• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

"Nightmare"

I'm happy we have the first over all, but, the number of bs articles, and speculation threads is becoming a nuisance. At the same time, this ain't Matthews are McDavid, so it's probably not going to be franchise-changing.

Welcome. Now Pikma has another Devils fan to be friends with.

Thanks!

The post below yours makes me believe this is some kind of inside joke that I'm not getting.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Found my car this morning with its sideview mirror smashed in, totally busted.

No note left of course, so hit&run deductible due.

Good shit Vancouver.

Cake Boss

Banned
Found my car this morning with its sideview mirror smashed in, totally busted.

No note left of course, so hit&run deductible due.

Good shit Vancouver.

xT77Ya6FHqYNvI5rYk.webp

Welcome to Canada

Chris Nichols‏
@NicholsOnHockey

Dreger: "Those who have expressed interest in Galchenyuk say that Bergevin, in fact, does want multiple pieces." #Habs1050

It'll probably be a Lefty Defenceman and a young forward for Galchenyuk.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Apparently Vegas will have 3-4 of their selections at the draft on Wednesday, how the hell do they think they can manage to keep that under wraps?

Solo

Habs jersey will be 99.5% the same as always (you don't mess with perfection), so not too much to get hyped about for me.

However, once Drouin settles on a #, I'll get his jersey (since my AGally jersey is likely to be obsolete soon when BargainBin is done).

imBask

Banned
I still have a white (back from the dark ages when white jerseys were home jerseys) kids CCM Kirk Muller Habs jersey. My pride and joy.

I actually prefer having white jerseys at home. That way home games aren't always red vs white, and you get to see different colorful jerseys if you're at the game

Solo

HF Boards is great for the laughs if nothing else. There's people on the Habs board who honestly, seriously, truthfully think LV is taking Plekanec lol

Solo

I actually prefer having white jerseys at home. That way home games aren't always red vs white, and you get to see different colorful jerseys if you're at the game

I feel that the home team should get to wear their best jersey. And for every single NHL team, that is their colored one. So personally I love whites on the road, colored at home.

Solo

Dreger said:
"Those who have expressed interest in Galchenyuk say that Bergevin, in fact, does want multiple pieces."

Dreger said:
"I can tell you that on Friday/Saturday "there was at least a hint" #Habs had recent convo on poss. of extending Galchenyuk"

Sounds like Bergevin doesn't know what he wants to do and is planning for all scenarios. What a clown. Watch him sign AGally to an 8 year extension and then turn around and trade him to Arizona.

Solo

I still think he's gone by Thursday.

That would be such a mistake. I don't see why the organization can't give him a 1 year deal, stick him at 2C for the entire season (instead of the usual insanity of 1C -> 3LW -> 1C -> 4LW), for better of for worse, and see what happens. Defense can be taught. Let Claude work with him for a year. He'll be 100% recovered from the knee injury, and he should be super motivated between it being a contract year and with all the mudslinging. If it doesn't work out? Trade him next summer. If it does? Wow Marc, you've successfully added by doing nothing at all.

Because I guarantee you that any deal MB strikes for AGally will further weaken our already league-worst centre depth.

Maybe Vegas will throw us a Hail Mary and take Pleks (hahahahaha), then MB has no choice but to keep him.

Solo

Pacioretty-Danault-Radulov
Drouin-Galchenyk-Lehkonen
Byron-Plekanec-Gallagher

I mean, that centre depth is pure barf, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. But that's also really good winger depth on both sides. I dunno. Why can't we have nice things like a Tavares?

That would be such a mistake. I don't see why the organization can't give him a 1 year deal, stick him at 2C for the entire season (instead of the usual insanity of 1C -> 3LW -> 1C -> 4LW), for better of for worse, and see what happens. Defense can be taught. Let Claude work with him for a year. He'll be 100% recovered from the knee injury, and he should be super motivated between it being a contract year and with all the mudslinging. If it doesn't work out? Trade him next summer. If it does? Wow Marc, you've successfully added by doing nothing at all.

Because I guarantee you that any deal MB strikes for AGally will further weaken our already league-worst centre depth.

Maybe Vegas will throw us a Hail Mary and take Pleks (hahahahaha), then MB has no choice but to keep him.

I would give him one more year but he's had too many fucking chances. The only reason why he got demoted to the fourth line because he didn't give a shit. That's his problem, his work ethic.

He needs to get out of Montreal and we need to trade him before his Value drops. If we can't find a suitor that can help now then just sign him for just one more year.

I think Montreal Management sees it like this: with each season that goes by where Galchenyuk doesn't reach the potential that we all know is there, his trade value goes down a little bit. Each year he's getting further and further away from being a 2nd overall pick and closer to a disappointment.

I think if they hang onto him for another year and it goes like last year did -- bounced from wing to C, no solid linemates, isn't able to get clicking -- they think the return for him won't be as high as if they just do it now.

I would also like to point out that the left side of our defence needs help. God damn does it need help. Look at this shit

Markov Weber
Jerabek (?) Petry
Emelin Benn

It's fucking putrid. Markov is on the verge of retirement in a few years, Emelin is as dumb as a wall, and Jerabek is just starting his NHL career from the KHL.

That's why we need to trade Galchenyuk, hopefully for a left handed Defenceman and a promising forward.

I know I don't like Brian Wilde but he had a interesting tweet the other day about Montreal looking at the Islanders protected defence and then some.

Top Bottom