• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Marvie_3

Banned
Haven't had an issue playing TWD season 2 either.

In terms of quality? It was alright.

I wanted to get season 3, but I've just lost the urge to play anything Telltale recently. I'll probably get it when the last episode is out and when it's on sale again.
Thats what im waiting for. I wanna play S3 but i dont mind hplding off for a sale.

According to Elite Prospects he's a Czech Defenceman. 36 points in 59 games

Might be our Michal Kempny
So he'll be your guy that doesn't play despite being a better option because your coach is a fucking idiot?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
ESPN getting rid of Lebrun just shows how much trouble they are in.

Arguably the 2nd best analyst/insider of the sport behind Bob.a

Curufinwe

ESPN getting rid of Lebrun just shows how much trouble they are in.

Arguably the 2nd best analyst/insider of the sport behind Bob.a

On his podcast Bob sounds like he has a few years left before he packs it in for the beach/ice fishing.

LeBrun seems the best guy to take over as the insider. Certainly not Dreger.

yyzjohn

Banned
They've had numerous opportunities to sign Jagr and they've always ignored him. Waiting until he's got nothing left in the tank is a classic Toronto move.

Jagr is playing until he's 50 so he's got a good 5 years to go and you can maximize that Carey Price Stanley Cup Window. (CPSCW). Imagine the jersey sales for Jagr alone too? Red would buy one first.

imBask

Banned
Campbell is going in HARD on the canadiens management on Habs Lunch

He's shitting on them for always nickel and diming our best players, Subban, Price, Radulov, etc, but also giving Emelin 4M, Desharnais 3M, etc

Socreges

Banned
Don't forget Housley, Lindros, Peca, Nieuwendyk, Barrasso, and Kolzig (lol).
Olli_Jokinen_Trade.jpg

I'd love to see a chart of some sort that illustrates how relatively shitty these players were once they landed on the Leafs.

Solo

Campbell is going in HARD on the canadiens management on Habs Lunch

He's shitting on them for always nickel and diming our best players, Subban, Price, Radulov, etc, but also giving Emelin 4M, Desharnais 3M, etc

Just wait til Danault gets 6x$5M

yyzjohn

Banned
Olli_Jokinen_Trade.jpg

I'd love to see a chart of some sort that illustrates how relatively shitty these players were once they landed on the Leafs.

I'm sure you can make a list of "has been" players that have played on other teams beyond just the Leafs. From the list above, Nieuwendyk was actually good. He had 50 points in 64 games in his one season, and 6 goals in 9 playoff games. The rest, meh.

Solo

Sounds like Kucherov is becoming a primadonna like Drouin. We will take your problems off your hands, Zero.

Drouin + Kucherov for our third and fourth lines.

Socreges

Banned
Poor Killorn

I'm sure you can make a list of "has been" players that have played on other teams beyond just the Leafs. From the list above, Nieuwendyk was actually good. He had 50 points in 64 games in his one season, and 6 goals in 9 playoff games. The rest, meh.
Yes...but none compares to the Leafs' procurement of limping legends.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hard to believe anything thinks Bergevin is perfectly ok with what we have upfront right now.

*looks dude up*
*5'10", 180 lbs*

Yep, he'll fit in nicely :/
*complains about only signing giant, talentless goons at deadline*

Acquires smaller, offensive defenceman

*complains*

This is Habsland

Red_Man

yeah but

trades are hard
scouting is hard
UFA's are hard
He's definitely failed at doing so, but to say he's content with Danault at the #1 C is stupid, regardless of what he says at his presser. All he does is deflect from his real intentions.

Solo

Hard to believe anything thinks Bergevin is perfectly ok with what we have upfront right now.

*complains about only signing giant, talentless goons at deadline*

Acquires smaller, offensive defenceman

*complains*

This is Habsland

I mean, and call me crazy, skill players do exist at 6'+ and 200 lbs+

Solo

He's definitely failed at doing so, but to say he's content with Danault at the #1 C is stupid, regardless of what he says at his presser. All he does is deflect from his real intentions.

His "real intentions" are to overpay for Matt Duchene. Because he's the missing link to bring us Stanley Cup glory. Yes.......

Solo

I know, but I also think there's a huge problem with player development
I'd bet against Sergachev at this point tbh

There's a huge problem with everything aside from the head coach

- our GM is a defeatist loser "trades are hard", "drafting is hard", "signing players is hard", "#1C don't get traded" (I guess Seguin and Thornton and Carter are 4th line scrubs) who is trying to build a team like it's 1990 (grit, character, intangibles)
- our head scout can't evaulate talent (don't let Red fool you, Timmins' record outside one great year a decade ago is poor as fuck)
- our AHL coach is atrocious and has failed to develop a single NHL calibre player

Red_Man

I mean, and call me crazy, skill players do exist at 6'+ and 200 lbs+
Last two years have showed us size means less and less, and GMs are still expected to pay more for size.

I know, but I also think there's a huge problem with player development
I'd bet against Sergachev at this point tbh
AHL team has been an absolute disaster, going to the playoffs once in 5 years in unacceptable, I have no idea how Lefebvre is still coaching.

His "real intentions" are to overpay for Matt Duchene. Because he's the missing link to bring us Stanley Cup glory. Yes.......
If that were his real intentions he would have done it? He didn't overpay by a gross amount and people are complaining he didn't add and if he had done AGally + Sergachev he would have been torn a new one. The only remotely offensive player to move at the deadline was Hanzal,it's not like they were going left and right. If he can't get a top 6 player this off season, then he needs to be removed.

Solo

If that were his real intentions he would have done it? He didn't overpay by a gross amount and people are complaining he didn't add and if he had done AGally + Sergachev he would have been torn a new one. The only remotely offensive player to move at the deadline was Hanzal,it's not like they were going left and right. If he can't get a top 6 player this off season, then he needs to be removed.

I suspect that at the draft we are trading for either Duchene or RNH or some other awful "solution" to our centre problems.

Red_Man

I suspect that at the draft we are trading for either Duchene or RNH or some other awful "solution" to our centre problems.
Why do you think they're awful? Both would be an upgrade, I just would not move Sergachev in any deal, and I think Bergevin's lack of movement should give you faith he isn't going to get fleeced.

Red_Man

All of this C talk is pointless until we know what they're going to do with Galchenyuk.

what if the trade is Galchenyuk for Drouin?
That's not happening, they need defence.

I would love to see him as a Hab, but it would take Sergachev and that's not happening.

Top Bottom