• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

PillarEN

I dropped Heavy Rain an hour into it years ago because it was flat out too depressing for me. I should've known what I was getting myself into

Beyond: Two Souls made me cry. But that's more because of me and certain things that triggered something. I think it was more fun than Heavy Rain. Both are on PS4 though. Beyond has Ellen Page and Wilem Defoe though. I think Ellen was awesome.

This E3 sucks. I thought PlayStation would bring it. Shadow of the Colossus is cool, Spider-Man should be fun, GoW should be decent too. Slightly better showing than Xbox.

Wolfenstein remains game of show.

Yawnier

Banned
Spiderman looks good but yeah not a good conference imo.

I have found that Sony really like to hold their cards close to their chest this generation, they don't like showing off or announcing games too ahead of time like they had to during the early to mid PS3 days. But I suppose this was inevitable seeing as they lead in the console market share this generation.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i watched for some cool 3rd party games and i didn't even get that

yiiiiiiiikes

games looked good graphically... but holy shit gameplay is important too, guys

PillarEN

That was it? Pretty boring. Microsoft so far had the best showing.

By the way. Western as fuck! Where are the weeb games? Japan doesn't exist?

Vita is dead too. Shame they hate their own handheld which very quietly still does actually live and has a crazy amount games coming out still in spite Sony disowning it.

zroid

Banned
sony press conferences have always been ridiculously bloated garbage, so if this one was only 60 minutes that makes it the best one in years, almost by default

PS: Logan update -- it's good

DopeyFish

actually here's a question

sooo

how many new games did sony even show

monster hunter and shadow of the colossus?

one is multiplatform and the other is a remake?

oh i guess that biker zombie game thing too

Metro Exodus was game of show from the pressers.

Ni No Kuni 2 and DQ XI are there and will round out my top 3 from the overall show.

So happy to see a NNK2 release date come out today though

Pikma

Banned

sooo

Biker zombie game was already announced

This is what happens when you announce your games 3 or 4 years before release just to appease fans and give them meme material about having "megatons" and shit.

Yawnier

Banned
That was it? Pretty boring. Microsoft so far had the best showing.

By the way. Western as fuck! Where are the weeb games? Japan doesn't exist?

Vita is dead too. Shame they hate their own handheld which very quietly still does actually live and has a crazy amount games coming out still in spite Sony disowning it.

I feel like the weeb games have never really had a presence at Sony's conference and are normally a thing for TGS unless you consider FF or MGS weeb games maybe

I don't think Persona 5 or Nier: Automata got as much as even a single mention at last years conference.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe ppl will stop wanting shit to be announced 3 years early now. (lol). Still surprised at the lack of 3rd party demos though.

DopeyFish

Biker zombie game was already announced

This is what happens when you announce your games 3 or 4 years before release just to appease fans and give them meme material about having "megatons" and shit.

The worst part is... MS conference was almost all 2017 games... Sony was almost all 2018. It's like they have almost NOTHING for the fall.

Cake Boss

Banned

sooo

Oh bitch please, it was the same for Microsoft's conference too, but your too showered in their golden piss to see.

Both conferences sucked ass, and their games showings are just tired franchises trying to get rebooted by having more story, hand holding gameplay, preset set pieces in closed environments as if there wasn't enough of them. It's like these fucking developers didn't play the GOTY Zelda at all and take away anything from that.

The only interesting thing for me Beyond Good and Evil 2 even though it barely exists.

The Last Night is being developed by King Broly
Life is Strange is being developed by someone else
Wolfenstein was cool I guess.

That's it :/

PillarEN

Microsoft specifically went "hey you stupid body pillow basement dwellers. We're trying." Sony just went "cinematic gameplay Hollywood."

I think it would have been cool if the gameplay stuff they showed was more out there or varied from the previous showings. Like Uncharted was obviously Uncharted. GoW didn't really give some great gameplay moment. The zombie game was more or less a part 2 of what we saw last year in the gameplay trailer. Didn't watch the Destiny bit so I can't say. Spiderman was a nice presentation though it isn't the game that would necesarily hype you up at this moment (maybe it's the next Arkham Asylum for all I know, but I don't know). Detroit actually did show off what it is. Personal bias aside here about that game too.

I think what it is about this conference that sort of bummed me out is that lots of the cinematic stuff seems so B level Hollywood. Shadow of the Colossus being a perfect example of how a game can be emotive and compelling while being a videogame through and through. Story through actions and the world rather than cutsecnes and lengthy scripts of dialogue.

I don't want to come off negative. That's just how Sony presented their first party stuff.
Here's hoping Nintendo have a couple new games. I mean they sort of have to and even the known games haven't really been shown so it would appear that they'll have like 10 or so games that are going to be very fresh if not fully new.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Oh bitch please, it was the same for Microsoft's conference too, but your too showered in their golden piss to see.

Both conferences sucked ass, and their games showings are just tired franchises trying to get rebooted by having more story, hand holding gameplay, preset set pieces in closed environments as if there wasn't enough of them. It's like these fucking developers didn't play the GOTY Zelda at all and take away anything from that.

The only interesting thing for me Beyond Good and Evil 2 even though it barely exists.

😂

DopeyFish

Also should mention all those console launch exclusive announcements seem kind of important right now, don't you think?

The best part about Sony's conference was when they didn't announce a mid-life console upgrade for $500USD with only Forza 7 and Crackdown 3 to drive it's sales while also cannibalizing it's own best interests by making any interesting game they have available on PC anyway.

Marvie_3

Banned

UMcEe2b.gif

"cinematic gameplay Hollywood."
And this is exactly why Im bored with a lot of games.

PillarEN

Also should mention all those console launch exclusive announcements seem kind of important right now, don't you think?

Sure though I don't really care. I'm less of a day 1 person and more of a year one person.
But I don't understand why Sony didn't show off more games? They have lots of third party games obviously. They have to have a bunch of indie games right? Like if I was a layman gamer I would have thought that Microsoft has all the games in the world and Sony has only a small number on the PS4. Just weird. But thank god they had dudes twitching from a rope during their conference. And a shot of Polygon top dawg Arthur Gies for a second in the crowd.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The best part about Sony's conference was when they didn't announce a mid-life console upgrade for $500USD with only Forza 7 and Crackdown 3 to drive it's sales while also cannibalizing it's own best interests by making any interesting game they have available on PC anyway.

Too true

Most of the time the cinematic games don't even have good writing. Then you have Wolfenstein that is going for campy 90s action hero with one liners and it ends up having some of the best writing.

Pikma

Banned
Those VR games look as shit, cheap and uninspired as those PS Move projects from like 8 years ago

It's always good to hear that these people haven't learnt shit.

Top Bottom