not cool

I apologize if that sounded like boasting. Wasn't my attention.

And no, it wasn't cool at all. It was very irresponsible on my part, and a mistake I won't repeat.

Quick

Banned
Desi seems like a smart person who made a stupid mistake. Good to know that a lesson has been learned, and in the best possible way.

I feel like shit.

Shouldn't have sat out in the sun for so long.

I ate soup today in this warm weather, and I feel like shit.

Ooooof those Reviews for Suicide Squad though

Jeez.

I guess the best film of the summer is Star Trek Beyond

DC continues to fail, no surprise.

Should make Marvel fanboys even more unbearable, and I'm not even a comic book guy.

From the review thread:

Between Marvel's predictable, paint-by-numbers formula (complete with utterly forgettable villains) and DC's nonsensical approach to cohesive screenwriting and baffling editing decisions...I just want this whole comic book genre craze to die.

These films just aren't doing it for me anymore.

I think were hitting the apex of comic book films.

One thing that really pisses me off about movie review threads are the sort of "lets pick out a shitty movie on RT and compare it with subject of review thread"

Example:

wwk8Zr3.jpg

What the fuck does this have to do with anything?

No way in hell I'd miss ANY iteration of Harley and the Joker onscreen.

Going with a group of 8 this saturday. I dunno how to feel.

Then again, I walked out of Warcraft satisfied.

Foggy

GAF has an intense infatuation with the meta-spectacles like movie review threads, game review threads, and E3 "who won" threads. It's the height of absurdity.

All the movie communities I'm a part of never have review threads for critics. They just see the movie and discuss their personal response. Go figure. It's so bizarre to me how people can just gobble up critical reception as gospel.

GAF has an intense infatuation with the meta-spectacles like movie review threads, game review threads, and E3 "who won" threads. It's the height of absurdity.

All the movie communities I'm a part of never have review threads for critics. They just see the movie and discuss their personal response. Go figure. It's so bizarre to me how people can just gobble up critical reception as gospel.

It's basically critics agreeing with their own opinions, that's why review threads get so much traction. Notice how the review thread for big movies almost ALWAYS get more pages then the actual OT's for threads themselves.

It's honestly stupid and pathetic. But it goes to show that the dick waving and aggressive past of gaming wars previous still live on. For as stupid as it is.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
One thing that really pisses me off about movie review threads are the sort of "lets pick out a shitty movie on RT and compare it with subject of review thread"

Example:

wwk8Zr3.jpg

What the fuck does this have to do with anything?

......I liked the Wizard. *shrugs* Mind you I havent' seen it in years.

I'll probably see Suicide Squad.

It also doesn't help that especially in DC review threads, often you can have rows of dumb posts going "LOL!" at a childish GIF of Chris Evans laughing.

In the SS thread alone I counted eleven posts of this. IN A ROW.

Top Bottom