• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Cake Boss

Banned
Ceci + 1st/2nd

I think Ceci is going to be a good player, but Drouin would be much needed. Already have a bunch of D ready to come in.

lol Tampa asked for Ceci, White and a 1st rounder (Turned out to be Brown) for Drouin back when he was scratched, imagine what they are going to ask for now.

Except Julien coached teams have finished in goals for than most teams for the past 7 years, so you don't know what the hell you talking about with this whole Julien is a shit coach shtick, coming from the same guy thats bouncing on Babcock's cock shaft at every chance he gets, and thinks that Babpenis is the only decent coach in the league.

Goals scored the past 5 years.

aavTpFj.png

Oh and the whole Boucher system gives no offense bullshit you keep trolling with, let me see here.

His 3 year tenure with Tampa, oh look at the #7 in goal scoring.

rB3MCPM.png

Stick to HFboards with Dopey

You're a good man Cakey

The Habs did lose to a team with a goalie as their highest paid player.

Build from the net out. Yes it'll hurt their cap, but they won't get good value in a trade and there's no guarantee his replacement would be anywhere near his level.

On a related note, most popular buyout pages on Capfriendly:

POPULAR BUYOUTS
PLAYER
Marian Hossa
Dan Girardi
Matt Moulson
Marc Staal
Marian Gaborik
Carey Price
Dustin Brown
Shea Weber

yyzjohn

Banned
Except Julien coached teams have finished in goals for than most teams for the past 7 years, so you don't know what the hell you talking about with this whole Julien is a shit coach shtick, coming from the same guy thats bouncing on Babcock's cock shaft at every chance he gets, and thinks that Babpenis is the only decent coach in the league.

Goals scored the past 5 years.

aavTpFj.png

Oh and the whole Boucher system gives no offense bullshit you keep trolling with, let me see here.

His 3 year tenure with Tampa, oh look at the #7 in goal scoring.

rB3MCPM.png

Stick to HFboards with Dopey

Your stats are cool and all, but it's kind of weird that the Habs went from 2.83 goals per game with Therrien to 2.46 goals per game under Julien in the same season.

Your stats are cool and all, but it's kind of weird that the Habs went from 2.83 goals per game with Therrien to 2.46 goals per game under Julien in the same season.

Well that's the funny part, right? The Habs needed scoring help at the deadline. Everyone seemed to acknowledge this. Bergevin says d'accord and brings in King, Ott, Benn, Davidson and Martinsen.

Not really much for Julien to work with.

yyzjohn

Banned
Well that's the funny part, right? The Habs needed scoring help at the deadline. Everyone seemed to acknowledge this. Bergevin says d'accord and brings in King, Ott, Benn, Davidson and Martinsen.

Not really much for Julien to work with.

So Therrien was able to get more out of his lineup goals wise?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This "Trade Price" talk is some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard from Habs fans. It's not happening, nor should it.

So Therrien was able to get more out of his lineup goals wise?
The team also played a lot more lose and gave up almost double the high scoring chances under Therrien

imBask

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/679ut0/bob_mckenzie_states_how_kovalchuk_can_comeback/

Kovalchuk remains property of NJD as he is on the Voluntary Retirement List (VRL) so he is free to sign with them for coming season.

If Kovalchuk doesn't want to return to NJ, he could sign with ANY team as long as EVERY other team in NHL signs off on it. Not a chance.

3a. Because Kovalchuk is on VRL, NJ can't trade his rights to any team unless Kovalchuk signs with NJ first. So sign and trade possible.

3b. Note: Only way Kovalchuk can come off VRL is by signing with NJ. Player on VRL can't have rights traded. Thus, sign and trade is req'd.

4.) As I understand it, these rules/scenarios are applicable if Kovalchuk wants to return to the NHL for the coming 2017-18 season.

forget it Creeper

Red_Man

losing him for nothing a year from now is what's dumb
He's not leaving, if you saw his comments it seems pretty clear he wants to stay, and having Weber here for a while will definitely help keep him around.

yyzjohn

Banned
The team also played a lot more lose and gave up almost double the high scoring chances under Therrien

I don't know how you can quantify that. Cake was throwing out stats about how teams score under Julien without looking at his most recent history..i.e. this season. Another example...Julien in Boston this year vs. Butch Cassidy coaching the same team:

Under Julien: 2.56 Goals/Game
Under Cassidy: 3.37 Goals/Game

So we have 2 examples of teams that were coached by Julien, then another coach who had them scoring more goals than Julien did.

imBask

Banned
He's not leaving, if you saw his comments it seems pretty clear he wants to stay, and having Weber here for a while will definitely help keep him around.

heh, i'm still against giving 10M+ to a goalie in today's NHL and there IS discussion to be had with his contract coming to an end

people on twitter comparing it to the Roy trade are the dumb ones, it's nothing like that

heh, i'm still against giving 10M+ to a goalie in today's NHL and there IS discussion to be had with his contract coming to an end

Now would be the time to do it. Have a struggle-year in 17/18, maximize the value of all those 2018 1st/2nd round picks.

Solo

AGally was asked if he wants to stay long term.

"I haven't thought about it". Yep, he's gone. It's sad. Weber and Price both spoke highly of him. Weber said he thinks that AGally doesn't even know how good he is.

Shame that he'll be making that discovery elsewhere :(

Red_Man

I don't know how you can quantify that. Cake was throwing out stats about how teams score under Julien without looking at his most recent history..i.e. this season. Another example...Julien in Boston this year vs. Butch Cassidy coaching the same team:

Under Julien: 2.56 Goals/Game
Under Cassidy: 3.37 Goals/Game

So we have 2 examples of teams that were coached by Julien, then another coach who had them scoring more goals than Julien did.
The Bruins shooting percentage was also unsustainable low under Julien which has more to do with luck. Julien is definitely a defence first coach, but the narrative that his teams don't score is garbage. He iced a team that got 0 goals from his top 2 offensive players and 1 goal from his top 3 centers.

yyzjohn

Banned
Now would be the time to do it. Have a struggle-year in 17/18, maximize the value of all those 2018 1st/2nd round picks.

I wonder what a trade for Price would look like. Teams know he's gonna want an 8 year deal, with big money...what are you willing to trade to get a guy and commit that much of your cap to? Unless the Habs & Price can come to some sort of team-friendly cap number for him to stay, I don't know what a happy ending is for them.

Edit: any good Marinaro rants to speak of today?

imBask

Banned
I wonder what a trade for Price would look like. Teams know he's gonna want an 8 year deal, with big money...what are you willing to trade to get a guy and commit that much of your cap to? Unless the Habs & Price can come to some sort of team-friendly cap number for him to stay, I don't know what a happy ending is for them.

Edit: any good Marinaro rants to speak of today?

He complained a lot about King playing every game in the playoffs and he's right, i'm thinking even Therrien would've scratched him it made 0 sense

I wonder what a trade for Price would look like. Teams know he's gonna want an 8 year deal, with big money...what are you willing to trade to get a guy and commit that much of your cap to?

Vegas' 2017 and 2018 1sts. McPhee could make Habs 2.0 in 1 off-season.

Top Bottom