• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

zroid

Banned
tHro3bDuQ5aRlnclmcMxMg.png

🤔🤔🤔

hope fleury likes vegas

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still baffled on why Dallas is still high on Nichushkin. He tanked even upon his return to the KHL, so am I missing something on the kid or something?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The Wild's list of unprotected players is crazy

There HAS to be a trade there. If I were Vegas I'd ditch multiple teams just to pick from the Wild multiple times.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Check Islanders 5 protected defenceman. Good chance one is a Habs player Thursday when freeze lifts. Not completed to protect list balance.
🤔🤔🤔

ryan299

tHro3bDuQ5aRlnclmcMxMg.png

🤔🤔🤔

hope fleury likes vegas

Vegas should be holding the Pens hostage at the moment. No reason to take Fleury unless they have a great deal in place with another team for him. Plenty of younger/cheaper goalies available and Hagelin or Rust would be a good pick for them.

Alucard

Banned
This expansion draft stuff is pretty crazy.

The following Pens are exposed, and one will be selected by Vegas.

Forwards
Carl Hagelin, Bryan Rust, Nick Bonino*, Matt Cullen*, Chris Kunitz*, Scott Wilson, Tom Kuhnhackl, Josh Archibald, Oskar Sundqvist, Jean-Sebastien Dea, Tom Sestito*, Kevin Porter*, Garrett Wilson*

Defensemen
Ian Cole, Trevor Daley*, Ron Hainsey*, Chad Ruhwedel*, Mark Streit*, Derrick Pouliot, Frank Corrado, Cameron Gaunce*, David Warsofsky*, Tim Erixon, Stuart Percy

Goaltender
Marc-Andre Fleury (waived no-movement clause for purpose of expansion draft)

Fleury is probably the one going, but there are some good players on the table here.

I was listening to Russo's podcast today and he had some great insight into the Wild/Montreal trade rumors the past few days. In short, Bergevin really wanted Scandella for Galchenyuk. Russo made it sound like there was not a lot beyond that in the trade, but that there were some other parts, but Scandella was the main piece.

The Wild did not want to do the trade because if they did, they would lose one defender to Montreal, then likely either Brodin or Dumba to Vegas. Their stacked blueline of five top-4 defenders would then become a huge position of weakness with only three top-4 guys.

They will apparently revisit the trade after the expansion draft, but at this point Russo made it sound like Minnesota is not very interested in Galchenyuk at this time.

The Wild's list of unprotected players is crazy

There HAS to be a trade there. If I were Vegas I'd ditch multiple teams just to pick from the Wild multiple times.

Yet the Wild still can't get past the 2nd (most of the time 1st) round. Smh.

Some speculation around Minnesota that the Wild are going to try and get a trade going with Vegas to give them Zucker instead of one of the defenders. Zucker, Vegas native, is likely a 25-30 goal scorer on a good team going forward, is fast, and will get butts in seats down there.

E. Staal, Yakupov, and Neal are all unprotected? So weird.

Staal will not be chosen. Dumba or Scandella will. Wild beat writer has been saying as much for days now. Both of the defenders are legit young top-4 defenders with upside that could hold down the blue line for years to come and would help Vegas immensely. And even if Vegas was looking to flip a player from the Wild, Staal would net a much smaller return than Scandella or Dumba. Staal was exposed but the likelihood of him being chosen is incredibly small.

Staal's UFA, Yakubust sucks, and Neal only has 1 year left and will be looking for a big raise. Makes sense.

He has two more years left on his contract, including this one?

Expected.

He's only got 1 yr left on his $5mil contract. It was either him or Jarnkrok and we need serious depth at center especially if Fisher retires. Jarny has steller numbers in only 18 minutes average ice time this season and the playoffs and he's under contract for the next 5 yrs at a bargain basement price of $2mil per season. Seemed to me like a pretty easy choice to expose Neal.

I'd also take a look at Colton Sissons if I were GMGM

Michael Russo‏Verified account @Russostrib
Replying to @Bonnell7

I get sense they may be done with galchenyuk, maybe focusing on others.

If Russo's saying it, it's got a 95% chance of being true.

Wonder who the Wild are going after instead.

Also:

Michael Russo‏Verified account @Russostrib 6h6 hours ago

Michael Russo Retweeted Shawn Humphrey ↟

I promise you, Boston was never close to getting Brodin

Weren't lots of people saying that Boston was interested? Apparently not interested enough.

Futureman

Vegas should be holding the Pens hostage at the moment. No reason to take Fleury unless they have a great deal in place with another team for him. Plenty of younger/cheaper goalies available and Hagelin or Rust would be a good pick for them.

I think the idea is to make Fleury the face of the franchise. He is a huge fan favorite in Pittsburgh and could build a fan base. Like there are literally fans crying that he is leaving Pittsburgh.

RC

Banned
Hey Denver-GAF.

So I'm going to be here until Thursday. The shitty thing is that my mornings and afternoons will be busy since I'm here for work, but after 5 I'm free to explore.
What should I check out?

Hey Denver-GAF.

So I'm going to be here until Thursday. The shitty thing is that my mornings and afternoons will be busy since I'm here for work, but after 5 I'm free to explore.
What should I check out?

Denver Botanic Gardens if you can catch them before they close. Steuben's downtown is a fantastic diner but probably very busy around 5. There's a Voodoo Doughtnuts that is dumb and touristy. If you have the time and there's a show scheduled before you leave, try to catch something at Red Rock's Amphitheater. There are a few other Diners there that are fantastic and in less populated areas, I highly recommend the Sam's No. 3 on Parker and Havana. Check out their Pie Shakes and just about everything on the menu is really goddamn good.

I can recommend more food stops if you're interested, but aside from that I don't have a lot of other suggestions within the Denver area itself. If you had time I'd say go check out Estes Park but that's day trip territory. If you like beer and pizza, Dad & Dude's Breweria is a decent spot.

Red Rocks Schedule
Dad & Dudes Breweria
Sams No. 3 Yelp
Steuben's
Denver Botanic Gardens

Mentok

Banned
Ran through the TSN "Build Your Team" at least 3 times, Vegas could end up icing a pretty damn good team (depending on what wheeling and dealing is being done right now as well). A lot of players they could build off of.

Top Bottom