• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Yawnier

Banned
"Those players aren't available"

Remember this line? Before he traded away a Norris winning defenceman, and ignores all of the first line players that have in fact been traded recently.
Bargainbin:

Trading is hard
Free agency is hard
Drafting is hard

zroid

Banned
Since I haven't been following closely over the last few months... how exactly did AGally end up in the doghouse anyway? He was rolling early on in the season, no?

I can't believe Danault was the Habs' 1C for a long stretch. I get he's been surprisingly good, but... wat

Solo

I just wonder what the heck AGally's contract will look like. He has no contract now and he's 2 years from UFA. Had a great season followed by a bad one. How do you monetize that?

Marvie_3

Banned
Wait, if a team has incredibly bad special teams over a significant period of time despite having talented players the team can... *get rid*of the coach responsible? It's possible to, what's the word they used, "fire" an assistant coach and get a new one?!

Sounds like a cool idea, if it is in fact legal!
Firing assistants is fun

yeah was mistaken, have to be unprotected but Vegas gets 48 hours to sign them like they are their own

Sources told ESPN.com that as part of these fascinating expansion-draft rules we keep learning about, the Vegas organization will have a 48-hour window ahead of the expansion draft in June to speak with and sign any pending unrestricted or restricted free agents whom the 30 teams left unprotected for the expansion draft.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nhl/post/_...as-vegas-will-get-a-head-start-on-free-agency

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Since I haven't been following closely over the last few months... how exactly did AGally end up in the doghouse anyway? He was rolling early on in the season, no?

I can't believe Danault was the Habs' 1C for a long stretch. I get he's been surprisingly good, but... wat

Honestly, I have no idea.

He'd have a stretch of 2-3 pointless games, and get removed from the top line, while Danault can go 19 games without a goal(and barely any points), yet remain there because reasons.

If they simply moved him down a line, and played him with offensive players all of the time, I'd believe them if they told me they wanted to spread out the offense, but it really just felt like he was being punished most of the time.

zroid

Banned
Dart Gut met Yzerman at a Mississauga Steelheads game lol

C-OM80CWAAADf_k.jpg

I've still got three areas of the map (W - NW) basically untouched. One divine beast remaining. Plenty to do yet and not just side quests. I think once I've got all the shrines done I'll wrap it up.

I spent between 80 and 100 hours with it but there's still soooo much I didn't do. I only did like 85 shrines. I may leisurely dip back into it over time to do things here and there when I'm in the mood to explore. Plus there's DLC coming.

Marvie_3

Banned
Second City Hockey @2ndCityHockey

Is there another power struggle in Chicago? Joel Quenneville reportedly is “upset" with Mike Kitchen’s firing
Boo fucking hoo, dipshit.

Maybe dont have them hire your useless friends.

Marvie_3

Banned
Haha it's not the first time there's been a power struggle up there and I'm glad people will be held accountable. I'll be curious who else is on the way out
From the tone of Bowman's interview the other day, this seems like a warning shot at Q. Im guessing the only reason Dineen still has a job is so they have someone to step in if shit goes south next season.

I wasnt expecting Q to be fired yet but he sure as hell needs a fire below him, warming up his seat a bit.

Socreges

Banned
Travis Green new head coach for the Canucks

Alright

(Since someone may point it out: he hasn't technically been hired yet but they're finalizing the deal)

RC

Banned
Travis Green new head coach for the Canucks

Alright

(Since someone may point it out: he hasn't technically been hired yet but they're finalizing the deal)

Was the predictable, least exciting choice.

Wonder if this means Virtanan will play on the main roster next season?

Socreges

Banned
Was the predictable, least exciting choice.

Wonder if this means Virtanan will play on the main roster next season?
Not based on his performance in Utica and I suspect Green has little bias toward him. Virtanen needs a miracle summer and camp to position himself as a candidate NHLer.

So long as Green's decision making leads to us drafting Dahlin, I'm happy.

Pikma

Banned
Hitchcock said he'll give Seguin more responsibilities, including PK

Good luck with that😂😂😂😂😂😂

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
If we've learned anything it's that plans can and will change. He may say that now and then change his mind come October after training camp.

it just bugs me watching nylander play on his off wing arggghhhhhh... He's a C or LW

nylander is a godlike talent that put up over 60 points in his rookie season playing his worst position :s and he plays his best at C by far

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
it just bugs me watching nylander play on his off wing arggghhhhhh... He's a C or LW

nylander is a godlike talent that put up over 60 points in his rookie season playing his worst position :s and he plays his best at C by far
Ns7a3hS.gif

Yawnier

Banned

Babsock and management want him to earn a center spot I guess

Reminds me a bit of over a year ago when Lou was asked in a interview if he thought Marner was NHL ready and he said no.

They like pushing the young guys to always be better, as they should.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
you could literally copy paste that, replace Nylander with "Galchenyuk" and it would be one of your post Red
Saying he's capable of being a #1 center = Godlike talent now?

Nylander had more points in his rookie year than Galchenyuk had in any season
Player development isn't a straight ascent.....Skinner had 63 points in his first season and only hit that total again 6 years later, injuries, development, player useage all come into play.

Top Bottom