• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Quick

Banned
AROOOOOOOOOSTON

MATTHEWSROOOOOO

AROOOOOOOOOOOOOKIE OF THE YEAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CALDEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Cake Boss

Banned

DC5DXliXoAAdTfv.jpg

Oh Exce I left a response to your post from like 4 pages ago. Probably got lost in all the draft hype. In case you cared what I had to say haha.

Yeah just saw it. Solid point. Not much to add from my pov. Guess it's just wait and see.

Not really impressed with their roster but whatever

I expected to lose Methot. Sucks it's for nothing though. We needed the $$ freed up and we keep Claesson so hopefully will be good in the long run.

Methot is gonna decline soon I think.

Clayton Stoner and Shea Theodore. I guess it wasn't that bad. We had too many defensemen anyway and good for Shea to get a shot for more minutes with the Vegas Knights

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I expected to lose Methot. Sucks it's for nothing though. We needed the $$ freed up and we keep Claesson so hopefully will be good in the long run.

Methot is gonna decline soon I think.

I think he's gonna become a lot slower the next few seasons, he's already not that great of a skater. Still, sucks to lose him, he's the definition of heart and soul, would love to have him back on the Sens in the near future.

Hopefully he does get traded to Dallas. I doubt the VGK are gonna be making any noise in the NHL anytime soon and with Dallas he gets a chance to win.

Calvin Pickard - fine pick for a backup
Lukas Sbisa - LOL
Teemu Pulkkinen - fine
Jon Merrill - fine
William Carrier - not familiar enough
Cody Eakin - good and expected. Why he was available is the question
Tomas Nosek - the fuck
Jonathan Marchessault - Eatting Reilly Smith's contract was completely worth it. Cant believe FLA let him go
Brayden McNabb - eh?
Connor Brickley - lol terrible
Chris Thorburn - UFA right? Wont even dress for VGK
Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - WTF. Hes garbage, and worthless with Enforcers having no value these days, and yet they took him without PHI even having to add.
Jason Garrison - fine I guess
J-F Berube - with everything else they got. Completely worth it to take
James Neal - Lots of good options from Nashville. Having a goal scorer is great, even if Neal has slipped some. His penalty issues wont matter as much while the VGK are building
Deryk Engelland -Worst pick possible. Engelland is awful and his contract is fucking awful
Brandon Leipsic - good pick
Colin Miller - good pick, and expected
Marc Methot - good pick and expected
David Schlemko - seems like hes got potential
David Perron - expected. Probably not the best option, but hes still plenty serviceable
Oscar Lindberg - dont know enough
Griffin Reinhart - hes fine to bad...leaning towards bad
Alexei Emelin - Did I say Engelland was the worst pick. I take that back. Emelin is godawful and his contract is even worse than Engelland's

My takes so far

Takes on some of your takes...

Bellemare isn't an enforcer.

Engelland was a UFA, he has signed with Vegas for 1 year, 1 mill. So no, not a terrible contract.

Methot is highly speculated to be trade bait.

Lindberg is a good pick, especially from what they had to choose from NYR.

Emelin, while overpaid, is a mean physical SOB, and they have to reach the cap floor...bad contracts are nothing to them, hence why they are taking on ones of players who can't even play: Clarkson, Grabovski. But man, your takes were so hot.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Knowing Boucher he will get 5-10 minutes ice time every few games, unless he kills it off the bat.

We've rushed every top D prospect last few years. I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Offensive guys are usually pretty good out of the gate.

The big lumbering guys usually need to transition to the speed.

bill0527

Just got home and as expected, the Golden Showers took my James Neal. Fuck. Goodbye 20 goals and 45 points. I guess on the bright side, we've got a bunch of money now to find a replacement.

Obviously we dont know exactly what happened pre trade freeze, but some of these moves are completely stupid from McPhee...that Minnesota trade for example. It's like McPhee decided to play hard ass on some teams and Mr Nice Guy on others (with really good players available). Not surprising though for a GM who traded Forsberg for Erat.

I think he's gonna become a lot slower the next few seasons, he's already not that great of a skater. Still, sucks to lose him, he's the definition of heart and soul, would love to have him back on the Sens in the near future.

Always thought he's very decent, certainly better than Phaneuf(who skates like he's going through mud).

They're not gonna pair Chabot with EK so assuming no acquisitions I can see them trying Claesson.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Obviously we dont know exactly what happened pre trade freeze, but some of these moves are completely stupid from McPhee...that Minnesota trade for example. It's like McPhee decided to play hard ass on some teams and Mr Nice Guy on others (with really good players available). Not surprising though for a GM who traded Forsberg for Erat.

I honestly think there's more at work here than face value

i'm starting to get the impression now with mcphee getting shipachev, gusev and trying to lure dadonov that the next logical step is kovalchuk

he's going hard after the SKA teams offense

Always thought he's very decent, certainly better than Phaneuf(who skates like he's going through mud).

They're not gonna pair Chabot with EK so assuming no acquisitions I can see them trying Claesson.

Claesson will certainly pair up with Norrisson, they were pretty good together in the playoffs. Ceci really needs to step it up...they should have just traded him for Drouin when they had the chance. Losing Methot is definitely not good in the short term, but it does free up cap space for offense and give the younger D some much needed experience.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
NHL First All-Star Team:

Marchand-McDavid-Kane
Karlsson-Burns
Bobrovsky

NHL Second All-Star Team:

Panarin-Crosby-Kucherov
Keith-Hedman
Holtby

NHL All-Rookie Team:

Marner-Matthews-Laine
Werenski-Skjei
Murray

Stasis

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow, Friday and then I guess Monday etc.

So many teams have so many things to address.

Top Bottom