• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

calder

I'm ok with this as long as he wears a generic NHL jersey

🤔

mark_scheifele_win_062411.jpg

You know, I'll take it.

Cities: Skylines is so good after the Mass Transit update. City building ya'll. Weird how my "Boulder" district keeps getting hit by natural disaster after natural disaster.. weird how there are no hospitals, fire stations or funeral homes there...

Weird how the center of the district is just a garbage dump..?

calder

I was worried the buildup to the Comey testimony was too much and we'd be left with some anticlimactic non-committal responses but so far nope, pure fucking fire.

Cities: Skylines is so good after the Mass Transit update. City building ya'll. Weird how my "Boulder" district keeps getting hit by natural disaster after natural disaster.. weird how there are no hospitals, fire stations or funeral homes there...

Weird how the center of the district is just a garbage dump..?
Triggered!

This Comey testimony has been very interesting. I won't get into why too much here, but I highly recommend people set aside the time to listen and draw their own conclusions.

Pikma

Banned
Something that's really sad is that I can tell who's Republican and who's Democrat just by their openings and their first few questions.

Even more so Republicans since they are basically acting as Trump's lawyers

Pikma

Banned
I can't believe Republicans keep bringing up Clinton's emails, and on a completely unrelated investigation.

What the fuck is wrong with these people

"Brian Burke runs Hockey Operations for the Calgary Flames and he and many Calgarians have strong views about this topic. However, he is not our spokesperson regarding a new events centre for our city. We remain committed to our dialogue with the City and very optimistic we will get to a positive conclusion. We admire everyone's enthusiasm on this subject."

- Ken King, CSEC President & CEO

lols

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ja Sohn?

I forget is Smelly from Frenchy Smellyland, German Smellyland or Italian Smellyland? Oh shit I know there's 4 languages there but I forget the fourth, wtf could it be

German

And Rumantsch / Romansh

calder

German

And Rumantsch / Romansh

German? Nailed it.

Yeah I googled it immediately after posting, was driving me nuts. That's some interesting shit on the wiki page for it.

Romansh originates from the spoken Latin brought to the region by Roman soldiers, merchants, and officials following the conquest of the modern-day Grisons area by the Romans in 15 BC. Before that, the inhabitants spoke Celtic and Raetic languages, with Raetic apparently being spoken mainly in the Lower Engadine valley.

The coolest thing to me, perhaps due to living in the prairies, is how the language and dialects of the region were so influenced by geography. Being able to categorize dialects by the valleys where they were spoken and track how trade routes opened and closed over time is pretty neat.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
German? Nailed it.

Yeah I googled it immediately after posting, was driving me nuts. That's some interesting shit on the wiki page for it.

The coolest thing to me, perhaps due to living in the prairies, is how the language and dialects of the region were so influenced by geography. Being able to categorize dialects by the valleys where they were spoken and track how trade routes opened and closed over time is pretty neat.

Swiss dialects are very diverse - there's a website that asks you how you pronounce ~20 different words and it can narrow down where you're from/where you live to like 5-6 towns. :lol

Top Bottom