• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Pikma

Banned
I don't really care that much about specs, give me games I want and I'll be there. If all Scorpio does is increase the resolution and framerate of XB1 games I will have to pass.

Quick

Banned
https://www.easports.com/nhl

Matthews, Marner, and Nylander are on their splash page. Wonder if that's a cover athlete(s) hint.

giphy.gif

PillarEN

I was expecting him to be an anime fan before clicking the link

Hmm... I do play up the weeabooisms here, but I'm actually not an anime expert by any means. I think it's a fantastic artistic medium. Yes. However, I probably only watch like 4 series a year and they don't even have to be from the present. I've only seen like 4 or 5 Ghibli movies. I do enjoy Japanese pop culture in general, but it's not limited to anime. I'm fascinated by their games, literature, cinema and music too. Don't care about manga though. Nothing against it. Just not something I seek out.

Curufinwe

What does it change about sony fanboys? They're willing to lower their acceptance standards to whatever shovelware Sony publishes.

Anyways...

Seattle is announcing their Arena plans ina bout an hour... and they have an NHL ownership group with a billionaire ... looks like expansion round 2 is coming

Basically... Quebec is getting fucked lol

Always fun to see Dopey dropping his GameFAQS-style console warrior shit in here because he's far too scared to reveal the full scale of his delusion in a gaming thread.

PillarEN

I'd like nothing more than for the 32nd team to be in Seattle. Get some good cross nation blood between Seattle and Vancouver.

I'd make the trek from the BC interior to Seattle for a game sometime, it's only an hour further than Vancouver from here and I've always wanted to check out the city. Tickets would probably be cheaper than in Vancouver as well.

I'd make the trek from the BC interior to Seattle for a game sometime, it's only an hour further than Vancouver from here and I've always wanted to check out the city. Tickets would probably be cheaper than in Vancouver as well.

Seattle is a great city.

You should come to Victoria, stay with Socreges or Quick, then take the Port Angeles ferry over to Washington. Then from Port Angeles, drive to Bainbridge Island and take that ferry right into downtown Seattle.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Seattle is a great city.

You should come to Victoria, stay with Socreges or Quick, then take the Port Angeles ferry over to Washington. Then from Port Angeles, drive to Bainbridge Island and take that ferry right into downtown Seattle.

Or just drive from Desi's dumpster

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That's it? Man... they should really put Price on the cover.

I can't believe we haven't had a Cover athlete ever.

going back over the years:

Tarasenko - St Louis
Toews - Chicago
Bergeron - Boston
Brodeur - NJ
Giroux - Philly
Stamkos - Tampa
Gretzky - Oilers (Wii Slapshot)
Toews - Chicago
Kane - Chicago
Phaneuf - Flames
Eric Staal - Carolina
Ovechkin - Caps
Lecavalier - Tampa
Naslund - Vancouver
Heatley (Atlanta), crashed his car so was switched to Sakic - Colorado
Iginla - Calgary
Lemieux - Pittsburgh
Nolan - SJ
Pronger - St Louis
Lindros - Philly
Forsberg - Colorado
Vanbiesbrouck (...) - Florida
Stevens&Yzerman - NJ & Detroit
Kovalev & McLean - Rangers&Vancouver
Sandstrom & Moog - LA & Boston
Brind'Amour, Ricvhter & Moller - Philly &2xRangers
Healy - LA

For NHL 2K:

Logan Couture
Zach Parise
Ryan Kesler
Ryan Kesler again
Ovechkin
Rick Nash
Jason Spezza
Joe Thornton
Marty Turco
Martin St. Louis
Jeremy Roenick
Jeremy Roenick
Chris Drury
Brendan Shanahan

I legit never realized Crosby has never been the cover athlete

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
going back over the years:

I legit never realized Crosby has never been the cover athlete
It's because he demands too much money. I've had friends that worked on the 2K hockey games (I almost did as well) and he told me that they'd approach him every year but it was just too expensive.

calder

Trying to think what it would take for a Jet to get a cover. Laine would have to get 100 goals. And probably a conn smyth.

Quick

Banned
Trying to think what it would take for a Jet to get a cover. Laine would have to get 100 goals. And probably a conn smyth.

Relocate to Seattle, and Laine might make it on the Finnish version of the game.

Wouldn't be surprised if he actually is the Finnish cover athlete, if that's a thing.

Top Bottom