• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Saying he's capable of being a #1 center = Godlike talent now?

Player development isn't a straight ascent.....Skinner had 63 points in his first season and only hit that total again 6 years later, injuries, development, player useage all come into play.

no shit

Jeff Skinner also had a sh% of 14.4 and an oiSH% of 10.7%

William Nylander had a sh% of 10.7% and an oiSH% of 6.9%

tell me which one of these 2 are likely to be sustainable

to give you an idea... there's 2 years skinner had an oiSH% below 6.9% and they were both his worst years statistically.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
no shit

You're right, Nylander will definitely be in the Hart race next season

Socreges

Banned
You're right, Nylander will definitely be in the Hart race next season
NETS.jpg

but your posts are already leading for worst shitpost of 2017.
Don't be so modest, Dopey.

Curufinwe

Fippula might have helped Montreal down the middle.

He wasn't amazing for us, but it was a great relief not to have Schenn playing center anymore. I wanted that experiment to work because he prefers it, but he just isn't an NHL center.

imBask

Banned
So are you finally admitting he's not a bust?

Good question, we really like the core that we have, we believe we have what it takes to make it next year but keep in mind that we're always trying to improve our team. Trades are hard you know there are 29 other GMs looking for great players it's not a ps4 game

yyzjohn

Banned
no shit

to give you an idea... there's 2 years skinner had an oiSH% below 6.9% and they were both his worst years statistically.

When Dopey breaks out the advanced stats it makes me hard.

Socreges

Banned
Just noticed...

To qualify to have your name engraved on the Cup, you need to play 41 games with the team or 1 playoff game

Yakupov has played exactly 40 games with the Blues and 0 playoff games

No one expects the Blues to win the Cup but wow

Solo

Nylander has to play wing for 5 seasons to learn rispek. Get with the program.

Back to Habs land re: "AGally's near future is at wing". I'm okay with that, as I've said before, BUT, for the love of god flip him over to the right side. I don't understand how all our coaches keep missing this. Dude has scored like half his goals ripping one timers from his off wing. Yet they never slot him in on RW, and Min Patioready got that half wall slot over him on the PP this year. AGally has arguably the best shot (or at least release) on the team. So why not put him in a place he can use it? Put him on the right and have Duchene feed him pucks. Profit.

Montresor

Just noticed...

To qualify to have your name engraved on the Cup, you need to play 41 games with the team or 1 playoff game

Yakupov has played exactly 40 games with the Blues and 0 playoff games

No one expects the Blues to win the Cup but wow

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=25432

To have one's name engraved on the Stanley Cup certain requirements must be met. A player must have at least 41 games played with the club or one game played in the Stanley Cup Finals. However, in 1994 a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play.

It's actually 41 games or 1 Stanley Cup Finals game. Though Yakupov is in the unique situation where if he plays any playoff game (even if it isn't in the final round), he'll hit 41 overall games played and will be eligible to be engraved onto the Cup.

I heard Yakupov is a lovable locker room guy though. So maybe his team will petition the Commissioner to have his name on the Cup even if he doesn't play another game these playoffs.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah that's what I meant. Basically he needs one more game in the playoffs and he's good. His best chance is injuries if the Blues go deep

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Did we ever find out what injury Pacioretty had?

I assume a complete spinal injury based on his play.

No vagina jokes

Of the many blessings having a family bestows upon you, high among them is being exposed to new, and interesting strains of stomach flu.

Does Green's hiring suggest that the org is ready to do a proper rebuild? Curious to see what Benning does.

Top Bottom