• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Solo

So.....does this further put the nail in AGally's coffin? I mean, if management truly believes he's a winger, then he just fell to the 5th line with the acquisition of Drouin. Not to mention that he's way better at centre, defensive mistakes and all. So if management views him as a winger, and we have wingers, he's probably good as gone, right? I think that's the only 2 options: trade AGally the winger, or keep AGally the centre and give him time to mature. I expect the former will happen but I'm desperately hoping for the latter.

Oh, AGally is #27 and Drouin is #27?

Yep, R.I.P., AGally :_(

Yawnier

Banned
So.....does this further put the nail in AGally's coffin? I mean, if management truly believes he's a winger, then he just fell to the 5th line with the acquisition of Drouin. Not to mention that he's way better at centre, defensive mistakes and all. So if management views him as a winger, and we have wingers, he's probably good as gone, right? I think that's the only 2 options: trade AGally the winger, or keep AGally the centre and give him time to mature. I expect the former will happen but I'm desperately hoping for the latter.

Oh, AGally is #27 and Drouin is #27?

Yep, R.I.P., AGally :_(

McKenzie saying on twitter that he thinks this trade makes it more likely that AGally will be traded

But....why not both?

Like, I could fuck with this as a top 6:

Patches-Tavares
Okay, it'll be Danault or Hanzal or Stepan, ugh
-Radulov
Drouin-AGally-Lehkonen

I thought our line could look like this

Pacioretty ???(whoever we get for Galchenyuk) Radulov

Lehkonen Drouin Gallagher

Byron Danault Shaw

Hudon Martinsen McCarron

Socreges

Banned
Always interesting:

Sergachev for Drouin y/n?

there's a real argument to be made about that trade. Here's mine : one was drafted by Trevor Timmins, the other wasn't

I'd love Drouin's talent, but I can't shake the feeling that a french player playing in Montreal, with noted attitude problems, would be a trainwreck.

But if we got a Drouin who had matured a bit.....maybe yes. You're trading potential for a known commodity, and the Habs need offense badly.

Maybe....but I'm more of the mindset that potential is just that...... potential. Sergachev could become a #1D, but as we know the road of player development is long and fraught with peril. For example, Galchenyuk projected as our #1C, and now he'll be entering his 6th season as probably our second line left winger. And he may never get to centre. And if he does, at this point it's likely as a #2 tops.

Drouin is a known NHL commodity by comparison to Sergachev. And on top of that, our biggest team need is scoring. So yeah, I'd give a Sergachev for Drouin trade some serious thought for sure.

I can't imagine he'll be traded for anything less than an established NHL defenseman. It would be a Hall/Larsson type of deal.

Considering Tampa's cap situation, I could see them trading for a near-ready defensive prospect if they thought it was surefire.

and let's be real Drouin is good but he's still a question mark + his attitude problem won't help Yzerman

Habs have nothing to offer for Drouin, plain and simple. Not happening.

Socreges

Banned
That was an easy one. Immediately recalled the disicussion. And people are actually pretty consistent, which is disappointing. 😒

- Zero got blindsided
- Foggy is a soothsayer
- Solo and imBask no longer seem concerned with his attitude (don't blame them- Drouin is worth the risk)

imBask

Banned
nah i'm still a little concerned about his attitude problem, i'm just happy with the price we paid for him

It's still very possible for him to get swallowed whole by the Montreal nightlife

Solo

22 years old. Star potential. French.

Montreal media's wet dream. TBH I'm picturing it now and dude was born to wear the CH.

Foggy

Always interesting:

giphy.gif

Solo

😃

Wouldn't he get treated quite favourably since he's a "local" boy? Would the media go easier on him?

He'll get a Subban-type pop on opening night, I have no doubt about that. He probably will instantly become the most popular player on the team.

It could all go full circle in the years to come if he becomes dogshit and gets booed to hell, but out of the gate? Yeah, he's going to be verrrry well received.

Top Bottom