• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Socreges

Banned
Wow good trade for the Habs!

I wonder what the conditions are on the 2nd round pick. Could become a 1st? Trade begins to look a bit different then

bigJP

dont like the trade.

Montreal is where offense goes to die. we are gonna run Drouin out of town. he's gonna be fighting with Chucky for 4th line wing duty

now our D prospect is looking worse too

yyzjohn

Banned
Wow good trade for the Habs!

I wonder what the conditions are on the 2nd round pick. Could become a 1st? Trade begins to look a bit different then

In terms of wanting this to fail, my only hope is that Sergachev turns out to be better than McDonagh.

ZeroGravity

Pierre LeBrun‏Verified account @PierreVLeBrun
Condition on the picks in Tampa-Montreal trade is that if Sergachev plays 40 games for Bolts next season, there are no picks exchanged.
That probably won't happen.

imBask

Banned
bergevin.jpg

"i'm telling ya stevie, he's NHL ready, that's an easy 2nd round pick for you my friend"

Cactus

Banned
Maybe Drouin had outrageous contract demands. MTL will probably have to overpay after trading their best prospect for him.

Silexx

Considering Yzerman has been playing 4D chess on a level that would make Putin blush, something seems off. This almost looks...OK for the Habs?

also I like that Lt. Serge now plays for the bolts name wise

More like Yzerman had to get something for Drouin or risk losing him in the expansion draft when he leaves him exposed. My guess is that Yzerman wants to protect others before Drouin.

Solo

BARGAINBIN ADDRESSING SCORING?!111

GIVE THAT MAN A 5 YEAR EXTENSION

Going to have to get a Drouin jersey when they inevitably trade AGally.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Maybe Drouin had outrageous contract demands.

nah tampa was still kinda fucked with the cap

they had to sign drouin, johnson and palat, a backup goalie and at least 2 players on top of that with 17 mil in cap

and there was also the expansion issue

tampa really had to choose between the 3 players and drouin would have commanded the most money of the 3

Curufinwe

More like Yzerman had to get something for Drouin or risk losing him in the expansion draft when he leaves him exposed. My guess is that Yzerman wants to protect others before Drouin.

Drouin is worth more than Killorn or Namestnikov so he would have been protected.

zroid

Banned
that condition is ridiculous. Yzerman must have been really desperate to move Drouin. I guess the expansion pressure was bad?

Socreges

Banned
Not sure why this is being celebrated to high heaven. There's a healthy amount of risk for both TB and MTL.
Drouin is insanely skilled. Great upside. Lots of risk, though, yes.

And if you listen to Habs fans here, TOP 2 SERGACHEV is going to do great things so Tampa did alright.

Solo

Not sure why this is being celebrated to high heaven. There's a healthy amount of risk for both TB and MTL.

As a Habs fan, simply, we need scoring. We have for a decade. It's by far our biggest organizational need. Now, you could argue that we need to get a #1C to fully address that, and I don't disagree, but scoring is scoring. Now with Drouin and Patches to lead the way, and with secondary goals from Lehkonen and Gallagher, things are starting to look better. I realllly hope we can hang on to AGally too, because that would give us 3 legit scoring threats.

I think Sergachev is going to be a damn fine D-man, but he's only 18. He could bust, he could be average, he could be a star. Time will tell, but right now, it's worth the risk to land a 22 year old natural born scorer in his prime.

Top Bottom