• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

zroid

Banned
seemingly the avs only bought out beauchemin because he refused to waive his NMC for the xdraft. there was no other benefit to buying him out because it's a 35+ contract.

Cactus

Banned
seemingly the avs only bought out beauchemin because he refused to waive his NMC for the xdraft. there was no other benefit to buying him out because it's a 35+ contract.

Seems spiteful that some of these guys are refusing to waive.

I understand that these clauses were deemed important enough by these players to fight for during contract negotiations, but why choose to die on that sword when there's a close to zero chance of being selected by Vegas? It's puzzling.

Socreges

Banned
Doughty: "I think all of us Southern Ontario players, we secretly want to play for the #Leafs, you know, we all have that kind of soft spot"

:p
Not to mention how this has been borne out by history. Elite Ontario-born players like David Clarkson!

That said, I could actually see Tavares signing in Toronto because of their cap space and competitive position. But:

"he's almost certainly going to Toronto"

is the typical Dopey idiocy that we see constantly. Such powerful delusion.

zroid

Banned
Seems spiteful that some of these guys are refusing to waive.

I understand that these clauses were deemed important enough by these players to fight for during contract negotiations, but why choose to die on that sword when there's a close to zero chance of being selected by Vegas? It's puzzling.
I was kinda shocked that Phaneuf in particular didn't waive his. In his case just last year the Senators had the option of not honouring his NMC (whether or not it's fair that teams have the right to do this after acquiring a player is another thing entirely), and they chose to honour it. You'd think the least he could do is reciprocate a little bit.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Not to mention how this has been borne out by history. Elite Ontario-born players like David Clarkson!

That said, I could actually see Tavares signing in Toronto because of their cap space and competitive position. But:

"he's almost certainly going to Toronto"

is the typical Dopey idiocy that we see constantly. Such powerful delusion.

I said if he hits the open market you illiterate maggot

imBask

Banned
Leafs are ok now and suddenly all the fairweather friends want in, and Leafs fans are eating that shit up 😂😂

Cactus

Banned
I was kinda shocked that Phaneuf in particular didn't waive his. In his case just last year the Senators had the option of not honouring his NMC (whether or not it's fair that teams have the right to do this after acquiring a player is another thing entirely), and they chose to honour it. You'd think the least he could do is reciprocate a little bit.

Yup, it's crazy.

yyzjohn

Banned
Leafs lineup for 2019-2020

Hyman(lol)-Matthews-Kapanen
Johnsson-Tavares-Marner
Grundstrom-Kadri-McBrown
Martin-Nylander-Korshkov
Extra: Ben Smith

Rielly-Doty
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Carrick
Extra: Matt Hunwick

Andersen
Woll

Nylander as 4th line center, dat depth.

19059922_10155652451012345_9108352035301323296_n.jpg

lol

David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod

Among teams that have discussed Tyler Johnson, I'm told Habs were one of them. No indication anything is imminent.

David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod

The Habs may have interest in Drouin, but a deal for him involving Galchenyuk is not in the cards for Tampa, per source.

Hmm

Can we see if Montreal would trade Pacioretty for Drouin?

Solo

Tyler Johnson? We trying to usher the smurfs-age back in? We like, just finally escaped that.

Holy fuck that would be an atrocious trade. Johnson would bust hard in Montreal, we'd lose a 1st, and AGally playing with Stamkos/Kucherov/Palat? lawd.

Solo

WHY CAN'T ANYONE IN OUR PATHETIC FRANCHISE EVALUATE TALENT AND THEN GO OUT AND GET IT

NAH FAM, WE LIKE THE GRIT, CHARACTER, LEADERSHIP OF SHAW, OTT, HANZAL, STEPAN

Curufinwe

I was kinda shocked that Phaneuf in particular didn't waive his. In his case just last year the Senators had the option of not honouring his NMC (whether or not it's fair that teams have the right to do this after acquiring a player is another thing entirely)

That's not how it works. The only time the team has the choice of not honoring an NMC is if the player is traded before it has kicked in, like with Mike Richards.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=121668037&postcount=37

Teemu Selanne might be inducted to the Hockey Hall of Fame on June 26th

Elliott Teaford @ElliottTeaford

Hockey Hall of Fame induction announcement will be June 26. Expect to hear Teemu Selanne's name called. #teemuforever

Curufinwe

you sure? I saw it reported by media ppl after the trade that the Sens decided to keep the NMC. Maybe they were misinformed too though.

If they're anything like the Flyers beat writers it wouldn't surprise me.

The main guy at CSN Philly tweeted that the Flyers signing Ghost meant he would safe in the expansion draft, like he thought Ghost couldn't be protected as an RFA.

guys stop posting that tattoo, im going to have nightmares

PS
Yawnier, isnt it time you changed your avatar back to something leaf related?

PillarEN

Housley played for the Sabres. So did Ruff. Expect a long tenure. Couple trips to the conference finals. Maybe one final.

All this depends if they can get a world class goaltender.

#HotTake

Top Bottom