• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Yawnier

Banned
Engels: "Marc can you name a team that has won a cup without a number 1 center, like you said has happened before?"

MB: "Well, I mean, LA, you know they had Kopitar and Carter... And Chicago... well, actually, Toews is a number 1 center, yeah.

BERGEVIN IS ON THAT 420 SHIT

lmao

I've read a few of the things Bargainbin has said today and I'll be surprised if both Galchenyuk and Beaulieu are Habs by the time October rolls around

Cake Boss

Banned
Marc Best GM in the league asked whether if you need a #1 center to win the cup.

He says no, some teams have won it without one.

Asked if he can clarify which teams he's thinking about.

Cites LA specifically with Kopitar and Carter, then Chicago with Toews as not true #1 Centers.

😐😐😐

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

This guy is in charge of an original 6 team lmao.

Marvie_3

Banned
Marc Best GM in the league asked whether if you need a #1 center to win the cup.

Cites LA specifically with Kopitar and Carter, then Chicago with Toews as not true #1 Centers.

😐😐😐

Original 6 doesnt matter.

#JEALOUSASSNONORIGINAL6GARBAGETEAMFAN

eyeless

Engels: "Marc can you name a team that has won a cup without a number 1 center, like you said has happened before?"

MB: "Well, I mean, LA, you know they had Kopitar and Carter... And Chicago... well, actually, Toews is a number 1 center, yeah.

BERGEVIN IS ON THAT 420 SHIT
amazing

Socreges

Banned

😐😐😐

He needs Sean Spicer's​ deflecting abilities.

Also the correct answer is the 2003 New Jersey Devils. Or you could stretch it and point to the 2007 Ducks.

Quick

Banned
Just catching up on some off-season stuff.

People legitimately want to trade Price?

For salary reasons, I guess I can understand. Otherwise, lol what.

Mentok

Banned
Just catching up on some off-season stuff.

People legitimately want to trade Price?

For salary reasons, I guess I can understand. Otherwise, lol what.
I stopped arguing how insane the idea is, but I feel like Mugatu from Zoolander now. The only positive from MB's ranting interview was saying Carey is a big piece moving forward, and they want to build better around him.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So the extended Sharks injury report is:

Thornton: Torn MCL&ACL
Marleau: Broken Thumb
Hertl: Broken Foot
Donskoi: Separated Shoulder
Couture: Broken Face

Good lord

Couture's face is exactly as God intended

image.php

Socreges

Banned
Finally decided to just finish Zelda. I could have dicked around for much longer but it's time to move on.
I've still got three areas of the map (W - NW) basically untouched. One divine beast remaining. Plenty to do yet and not just side quests. I think once I've got all the shrines done I'll wrap it up.

PillarEN

I've still got three areas of the map (W - NW) basically untouched. One divine beast remaining. Plenty to do yet and not just side quests. I think once I've got all the shrines done I'll wrap it up.

That's actually a lot of game left. those areas are pretty packed with things to do.

Solo

after getting thrown under the bus like that? yeah me too, i'm pulling a Drouin

Yeah.

Also, Bergevin is spouting the same shit as always.

"Trading for a 1C is impossible"
"Galchenyuk is a winger"
And most damaging of all.....
"We didn't have trouble scoring"

FIRE THIS MAN

Socreges

Banned
That's actually a lot of game left. those areas are pretty packed with things to do.
Yeah, I bet. Part of me also wants this game to be done. But it's so damn enjoyable and still continues to surprise me*, so there's no way I'm rushing it. Other games await but oh well.

The dragons. I was in the south of the map, exploring near a pond. By coincidence it suddenly starts to glow and a dragon bursts out. Amazing moment.

Or the emergent gameplay. eg, there are a million ways to melt ice pillars. I ran out of wood, fire arrows and fire weapons...but it turns out a piece of flint and a wooden weapon is enough. :eek:

Solo

Also amid all the piledriving of AGally, not one hard question was asked about Min Patioready. Once again he floats on by without issue.

Fuck this entire franchise.

Mentok

Banned
I don't think that MB actually believes what he is saying, hence why the press (especially some of those French media questions...whew!) were grilling hard. But what's he going to say? "The following players are terrible"? How would that look for trades? He's right, that not every team has a bonafide 1C, and those that do, won't simply part with them without a big payday. The only thing that was surprising was how much they threw AGally under the bus. Besides that, it was business as usual. This guy's not going to spill the behind-the-scenes thought process. One thing is certain, he has to stop bargaining on 3-4th liners/players who are questionable. If he truly believes this team is 2-3 pieces away, then they gotta bank hard on that.

Socreges

Banned
Price isn't getting traded. I believe Bargainbin.

And it'd be stupid to trade Galchenyuk while his value is at its lowest. Wait until he goes on one of his streaks.

calder

Wait, if a team has incredibly bad special teams over a significant period of time despite having talented players the team can... *get rid*of the coach responsible? It's possible to, what's the word they used, "fire" an assistant coach and get a new one?!

Sounds like a cool idea, if it is in fact legal!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
"Those players aren't available"

Remember this line? Before he traded away a Norris winning defenceman, and ignores all of the first line players that have in fact been traded recently.

Top Bottom